• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Honoring Paige: Celebrating 2 Years of Faithfulness & Reflection

In summary, Janet and the others in the conversation express their gratitude for the daily updates on Paige's disappearance, which has now been two years. They also discuss the importance of keeping Paige and her family in their thoughts and prayers, as well as the impact of the daily history lessons. Janet's friend, who disappeared 19 years ago, has also been found, bringing some closure but still no answers to who did it. The conversation ends with Carol asking for clarification on the timing of when Paige's remains were found.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
...for your faithfulness to keeping up the daily thread for Paige. I can't believe we are going on 2 years already. Of course, I can't believe a friend of mine has been gone for 19 in June! I'm just thankful we had closure on finding her although still no closure on who did it. Paige's family needs some closure. Although I don't hit the daily thread daily anymore, I read it when I can and am ALWAYS intrigued by the history lessons of the day. With the abundance of media nowadays, I am amazed how focused people are with their own worlds and forgot about the past, and more importantly about others.

My SIL wrote on her Facebook page recently...if everyone looked out for those around them rather than themselves, everyone would have the whole world looking out for them rather than one.

Such a simple concept, but in our human nature, we are so far from it!

Thanks for keeping a piece of that alive...

...and thanks Greg for keeping the ribbon there still...

I've expressed my gratitude privately, but I want to add to Janet's public recognition. KG, you've managed to keep Paige in the forefront of our thoughts while entertaining and educating us each day. Thank you.Greg, it means a lot that you've allowed this to continue. Thank you.

KG you rock! Ditto what everyone else said!

ditto for me too! It actually sems like longer than 2 years to me :( Everytime I think of Paige, my heart just aches for her children and parents.

Well said, everyone. KG, you are amazing with keeping Paige with us here on CS. Thank you so much. Thank you is not said enough, but I know it is thought a million times over by each one of us.

I'm new, obviously. = ) It was your threads that initially showed me that CS is a site where consultants come together and help one another....it was one of the reasons I felt compelled to join, seeing a nice change where people seemed concerned and willing to help one another.

When I first read the thread about Paige, saw that it was updated daily....THEN saw how long it has been, I was touched. It is humbling to see someone dedicate their time for the benefit of another.

I also thank you for your humor, and for the interesting topics you bring to the site. So, thank you for sharing so generously.

Janet, I thank you too for taking the time to recognize KG's many contributions!

Many thanks from a "noob". = )

Thank you, all of you, or your kind words although I don't think I'm doing anything out of the ordinary as far as what one friend would do for another. Remember, she's one of us. I have to admit, for the first six months or so after Paige disappeared, the daily updates were a lot of work because there was a lot happening. At the time, I was working third shift in a position that had a lot of down time that allowed me to search for news. As time went on and the activity dropped to nill, I started the history blurbs because A) I like to know what went before and B) I wanted to come up with something interesting for all of you to read besides..."nothing new." Of course, the history blurbs have taken on a life of their own and we're coming up on one year of those.Twenty three months now that Paige disappeared from our lives...no word...I wish I could move to GJ and help in the search. Thanks to all of you for lighting candles and for keeping Paige and her family in your prayers.

KG we would be praying for her if it wasn't for you and the updates. I'm very guilty of 'out of sight, out of mind' but when I read and enjoy your updates it helps me remember to pray.

Thank you!

Thanks from me too, KG.

Sometimes it's just a reminder, and other days, it seems to be almost like a gut punch. My heart aches for her kids, and the rest of her family. The not knowing - I cannot even imagine.

So, yes, thanks for the reminder to keep Paige, and her family, in our thoughts and prayers.

janetupnorth said:
.. I'm just thankful we had closure on finding her although still no closure on who did it.

Ok, I've been out of the loop for awhile, I just spent 45minutes trying to find information on here. When were her remains found? Can someone like me to the post?
Or am I just really confused and missunderstanding what Janet wrote??

thanks,

Carol

Janet was referring to HER friend that disappeared 19 years ago. Her friend's remains were found but no one has ever been charged.

ok, thanks for clarifing.

sorry

Thanks KG, I appreciate what you do and love reading the history for the day!

Thank you KG. I hate that we're coming up on another anniversary.:(

If you ever head to GJ, email me and I'll meet you there.

I don't think I need to say anything except that I agree with everything you all have said above, and to add my thanks.

I was also extremely touched by reading the Paige threads, and getting a glimpse through that of the wonderful people on this board.

And I also love the daily history lessons!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Janet was referring to HER friend that disappeared 19 years ago. Her friend's remains were found but no one has ever been charged.

Thanks for clarifying that KG, yes my friend Beri disappeared in June, 1990, remains found in August, 1990. She had been strangled and to this day no one has been officially charged. It was a summer of many, many tears and searching and through all that I can only slightly imagine what Paige's family is going through. I will tell you that you will NEVER want to experience it in your life.

Thanks KG! And Janet too! The tenderness of this tribute and reminder always touches me. I pray that each one of us can bless someone with this kind of loyalty, then the quote that Janet posted would really be reality.

I had to bump this. I was just thinking of Paige the other day... just before she disappeared she had a Tupperware party and I remember ordering stuff. Funny, the random things that come into your mind. I can't believe it has been this long.

We've had a cold case solved here recently and a trial underway to close another cold case. There's a thread here about the recent case, 29 years old, that was solved with DNA identification. The man is also a suspect in a cold murder case in Ohio.A woman's body was found at the bottom of Geneva Lake, in southern Wisconsin, near the Illinois border in 2003. The body was weighted down and her husband, long a person of interest, was been arrested for her murder and his trial is now underway. Dawn Brossard disappeared in 1997. In 2003, a diver, looking for a shipwreck, found her body in 117 feet of water. Ironically, the diver is also a deputy in the Walworth County Sheriff's Department. Deputy Friend testified that the bottom of Geneva Lake looks like moonscape with no rocks and no vegetation. He was following an anchor line and using a long rope tied to the anchor line, he was following a large circle at the bottom of the lake, attempting to locate the wreck he was searching for.He was unable to find the wreck, but he did find a ball cap and some plastic, then saw what he thought, at first, was a waterlogged tree branch. It turned out to be Dawn Brossard's body. At first, he was startled but then his training kicked in.He surfaced and notified authorities. Later, he was part of the dive team that retrieved her body.David Brossard was charged with the murder last year and the trial is just now underway. Both cases give me hope that someone, sometime, is going to discover Paige while looking for something else.

1. What is "Honoring Paige" and why is it being celebrated?

"Honoring Paige" is a special event to celebrate the 2-year anniversary of our beloved Pampered Chef consultant, Paige. This event is a time to reflect on Paige's faithfulness and dedication to the company, as well as celebrate her achievements and contributions.

2. When and where will the "Honoring Paige" event take place?

The event will take place on Saturday, June 15th at the Pampered Chef headquarters in Addison, IL. The exact location and time will be provided to registered attendees closer to the event date.

3. Can anyone attend the "Honoring Paige" event?

Unfortunately, this event is by invitation only and is exclusively for Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. However, we will be live streaming the event on our website for those who are unable to attend in person.

4. How can I RSVP for the "Honoring Paige" event?

If you have received an invitation, please RSVP by the specified deadline using the link provided in the invitation. If you have not received an invitation but would like to attend, please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

5. Will there be any special promotions or sales during the "Honoring Paige" event?

Yes, there will be exclusive sales and promotions available during the event for attendees only. Additionally, all attendees will receive a special gift as a token of our appreciation for their support and dedication to Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • Teresa Lynn