• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Benefits of Stoneware Pie Birds: What Else Can They Do?

The nylon scrapers come with one use, but they can be folded into an envelope-like shape and used for many purposes. They are especially helpful for smoothing out bubbles or gluing things together.
jmwatson1213
What other uses do they have? All the stoneware pieces come with one, so why are they sold separately? Thanks!

Well, when it gets worn out from using you can buy new ones :)
Other than that, I actually use them for scraping all my dishes. It's easier than scrubbing and it's helpful when you're using a dishwasher and you don't want to have to "wash before you wash"

I had a Stampin' Up consultant buy a bunch from me because they work great for a card making technique or something she does. ...Come to think of it, she hosts workshops all the time, maybe I should donate my spare ones with my contact info stuck to them! ;)

I probably found this document on this site. It's 50 uses for a Nylon Scraper and can be folded into an envelope of sorts that the Scraper fits inside of. I print up a couple and put in a Scraper or two and put them in my goodie basket for the drawings at my shows. A big "thankyou" to whoever originally posted it!

Shari in TX

Attachments

• Pan Scraper Pouch[1].pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 447
How do you fold it???

I use them for scrapbooking and stuff too. It's awesome for gluing things and smoothing out bubbles. I also use it for my pots and pans and stuff. When I wasn't that good of a cook (LOL) and I would burn stuff onto my pans, especially things with a glaze, I used a credit card (pre-PC) but the scrapers are awesome-er lol

chellb1234 said:
How do you fold it???

If I remember correctly, I folded it lengthwise and then in thirds and tuck one side inside the other. You won't be able to see all the uses until you open it up, but the part that says "50 Uses..." is on the front and you can see one section of the list on the back and there's a pocket on top for you to put the scraper(s) into. Mostly it's trial and error and whatever works for you will be fine.

I find that people who have them, love them and will always explain that they are great for "this" "that" and "the other thing" but those that have never used them are appreciative of a list of ways they can use them and are more likely to pick them out of a basket of freebees if they have that list.

Shari in TX

I love using mine to change my Scentsy warmers...it pops the wax up nicely!

I ran into a tradesman who wanted them for caulking. The corners are the perfect curve for caulking around a tub or sink or whatever...

What is a pie bird and what are its benefits?

A pie bird, also known as a pie vent or pie funnel, is a small ceramic or stoneware figurine used in baking pies. It is placed in the center of the pie before baking and helps to release steam, preventing the filling from becoming too runny.

How does using a pie bird improve the texture of my pie crust?

Using a pie bird allows steam to escape from the pie while it bakes, which helps to prevent the crust from becoming soggy. This results in a crispier and more evenly baked crust.

Can I use a pie bird for other types of pies besides fruit pies?

Yes, pie birds can be used for any type of pie that requires a top crust, such as quiches, pot pies, and savory pies. It can also be used for single crust pies by placing the bird on top of the crust before baking.

Can I use a pie bird in the microwave or oven?

Yes, pie birds are safe to use in both the microwave and oven. Just make sure to follow the instructions for your specific pie bird and do not exceed the recommended temperature.

How do I clean and care for my pie bird?

Pie birds are typically dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash them to prolong their lifespan. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh scrubbing tools to prevent damaging the bird. Allow it to cool completely before cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • Paula Poole
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HeatherP19