• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Thank You Notes to All Your Customers: A Must or Too Much?

In summary, Ann sends handwritten thank you notes to her hosts the day after their parties and also sends thank you cards to all her guests.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
Do you send thank you notes to all your customers? or just the host? That seems like a lot of notes.:eek:

I send to all my hosts (the one from PP on PC stationary) & to any guest spending $75 or more or anyone who booked a show.

On Cooking Shows I let everyone sign the Season's Best like a yearbook and give it to the host as a gift. Most seem to really like that so far!

Oh, and I write "thank you" notes on their receipts before I give them to the host to put with the orders. (The printed ones from P3).

I got Thank You for your Order stickers from business enhancements and will use those and then send a thank you note to anyone that either ordered alot, or I had a connection with, or someone I wanted to talk to who I didn't get a chance to speak with. I also use the host letter printed on letterhead for my host, that I mail with copies of the receipts.

I send a handwritten thank you note to my hostess the day immediately after her party. I send her the thank you letter from PP/P3 after we've closed her show.

I have a generic thank you for customers that outlines how much the host got for free and how much I made as a consultant that night. I send those to the host to include with every order. I also send a thank you email when I close the show so everyone knows it is on its way.

I send a hand written note to the host the day after her show. I call and/or email my guests the morning after, and then I'll write a note on the receipts. Anyone who places a large order or books a shows gets something in the mail. Once the host's show has shipped, I send the generic thank you from PPP along with my card. On the back of my card it says,
"Thank You for allowing me to pamper you! Your PHD is (# here); take an additional 10% off all purchases with me!" And the expiration date is listed as well.

I send a note to all hosts and to all yes answers and maybe answers on door prize slips. If they checked no or didn't check anything, I write a note on the receipt.

I use the host thank you from P3, and I staple a small note to all the other receipts. It's been posted on here before, but this is the text:
Thank you for your order!
Thanks in part to you <host> received <value> in products for only <cost>! Some of the great items she picked out are:
<item1> (usually something big)
<item2> (usually something popular)
<item3> (usually something small, fun and really useful)
I'd love to do a show for you and help you earn free products, too.​

I print these out 6 to a page, cut them apart and then sign them by hand. I staple them to the upper right corner of the receipt, so the host can still see the guest names, but the note is on TOP of the receipt. And I use BRIGHT colored paper for them.
Additionally, I stamp each receipt with Thank You and Keep This Receipt Under Your Silverware Tray (both from Nancy's Artworks). If it's HWC month and they ordered HWC items, I put a "Because of you, there is hope" sticker from Sticking to Business on the receipt, too.

Ann that is a great idea.

Ann, do you staple it to the order form, a pampered partner reciept or to the slip that goes in their bag that states their products?
thanks

I print P3 receipts for every order, because they're easier for the host and guests to read. I staple the notes to those.

i printed up postcards from vistaprint(100 for free of course) and i send them to each guest, the hosts i send a hand written note.
i attached the postcard if you're interested.

Attachments

• thanksfront.jpg
    thanksfront.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 7,674
  • thanksback.jpg
    thanksback.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 605
i wanted to do that too ann, i was thinking of using my mypoints to get a portable printer to bring to shows. do you mail these to each guest or give them to the host? thanks, sorry so many questions

I mail them to the host with the P3 thank you letter. I send them right after I submit the show.

I've had issues with hosts losing receipts when I leave them with them the night of the show. And back before we had the write-in receipts, I had several shows on which the hosts missed items on guest receipts. So now I make it easy for them, and print P3 receipts, highlight any multiples (like if someone orders 2 sets of placemats), stamp them, staple on the thank you, and pop them into a 9x12 envelope with the host thank you.

that's a great idea. thank you so much, i'm definitely going to be borrowing that one. hey, wait, it's your birthday aren't i supposed to give you something, not the other way around. :D

I try to send them to all my host. Although here lately I have been slacking and need to be more committed to doing soo. I printed up some Thank You Notecards from Vista that I need to start using.

wow great ideas to brush up on my thank you notes with!

I send a thank you to each host and pass around the Season's Best at the show for the guests to sign.
I also write a short thank you on each guests PP3 reciept before I give them to the host. Usually something like: Julie, It was a pleasure to meet you/sorry you couldn't make it. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. (If they expressed interest in somthing like hosting or recruiting I add a line that I'm looking forward to their show or will be following up with them soon.)
I also circle any lifetime guaranteed products and write lifetime guarantee next it.
Like Ann, I highlight multiples and mail them to the hosts with the their thank you card.

On a high-jack moment... this will be my first holiday season... what do you suggest as far as sending holiday cards to my contact list?

I got this from The Success Factory emails.Subject: Tom Hopkin's EIGHT recommended thank you notesTom Hopkins, motivational speaker and world renowned sales trainer, provides us with his top eight suggestions for thank you notes:After a telephone contact:
Thank you…for talking with me on the telephone. In today's business world, time is precious. You can rest assured that I will always be respectful of the time you invest as we discuss the possibility of a mutually beneficial business opportunity.In person contact:
Thank you…it was a pleasure meeting you and my `thank you' is for the time we shared. We have been fortunate to service many happy clients, and it is my wish to someday be able to serve you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call. Thank you after a presentation:
Thank you…for giving me the opportunity to discuss with you our association for the mutual benefit of our firms. We believe that quality, blended with excellent service, is the foundation for a successful business.Thank you after purchase.
Thank you…for giving me the opportunity to offer you our finest service. We are confident that you will be happy with this investment towards future growth. My goal is to now offer excellent follow-up service so you will have no reservation about referring others to me who have similar needs as yours.Thank you for a referral.
Thank you…for your kind referral. You can rest assured that anyone you refer to me will receive the highest degree of professional service possible.Thank you after final refusal:
Thank you…For taking your time considering letting me serve you. It is with sincere regrets that your immediate plans do not include making the investment at this time. However, if you need further information or have any questions, please feel free to call. I will keep you posted on new developments and changes that may benefit you.Thank you to anyone who gives YOU service
Thank you…It is gratifying to meet someone dedicated to doing a good job. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated. If my company or I can serve you in any way, please don't hesitate to call.Anniversary thank you:
Thank you…it is with warm regards that I send you this note to say hello and again thanks for your past patronage. We are continually changing and improving our products and service. If you would like an update on our latest advancements, please give me a call.Make your thank you notes stand out by using personalized stationery. Visit our website for our classic offerings along with 25 new products!

I started doing MAC calls, the day after shows to thank those at the show (that ordered or not) and let them know how much fun I had with them at the show. I also remind them that I'm closing the show in 3 days and they can add to their orders or call me with friends' orders. I also call all outside orders, let them know the fun we had, specials for the following month special, offer cooking show for them, shipping info. They really like this. It really doesn't take a lot of extra time for this service.I also mail the host a thank you card (I use the one from Merrill that has a recipe on it) I include the Pampered Partner letter and highlight how much they saved and how much they would have had if THEY were the consultant. I include Pampered Partner copies of receipts for all orders and highlight my web address. I like the stapling of what the host earned on the receipts. To ensure I mail the thank you to the host- easy- I record as a task in my Pampered Partner calendar.

I just printed my 23 receipts and directly on them i typed up in publisher...
Thank you so much for your order!
Thanks in part to you Therese received $525.50 in products for only $92.00! That's a savings of $436.50!
Please keep this receipt for your records, your guarantee is printed on the back.
You might want to keep it under your silverware tray so you know where to find it!
-Thanks again, Gina-Marie Kiely

Thanks Ann for your ideas!

You're welcome, Gina! It's not an original idea of mine, although I've been doing it almost since day 1.

well thank you regardless, it came out great and looks so professional. i think i'm going to stop buying the order forms all together and just use the PP3 receipts and make up my own order forms for the night of the show so people can write down what they want and bring it home with them. save some extra $$ too because i got some coupons for my ups store where i can get 100 free copies, and i took about 50 of them... i have no shame! lol

ginamkiely said:
save some extra $$ too because i got some coupons for my ups store where i can get 100 free copies, and i took about 50 of them... i have no shame! lol
Hey girl, take those pennies where you can get them!:thumbup: :cool: They buy a lot of fruit snacks and chicken nuggets!

LBurke said:
Hey girl, take those pennies where you can get them!:thumbup: :cool: They buy a lot of fruit snacks and chicken nuggets!

hey, how did you know my son was obsessed with fruit snacks and chicken nuggets??

ginamkiely said:
hey, how did you know my son was obsessed with fruit snacks and chicken nuggets??
Let's see... he's under the age of 9!
:D

What Ann said! Mine's two and a half and if it's a fruit snack or a chicken nugget...

1. Is it necessary to send thank you notes to all of my customers?

Yes, sending thank you notes to all of your customers is a must. It shows your appreciation for their business and helps to build a stronger relationship with them.

2. How often should I send thank you notes to my customers?

It is recommended to send thank you notes to your customers after every purchase or at least once a month. This ensures that your customers feel valued and appreciated.

3. Can I send a generic thank you note to all of my customers?

No, it is important to personalize your thank you notes to each customer. This shows that you truly value their business and have taken the time to thank them individually.

4. What should I include in my thank you notes?

A thank you note should include a personalized message expressing your gratitude, a mention of their purchase or support, and a call to action for them to continue supporting your business.

5. Will sending thank you notes to all of my customers take up too much time?

While it may take some time to write and send thank you notes, the benefits of building stronger relationships with your customers far outweigh the time investment. You can also use tools such as email templates or automated systems to make the process more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies