• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Your Thanksgiving Weekend Proved to Be Successful for Booking Shows?

Kathy:So far, Friday cancelled Wednesday afternoon. Only 2 guests could show up, etc. Now for Sat, the hostess says she is sorry that I will be disappointed at the turnout. Honestly, any chance to get out and do a show is good practice for me, but I was hoping these two shows would put me at level 2. My question to the more experienced consultants here is. "what has been your experience with scheduling shows this weekend?" I am thinking that next year I might steer people away from this weekend, but want to see what you all think about it.
PamperChefCarol
Being new to the business, started in March, or was it April... anyway new, I didn't know what to expect with this weekend and shows. I had one scheduled for Fri and one on Sat afternoon.

So far, Friday cancelled Wednesday afternoon. Only 2 guests could show up, etc. Now for Sat, the hostess says she is sorry that I will be disappointed at the turnout. Honestly, any chance to get out and do a show is good practice for me, but I was hoping these two shows would put me at level 2.

My question to the more experienced consultants here is. "what has been your experience with scheduling shows this weekend?" I am thinking that next year I might steer people away from this weekend, but want to see what you all think about it.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great.

I had a show last year on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (booked 2 weeks earlier) & it was over $500. I think it's kind of a hit or miss--if the host doesn't call to remind, then it probably wouldn't go too well.

I think it's kind of a hit or miss!! I did have a show tonight but my host cancelled on me.:(

I steer clear of....the weekend after Thanksgiving, and the first week of January. That has worked for me personally. It seems people are off from work or doing holiday stuff and it takes them a while to get back to business as usual.
But it all depends on the hosts you encounter.
Some might think it would be a good time to get together and unwind but I personally think it's the time when people are all about shopping and spending money so I want to wait until next payday and when they have settled down a little.
After Christmas and New Year's my hosts have needed about a week to get back into the swing of things, including school, and work! After spending money at stores at 5 am and running around trying to gather up items that are on special, they can relax at my shows and order without stress for everyone on their list.
I love to bring a stocking and show how some products fit perfectly and how they can fill a stocking for $5, $10, etc. Any price range for a number of people.
Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I love to bring a stocking and show how some products fit perfectly and how they can fill a stocking for $5, $10, etc. Any price range for a number of people.

This is such a great idea!! Do you add candy in it too? Or do you just fill it with PC stuff? What kinds of things do you show to fill it? I would like to do this with my show on Dec 2nd - I want to plug Christmas stuff of course, and this is such a great idea. Thanks for thinking of it!

Christmas stockings...
pchefinski said:
This is such a great idea!! Do you add candy in it too? Or do you just fill it with PC stuff? What kinds of things do you show to fill it? I would like to do this with my show on Dec 2nd - I want to plug Christmas stuff of course, and this is such a great idea. Thanks for thinking of it!

are the perfect visuals for guests. I do not use candy but I get a regular size stocking, not a giant one and not a small one, I have filled it with the classic scraper, a scoop, can opener, kitchen shears, bamboo spoons, whisks, seasonings, SB, Knives, chef's tools, cook's corer, spatulas, etc...
I just mix and match and fill it right in front ot them. I may even say something like...
For a great pizza person try giving the pizza cutter and a spatula. Then I stick them in there.
For a person who loves to bake cookies or muffins, try giving our scoops because they make filling even portions of muffin batter or even cookie dough onto one of our stones. Then I stick the scoops in the stocking.
For a serious chef who likes to have all four burners going, like myself, our scrapers are heat resisitant to .... and our new chef's tools match our fabulous cookware. No more warped, stained, and melted kitchen tools.

Today!!I have one today at 2:00 est...It is supposed to be 13 people, so I will let you know if Thanksgiving weekend was a hit for me!!!

Good Luck Kathy! I personally steer clear of Thanksgiving weekend. I even had a show cancel on me last week b/c people were going out of town ALREADY! I talked her into a catalog show b/c I really need it for my San Fran trip so we'll see if she does it.:)

I did not really want the show to be today...it was supposed to be last Saturday, but my son's football team was in the Little League Super Bowl...So I rescheduled!!!

DebbieSAChef said:
are the perfect visuals for guests. I do not use candy but I get a regular size stocking, not a giant one and not a small one, I have filled it with the classic scraper, a scoop, can opener, kitchen shears, bamboo spoons, whisks, seasonings, SB, Knives, chef's tools, cook's corer, spatulas, etc...
I just mix and match and fill it right in front ot them. I may even say something like...
For a great pizza person try giving the pizza cutter and a spatula. Then I stick them in there.
For a person who loves to bake cookies or muffins, try giving our scoops because they make filling even portions of muffin batter or even cookie dough onto one of our stones. Then I stick the scoops in the stocking.
For a serious chef who likes to have all four burners going, like myself, our scrapers are heat resisitant to .... and our new chef's tools match our fabulous cookware. No more warped, stained, and melted kitchen tools.

Wow Debbie, it sounds like you have quite the collection of PC items at your fingertips.. I only have the super starter kit....

I have one tomorrow.
klsnyder said:
I have one today at 2:00 est...It is supposed to be 13 people, so I will let you know if Thanksgiving weekend was a hit for me!!!

I have a show tomorrow afternoon, 4pm at the hosts and guests request, it was a two time re schedule. She's expecting about 15-20 people... I'll let you know how it goes. Just wondering how i'm going to get by with only 10 lapboards, though. Hopefully she'll have a nice big table though for those without lapboards.

Update on my Sat show...

There were two guests and the host. I think she might have $150, but it will be close. She was very apologetic, and basically the 4 of us sat around and chit chatted. Very low key. Would have been better if we had wine!!

The hostess is going to try and get a couple more orders, but I am not holding out a lot of hope. At least she is going to do another one in Jan.. she wants 2 pieces of cookware!!

Next year, I will steer my hostesses away from this weekend. It's all a learning experience for me.

Update----
My show today is almost at $700...She has 4 more outside orders to get, so Thanksgiving weekend has been good to me!!

Good for you!
klsnyder said:
Update----
My show today is almost at $700...She has 4 more outside orders to get, so Thanksgiving weekend has been good to me!!

Well i wish my thanksgiving show went that well, I FINALLY get hold of the host, I've been emailing and calling all week and manage to catch her today, where upon she proceeds to tell me that she's not able to host today she has some family issues going on and can we rescedule again!!! She's resceduled three times already, and reshedules again 2 hours before I'm due to leave to DO her show. I know it's not her fault so I'm sooo discouraged now this was my only show this month, I'm chasing up my open catalog shows but I haven'g gotten any replies from them yet. I'm starting to stress now. How am i going to get my minimum of $200 in 5 days, what will happen if I don't, :( This show was looking like it was going to be really high and now NOTHING :( Oh well.

Off to pull a miracle out of the hat. wish me luck,

Hi Angela!

I am so sorry that happened to you! Please never schedule with that host again. To continuously reschedule and not contact you until you are close to leaving is just not acceptable. You are a business women who deserves respect for what you do.

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
Hi Angela!

I am so sorry that happened to you! Please never schedule with that host again. To continuously reschedule and not contact you until you are close to leaving is just not acceptable. You are a business women who deserves respect for what you do.

Lisa

I agree. I wouldn't let her do anything more than a catalog show (& I wouldn't hold my breath for that!).

Did you submit $200 last month? If so, you'll be ok as long as you submit $200 by Dec 31. Have you considered an open house for December to try to drum up some sales & bookings?

At least she called you and cancelled. I had a party scheduled for Saturday and she didn't even bother showing up. The party was scheduled at 12:00 and I waited until 1:00 to leave. :( At least I made it to $1250 for the month.

Last year I had 1 show for Black friday and 2 people showed of 6 who RSVP'd- sales were only $200 or so BUT I did get 1 booking from it. If any future host asks about that weekend, I would say it may be worth a shot but chances are it may be a low turn out!

PamperChefCarol said:
Being new to the business, started in March, or was it April... anyway new, I didn't know what to expect with this weekend and shows. I had one scheduled for Fri and one on Sat afternoon.

So far, Friday cancelled Wednesday afternoon. Only 2 guests could show up, etc. Now for Sat, the hostess says she is sorry that I will be disappointed at the turnout. Honestly, any chance to get out and do a show is good practice for me, but I was hoping these two shows would put me at level 2.

My question to the more experienced consultants here is. "what has been your experience with scheduling shows this weekend?" I am thinking that next year I might steer people away from this weekend, but want to see what you all think about it.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great.

Personally *I* don't want to work this weekend (except on the phone for an hour... maybe a little host packet work). I would much rather book as many catalog/web shows as I can (and i push these during my shows from summer on, anyone that is hesitant to book a real show)... and close them this coming week. I had about 9 catalog shows as a result... several closing next week. This weekend is a snuggly week for my family. I also like to show that I take off as much time as I want this time of year (and I do). Got 3 potential recruits last week... I think they liked my holiday schedule. :) I have more catalog/web & cooking classes scheduled for December than time away from home. :)

Sorry your weekend didn't work out for you. Be sure to give your host ideas for contacting people, and offering the OPPORTUNITY to shop early and without heading for the mall. Sometimes they just need reminding that they aren't offending people by asking. Good luck!

nobody showed at my show after i climbed three flights of stairs. i made the recipe and left with 33 dollars in orders. oh well u win and lose. these r the ones that make you appreciate the big ones. i would not have wanted to come to her house either...very small and dirty!!!

When I started in September, I planned out the days I wanted to have shows until the end of the year, and I decided I would not be doing any this weekend (other than my Black Friday sale, which I did in my pajamas!). Too important for my husband and me to enjoy a long weekend before the mad holiday stress starts up.I'm so glad I didn't, because we had a wonderful time together.

I did have a show on the Sunday after Thanksgiving last year & it was a pretty good show. But this year I didn't have any shows (just closed one tonight). I liked NOT having one MUCH better! It was very relaxing to spend the weekend with my family. I did all of my shows the first three weeks of the month & have over $3500 in sales for November!

I did a show today that had 17 guests and is currently just over $700. A few of the ladies said that they were going to take the catalog to show their daughters (it was in a 55+ yr old "active adult" community). I nearly fell over when one of the very sweet older ladies marked on her door prize slip that she's interested in looking at the opportunity! She scooted out of there before I had a chance to talk to her, so I'm going to call her tomorrow and mail her a packet. She's also the only one who marked that she might be interested in hosting a show, but a few of the ladies were going to speak to their daughters and granddaughters about hosting.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I agree. I wouldn't let her do anything more than a catalog show (& I wouldn't hold my breath for that!).

Did you submit $200 last month? If so, you'll be ok as long as you submit $200 by Dec 31. Have you considered an open house for December to try to drum up some sales & bookings?

No i didn't, I went on leave, for a couple of months because my house got flooded and I had to get it fixed up, it's still not right not but I came back in october as a past host was rehosting.. well she cancelled because no one wanted to come since they were all on baby watch, one of their girlfriends was due to have a baby and so nobody wanted to come. Apparantly they all wanted to sit home and wait for the "i had the baby" phonecall. Why do I have to suffer though. So the show I was having thanksgiving was going to be the show to make up for that, now I'm not going to have that as a back up for my $200.

I want to have an open house but not sure how to go about it I can't have it here, since my house still looks like a construction site. and I have no extra cash to pay for somewhere, What do I do? I started out so well but have had nothing but disappointments and cancellations, I'm actually surprised I made it this long.

Angela,You might want to throw a "I'm still reconstructing my house but I need a break" open house. Get people in a fun mood and play something like "spot the new construction" or somthing silly like that.On another note, I had a Body Shop at Home party on Saturday. NO ONE ever comes to my house for parties, so I had a cohost. I actually had 4 people show...more than even my open houses! I attribute it to the evites and Post Calls reminder calls. If anyone needs something from Body Shop, let me know. We are closing on Wednesday!

I have a consultant friend that stuffs her first two weeks of November full and then takes the last two weeks of November off to be with her family. She does the same thing with December. I'll let you know later how it worked out for her! lol

Update on the bad luck...:D . So the show I was having thanksgiving was going to be the show to make up for that, now I'm not going to have that as a back up for my $200. [/QUOTE]

well after some really nasty bad luck, it seem like things are turning around for me, you might remember that my host thanksgiving weekend postponed for the third time.. Anyway, suddenly I have a catalog show that wanted to close, I have 5 individual orders, so i'm putting them all together and i have $370 to close out the month. Something finally going right for me, :D

1. What is a Thanksgiving Weekend Show?

A Thanksgiving Weekend Show is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. It is a great opportunity to gather with friends and family and learn about our amazing products while preparing for the upcoming holiday season.

2. How can I host a Thanksgiving Weekend Show?

If you are interested in hosting a Thanksgiving Weekend Show, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will help you plan and organize the event, and you will earn amazing rewards for hosting.

3. What are the benefits of attending a Thanksgiving Weekend Show?

Attending a Thanksgiving Weekend Show is a fun and informative experience. You will learn about our high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets, get great holiday cooking tips, and have the opportunity to purchase our products at a discounted price. Plus, you may even win some free products through our raffles and giveaways!

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at a Thanksgiving Weekend Show?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products at a Thanksgiving Weekend Show. Our consultants will have a variety of products available for purchase, and they will also provide information on how to order products online or through a catalog.

5. Are there any exclusive deals or promotions during Thanksgiving Weekend Shows?

Yes, there are often exclusive deals and promotions during Thanksgiving Weekend Shows. Our consultants may offer discounts, bundle deals, or free products with a purchase. Make sure to attend or host a show to take advantage of these special offers!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
TammyStar
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • soccermama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies