• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Benefits of Owning a Pet""Pet Ownership: Is It Really Worth It?

In summary, the conversation discusses the usefulness and practicality of a particular carrying case for consultants. While it may be beneficial for those living in areas with milder weather, it can be difficult to transport and may not be worth the expense. It is primarily used for vendor events and can hold a lot of products. However, it is heavy and can be a hassle to carry in and out of houses and up stairs. Some individuals have found it to be a helpful investment, while others have not had much use for it.
Pampered Angel
worth having??

Yes, I have gotten good use from mine.
If you you have the money and need a way to rationalize it, over 10 shows it's $9 per show to have "help" carting your gear.
For a new consultant just starting, though, I would suggest more product before I got the case.

I have the PC dollars to use for it :)

Can you give me some kind of idea how big it is - how much it can hold?

Thanks!!!

Sounds like a cheap client being passed around bad lawyers.

Here is my take on it...and I earned mine during a consultant promotion, so I don't have any money into it...For me, it's mostly worthless. The thing is heavy, without adding any products into it - add in a stone or two and a piece of SA, and it's extremely hard to lift into my hatchback Vue. For those that live in the South, where there aren't the seasons of Mud, Rain, Snow, Slush, and more Mud....I can see that it might be beneficial, but for me, living in Michigan, it does no good at all, because the few times I used it, I ended up having to CARRY that heavy thing in and out of the hosts homes and to my SUV, because the slush, mud, and snow get caught in the wheels, make it hard to pull, and then, there is no way anyone wants you to bring that muddy, snowy, slushy mess into their house. And I won't even go into the time I had to haul it up to a 3rd floor apt, where there wasn't an elevator. :eek:It mostly just sits in my office with stuff stored in it and on top of it, and very occasionally I bring it out for a vendor event. (when weather permits)

ChefBeckyD said:
Here is my take on it...and I earned mine during a consultant promotion, so I don't have any money into it...

For me, it's mostly worthless. The thing is heavy, without adding any products into it - add in a stone or two and a piece of SA, and it's extremely hard to lift into my hatchback Vue.

For those that live in the South, where there aren't the seasons of Mud, Rain, Snow, Slush, and more Mud....I can see that it might be beneficial, but for me, living in Michigan, it does no good at all, because the few times I used it, I ended up having to CARRY that heavy thing in and out of the hosts homes and to my SUV, because the slush, mud, and snow get caught in the wheels, make it hard to pull, and then, there is no way anyone wants you to bring that muddy, snowy, slushy mess into their house.

And I won't even go into the time I had to haul it up to a 3rd floor apt, where there wasn't an elevator. :eek:

It mostly just sits in my office with stuff stored in it and on top of it, and very occasionally I bring it out for a vendor event. (when weather permits)

Thanks, Becky! This is totally what I was afraid of and am glad I asked. I am in NC, so the weather probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I think I'll save my PC $$$ and wait for my Carry Less, Sell More Jan promo bag to arrive!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sounds like a cheap client being passed around bad lawyers.

Bahahahaha!!! Nearly fell out of my chair :)

I agree with Becky. It's heavy so when you add product, it gets heavier. Then you have to lift it in and out of the card, usually up some steps in and out of the house, never mind an apartment.

It is GREAT for doing vendor events. I can pack a ton in there and just wheel it in and out of the venue, with another bag on top, my paperwork bag and tool turn-about (if using) on a shoulder and make it in one trip.

If you have the chance to get one from someone selling it for $40 or less, go for it. There are a lot better ways to spend $40 PC.

Becca_in_MD said:
I agree with Becky. It's heavy so when you add product, it gets heavier. Then you have to lift it in and out of the card, usually up some steps in and out of the house, never mind an apartment.

It is GREAT for doing vendor events. I can pack a ton in there and just wheel it in and out of the venue, with another bag on top, my paperwork bag and tool turn-about (if using) on a shoulder and make it in one trip.

If you have the chance to get one from someone selling it for $40 or less, go for it. There are a lot better ways to spend $40 PC.

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep my eyes open for someone selling!

I am too of the mind - KEEP YOUR PC DOLLARS! That thing, even for a guy, is a major pain in the butt, back, arms and legs! I found that even a few stairs is a chore with that thing. In fact, I got home from a show at one point and emptied mine and rolled out to the garbage! I could not do it any more.

I have a rolling cart from an office supply store. It doesnt have pockets, but i can still use it the same way, especially for booths, and it cost me 1/5the cost.

I have it and I also only use it for Vendor Events. As others have said, it's heavy! I live in the south, but in my area there are alot of houses with several steps to go up to get to the front door. It's heavy and akward to carry, especially up the stairs. Plus, many hosts would rather you not roll it across their carpet after it's been rolled outside.

I have a suitcase that rolls and works just fine. I already had it so I didn't have to spend a dime! :love:

I too live in MI and have issues with mud & snow.... Besides Expos & storage, I use mine as one LARGE suitcase for a family weekend getaway...

Just what everyone else said. Very heavy!! Couple of years ago, a thief did me a favor, broke into my car and stole it. Boy they must have been surprised at how heavy it was since it was packed. That lesson convinced me pretty much that no matter how tired I am, I should always unload when I get home after a show.

I absolutely LOVE mine! But I was using it in Okinawa, Japan where we never had to deal with snow or slush and in Tokyo where we did have a couple of instances of snow, but the sidewalks cleared pretty fast. Hubby just brought it to me here in TX when he flew out for a visit. Haven't used it here in TX yet, but I'm so happy to have it back!!!

Not to mention, if you live in a more rural area with unpaved drives the thing is practically useless on gravel.

I bought mine used. It had a broken handle that I was assured could be replaced/fixed. I can't find a replacement handle, HO doesn't sell replacement parts, and they won't tell me who makes them so I can contact them!

It's smaller than the older style rolling case which I like, but since the handle is broken, It's a pain to use.

I use mine for every show. It is heavy, but it holds so much in an organized fashion! I always say it's my workout for the day when I have a show.I've often tried not using it and just using the consultant bag, but always go back to it. A lot of times the husband of the house will help me with it. I always warn them it's heavy! If you do get it, be very careful with the handle. It breaks very easily. Use the side straps to pick it up. I've broken two of them. One PC replaced. The second I bought used. If you want to recruit I could see how it may scare some people away because it looks hard. Good luck with your decision.

The rolling case is heavy, but so is all the PC stuff anyway, no matter what you put it in.

Wow, I was surprised at all the negative votes this thing got! That being said, I've never had to roll it through mud, gravel, or slush. I can see how it would be a waste of money for those situations. It's also easy to get in & out of my car because mine's a 4-door and I just set it on the back seat.

As for getting it up stairs, any container I put my stuff in would have to be carried up. Husbands have helped me carry it in & out of houses, but I can carry it myself if there's no one around. I have never packed it so heavy that I can't lift it myself. I did read about somebody's handle getting broken before I got it, so I've always been careful to lift it by the side straps.

I got mine after I had multiple of the core products that I was taking to every show. I leave it packed up and just add things in for whatever recipe I'm doing at the show. It is so convenient in that respect.

Angela, to answer your question about size, it's 21" tall, 24" wide, 17" deep. Just had a look at the CC website - they really should put the dimensions of all the Show To Go items on the supply order fact sheet. :rolleyes:

Good info in these replies, seems it depends on everyone's climate, car size, and physical muscle state whether this case is useful or not.

ShellBeach said:
The rolling case is heavy, but so is all the PC stuff anyway, no matter what you put it in.

Good info in these replies, seems it depends on everyone's climate, car size, and physical muscle state whether this case is useful or not.

I agree... Products are heavy... and I think I might use it more if I leved somewhere else... I do use it more in the summer months around here. :blushing:

How does everyone that DOES use it, keep products from scratching or breaking during transport? I fear some will break and as much as I'm careful packing, (in any tote) stuff is scuffed up. ??

I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of dish towels and I wrap things up. I used to use the Pan Protectors but they kept disappearing! Dish towels at 2 or 4 for a buck, who cares?!

1. What are the health benefits of owning a pet?

Owning a pet has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety, lowering blood pressure, and improving heart health. Pets can also provide companionship and improve overall mental well-being.

2. How do pets benefit children?

Pets can have a positive impact on children by teaching them responsibility, empathy, and compassion. Studies have also shown that children who grow up with pets have a reduced risk of developing allergies and asthma.

3. Can pets help with loneliness and social isolation?

Yes, pets can provide much-needed companionship for people who live alone or struggle with social interactions. They can also help individuals form new connections and meet new people through activities such as dog walking or volunteering at animal shelters.

4. Are there financial benefits to owning a pet?

While owning a pet does come with expenses such as food and veterinary care, there are also potential financial benefits. For example, some insurance companies may offer discounts for pet owners, and pets can also provide cost-effective emotional support and therapy.

5. What are some lesser-known benefits of owning a pet?

In addition to the well-known benefits, owning a pet can also improve physical fitness through activities like walking or playing with them. Pets can also provide a sense of purpose and routine, which can be especially beneficial for individuals with mental health conditions. Additionally, pets can help reduce feelings of loneliness and depression in elderly individuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat