• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potato Perfection: Tips and Facts for the Ultimate Baked Potato and Soup Bar

they're not. Ann, would you share the recipe for that? You've got me interested. Is it equal parts?I clicked on files in the menu above and searched on potato and found lots of files with recipes and potato bar suggestions.Describe using the APCS to curly cue the potatoes, throw them in the Deep Covered Baker (Damn, we can't talk about that, can we?? UGH!) add onions, bacon bits, sour cream, shredded cheese. Yummiest potato dish ever!Try this website http://www.idahopotato.com/faq/index.php. Copy and paste to your web browser. There is tons of info about potatoes. Okay.
nikked
Gold Member
The Incredible, Edible...POTATO!Okay. I have a "Baked Potato and Soup Bar" show scheduled for Nov. 8, and I'm looking for tips, facts, etc., about potatoes! We're going to make the Turkey & Wildrice Soup, and maybe one other soup, but not sure yet.

Things like how to make the perfect baked potato, mashed potato, what are the different types, boil peeled or unpeeled, etc. I will be doing research on the web also, but you folks have such great information, I thought I would start here!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I do know that most of the nutrients are in or immediately below the skin, so they're more nutritious if you eat the skin.

mmm.... potatoes..... food of the gods..... (well, next to chocolate)

That reminds me! To make delicious chocolate-covered coconut balls (like Mounds bars), use mashed potatoes, coconut and powdered sugar. Roll into balls, chill to set, and dip in melted chocolate. You can't even taste that it's potato (unless you forget and use garlic mashed potatoes instead of plain).

chefann said:
I do know that most of the nutrients are in or immediately below the skin, so they're more nutritious if you eat the skin.

mmm.... potatoes..... food of the gods..... (well, next to chocolate)

That reminds me! To make delicious chocolate-covered coconut balls (like Mounds bars), use mashed potatoes, coconut and powdered sugar. Roll into balls, chill to set, and dip in melted chocolate. You can't even taste that it's potato (unless you forget and use garlic mashed potatoes instead of plain).
I did not know that...sounds yummy!!!

Ann, would you share the recipe for that? You've got me interested. Is it equal parts?

I clicked on files in the menu above and searched on potato and found lots of files with recipes and potato bar suggestions.

Describe using the APCS to curly cue the potatoes, throw them in the Deep Covered Baker (Damn, we can't talk about that, can we?? UGH!) add onions, bacon bits, sour cream, shredded cheese. Yummiest potato dish ever!

Try this website http://www.idahopotato.com/faq/index.php. Copy and paste to your web browser. There is tons of info about potatoes.

I love Idaho potatoes!

I used the APCS to make curly fries. I cut about 6 potatoes and stretched them lengthwise over the lg bar pan. I "hooked" the potatoes over the edge of the pan, spritz with olive oil and s&p, 400 degrees for 30 mins. I also cut the cores into coins and put them on the pan as well. My kids (who HATE all foods;) loved them. Good luck!

RossDeb2 said:
Ann, would you share the recipe for that? You've got me interested. Is it equal parts?

I don't have the recipe here at work. But I know it's in my Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook. If I remember, I'll post it tonight.

Alrighty, here's the recipe for the coconut balls.Chocolate-Coconut Candies
1 cup warm or cold mashed potatoes
1 pound powdered sugar (4 cups)
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 pound flaked coconut (about 4 cups)
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
2 tablespoons shorteningMix potatoes, powdered sugar andalmond extract in large bowl. Stir in coconut. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper; shape into balls. (If mixture is too soft to shape, refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes or until firm.)Heat chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Dip 1 ball at a time into chocolate, using forks or tongs, until coated; place on waxed paper. (Keep chocolate over low heat while dipping balls.) Refrigerate balls about 1 hour or until form.Makes about 4 dozen candies.Coconut bars: press coconut mixture in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Spread with melted chocolate. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes or until firm. Cut into 2x1 inch bars. About 4 dozen bars.---
If you have them in the house, you can use chocolate melting discs in place of the chips and shortening.I have made these, and they're really good. Instant mashed potatoes will work, but I can taste the "fake." And don't use mashed spuds with the skins in them (duh!). hmmm... maybe I'll have to make a batch for the holidays this year.And now I just keep thinking of the SNL episode with the "Schweaty Balls." :D

chefann said:
And now I just keep thinking of the SNL episode with the "Schweaty Balls." :D

So funny! My DH and I LOVE that skit! :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the recipe. These sound great!

Oh my goodness, you girls are too funny!! I am anxious to see how these taste. Is there a way that you could use the microwave instead of the stovetop for heating the chocolate?

Microwave chocolate in the small micro cooker or batter bowl on medium, stirring every 10-15 seconds. It may take a minute or so to melt it. Stirring is essential, though, because chips will keep their shape even when they're melted - until you stir them. So if you're just going on looks, they'll burn. Bleah.

Booklet for showsI can never do these things simply...

So I made a "booklet" with potato facts, tips, recipes, etc., to give out at my "potato" shows.

Feel free to use it as you please. I do not have the capability to save as a PDF file, so if someone who can is willing, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you happen to find any typos, please let me know so I can correct it for the "second printing".

Thanks!

Attachments

• The Incredible, Edible Potato.pub
    219 KB · Views: 360
Here they are. I was unable to get a few of the graphics to copy over. Thanks for the great file.

I fixed a typo in the sweet potato fries recipe from sale to salt. 11/05/2006

Attachments

• The Incredible, Edible Potato B.doc
    107 KB · Views: 416
  • The Incredible, Edible Potato B.pdf
    339.9 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
WOW!! Talk about aloot of research. You did a fabulous job!!

Thanks!Thanks...I had a blast putting it together.

My guests at tonights show did find one error...In the Sweet Potato Fries recipe, it calls for "sale" instead of "salt", so if you are wanting to use the file, you'll want to fix that!

Enjoy!

NOTE: Typo is fixed on all versions. Thanks Tasha!!!!

Last edited:
tlennhoff said:
Here they are. I was unable to get a few of the graphics to copy over. Thanks for the great file.

I fixed a typo in the sweet potato fries recipe from sale to salt. 11/05/2006

Tasha...

Thanks so much! I just got a chance to look at your "conversions"...what a great job! I also appreciate you fixing the error...

It was too funny...at last night's show, they asked me "What is 'sal-e' (like "sal-eh") and where to find it! I had to tell them it was a typo...and then they thought it was supposed to be 'sage'...YIKES!

Thanks again!

nikked said:
Tasha...

Thanks so much! I just got a chance to look at your "conversions"...what a great job! I also appreciate you fixing the error...

It was too funny...at last night's show, they asked me "What is 'sal-e' (like "sal-eh") and where to find it! I had to tell them it was a typo...and then they thought it was supposed to be 'sage'...YIKES!

Thanks again!

This should be used as a lesson that I should make sure I read everything before I do the conversions of files. Sage rather than salt would be interesting and probably a bit too strong on the sage.

It's hard to believe it's been 5.5 years since I made this, but this was a hugely popular theme show for me, and in light of the Potato Toppers show going around, thought I woud resurrect it!

I'll probably be making some changes to update it a bit, but here it is for anyone who would like to use it... please just remember who created it! And thanks to tlennhoff for converting it...

This was quite a project - thank you for sharing!

What are the benefits of using "theAmazing Potato!"?

"theAmazing Potato!" is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of tasks such as mashing, mixing, and slicing potatoes. It also helps to save time and effort in the kitchen.

Is "theAmazing Potato!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "theAmazing Potato!" is made with high-quality materials that are safe to be washed in the dishwasher. However, we recommend hand washing for optimal longevity.

How do I use "theAmazing Potato!" to make mashed potatoes?

To make perfect mashed potatoes with "theAmazing Potato!", simply peel and boil your potatoes, then use the masher attachment to mash them to your desired consistency. You can also add in other ingredients like butter, milk, and seasoning while mashing.

Can "theAmazing Potato!" be used for other types of vegetables?

Yes, "theAmazing Potato!" can be used for mashing and slicing a variety of vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and even avocados. It's a versatile tool that can make meal prep easier and more efficient.

Does "theAmazing Potato!" come with a warranty?

Yes, we stand by the quality of our products and offer a limited lifetime warranty for "theAmazing Potato!". If you encounter any issues, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinforyou
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns