• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Opportunities: The Power of Prompt Communication

the show!I would just like to thank all of those consultants in my area who don't return calls and/or emails. You see, just last night I got my third customer in the past year who said some version of, "Thank you for getting back with me. I called and emailed two other consultants, but they never got back with me." This new customer has an aunt who wants to throw a PC Wedding Shower.
raebates
Staff member
I would just like to thank all of those consultants in my area who don't return calls and/or emails. You see, just last night I got my third customer in the past year who said some version of, "Thank you for getting back with me. I called and emailed two other consultants, but they never got back with me." This new customer has an aunt who wants to throw a PC Wedding Shower.

I am shocked at the number of people who have said that their attempts to contact a consultant go unheeded. Really? Even if you're not available on the date a person is asking about. Even if you don't know the answer to a question right away. Call them back.

If I go back two years I can count over $1000 in business that I've done as a result of other consultants passing up business. Hey, I appreciate the business (that's the sales I made, shows I did, and booking from those shows). But, I really don't understand the other consultants. Don't be like them. Return those calls.

I agree Rae! Last August, I got a call from a young lady who had booked an Aug. Bridal shower with a consultant in the previous March. It was now 2 weeks before the party, and they needed to get invitations out, but hadn't heard from the consultant, despite repeated phone calls and emails. I ordered invitations, got them sent out, got the brides wish list, and went and did the party. (after first trying to find the consultant and contact her myself.)

Since that time about a year ago, that group of people has had 6 more parties between them, and also some great outlet/online orders. I have 2 more shows scheduled with them for the Fall, but will probably only be doing one of those, since the original host booked a party, and is going to sign at her show.

So, yeah - Thanks for the Business!

I had a friend call me from a show where the consultant did not show up! All the guests were waiting, so I packed up and went over. Got 4 bookings and a $700 show!

Wow! I did have something on the other side happen before. I was at work when I got a call from a number I didn't know. Since I was at work I didn't answer it and let it go to voicemail. When I got home about 5 hours later I listen and it was a call from someone I didn't know wanting to have a show. I called her right back and she told me that she waiting long enough for me to return her call so she found someone else! 5 hours!!

wadesgirl said:
Wow! I did have something on the other side happen before. I was at work when I got a call from a number I didn't know. Since I was at work I didn't answer it and let it go to voicemail. When I got home about 5 hours later I listen and it was a call from someone I didn't know wanting to have a show. I called her right back and she told me that she waiting long enough for me to return her call so she found someone else! 5 hours!!

If she was THAT impatient, you didn't want to work with her anyway! Can you imagine? She calls someone during the day, not knowing circumstances. At least give someone 24 hrs!

But as far as the others...wow. I may not be great about customer care follow-up...(NEED TO WORK ON!!), but if someone was CALLING ME, you darn skippy bet I'd follow up! That's bizarre.

I had someone come to me for business because her sister didn't follow through for her .. she needed an order placed for a wedding gift. That seemed odd to me.

I just got my first recruit, because of another consultants lack of help. This recruit went to the PC website and wanted info about joining. HO hooked the recruit up with a consultant. The consultant was not very helpful and gave the recruit a website address to visit and that was it!! A week later the interested recruit found me on Facebook and the rest is history. I sure wish that I could thank that consultant for not being helpful!!!

Been there myself! I had someone call me & say that she just fired the consultant who was supposed to do her show the next night & wanted to know if I could come do _____ recipe that they had already bought the ingredients to do. I walked in the door 24 hours later for a $680 party. Lower than my normal, but I didn't do any of the host coaching either. After the party, the neighbor admitted that she was the one who called & pretended to be the host because the host was to shy to fire the other girl & hire someone new. LOL Have to admit, I was a bit worried about having my van with my PC info on the back window parked on her curb for the show. They didn't elaborate on what all went on, so I was wondering if the other consultant would show up to see who came in her place. No flat tires or busted windows ... so I guess that's goo! ;)

My neighbor referrs people to me! I did a party for him two years ago (and am working on him for another one, plus he'd be a good consultant). Last fall he came to me with a sheepish look on his face to let me know that his cousin's wife was becoming a consultant and he was going to have a party with her. I told him that was OK (though I was bummed because he gets the sales) and if on the day of the show she forgot or needed anything, send her over, I'd help her out.

A couple of his co-workers indicated they wanted to have parties. She never followed up with them! Now, when someone asks him for his cousin's info, he sends them to me :) He tells them that I am more reliable and will take care of them.

What a shame (for those unreliable consultants). They are also probably the ones that can't seem to get any shows on their calendar, and they wonder why?!

1. What does "Thanks for the Business" mean?

"Thanks for the Business" is a phrase used to express gratitude towards a customer or client for their support and patronage. It is a way of acknowledging the value of their business and showing appreciation for their decision to choose your company.

2. When should I say "Thanks for the Business"?

You can say "Thanks for the Business" at any time, but it is most commonly used after completing a transaction or providing a service to a customer. It can also be used during special occasions such as holidays, anniversaries, or customer appreciation events.

3. Is it important to say "Thanks for the Business"?

Yes, saying "Thanks for the Business" is important as it helps to build and maintain a positive relationship with your customers. It shows that you value their business and are grateful for their support, which can lead to customer loyalty and repeat business.

4. How can I show my appreciation besides saying "Thanks for the Business"?

There are various ways to show your appreciation besides saying "Thanks for the Business". You can send a personalized thank you note, offer a discount or special promotion, or provide exceptional customer service. Small gestures can go a long way in making your customers feel valued and appreciated.

5. Can I use "Thanks for the Business" in a professional setting?

Yes, "Thanks for the Business" is appropriate to use in a professional setting. It is a polite and professional way to express gratitude towards your clients or customers for their business. However, make sure to use it sincerely and appropriately in order to maintain a professional image.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Akamsthang
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • heather223
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heather223
  • Kelly8