1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Thanks for the add

1. Hello Everyone.
    I just signed up at the end of April 2015. I closed my first party yesterday. Im excited to be part of the Pampered Chef Team! Im from Southeastern Indiana!

May 5, 2015
    ShellBeach and Jasmine like this.
  2. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

Welcome to CS! Tell us a little more about your party - what did you make? Where was it?

Mine was at home, with just a small group of about 6 friends. I was sooooo nervous. (needlessly)

I remember I couldn't figure out how the measure-all worked, so friend showed me.

3 recipes - app, main, and dessert, and it was way too much for the first 7-8 shows I did. After that I cut down to one recipe per show.

May 6, 2015
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

And, we're happy to have you here. Welcome.

May 6, 2015
  4. Thank you ladies!
    We had it at my sisters house. There were 6 guests. I had 350 in commission-able sales. Not as great as I was hoping my first party would go but Im happy with it! We made the cheesy chicken broccoli squares (from the season's best recipe book) on my sisters new pizza stone that she had ordered from a party I had hosted right before I signed up. It turned out great! I had one booking for June from her party. Im a little nervous that getting people to have parties will be my downfall. Im not a real pushy person and dont want to come across as being pushy. Any tips or suggestions are welcomed!! :)

May 7, 2015
    Jasmine likes this.
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

It's good you're not pushy. Pushy is bad. Don't think of it as "getting people to have parties." Think of it as offering to help people get PC products free. After all, you don't think it's pushy when a server asks you'd like ketchup or offers the dessert choices. Here's basically what I say:

Are you ready to host your own party?

If their answer is no: That's fine. I make sure I ask everyone. I'm afraid someone will think I didn't ask because I don't like them or don't think they'd be a good host.

May 7, 2015
Have something to add?