• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thai Peanut Sauce & Maple Honey Mustard Sauce - Uses?

In summary, Becky is disappointed with the Maple Honey Mustard, and thinks it smells and tastes bad. She suggests using the Thai Peanut Sauce instead.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I have a confession to make.....most of my fall/winter products are still sitting in my office in the same box that they were shipped to me in last fall :eek: I know, I know.....I've had trouble getting my PC mojo back after dealing with my dad's illness and death :cry: last fall.

I am trying to get myself organized and get my show schedule built back up and get familiar with the "not so new anymore" products!

Give me some uses and ideas for the sauces. Thanks!

There was a thread a few days ago and most people say the Maple Honey Mustard is yuck!I haven't tried either yet!

Maple Honey Mustard makes me gag. It's VILE.

The Thai Peanut Sauce on the other hand....YUMMY! I used it all during December for shows as a dipping sauce with the Steamed Wonton Purses. I would use the large bamboo platter, and put a bamboo bowl of Peanut Sauce at one corner, and a bowl of ginger wasabi sauce in the opposite corner, w/ little bamboo spoons, and put the wontons in the middle. It was a very pretty presentation, and people loved the sauces.

At home, I've used the peanut sauce in stir fry, and fried rice, and also marinated chicken strips in a mixture of plain yogurt and soy sauce w/ a little garlic and sugar, and then grilled them in the grill pan, and served them with the Peanut Sauce for dipping. Chicken Satay! YUMMY!

How funny. I had two people at last night's show who loved the Maple Honey Mustard. Everyone but one loved the Spicey Pineapple Rum. Two liked the Ginger Wasabi even better.

This is exactly why I always take all four sauces and some crackers to every show. I encourage people to sniff them all and taste any they think smell good. If they like them, great. I've probably made a sale. If not, that's good too. It keeps them from buying something they think sounds good but they won't use.

Anyone try to use the Thai Peanut Sauce to make the Chicken Satay Pasta Salad? I think we could tweak the recipe even more with the new sauce... Has anyone already tried it? If so, please post "new recipe"...

The Maple Honey Mustard Sauce may not smell good in the bottle but it is really excellent on pork ribs!! The sauce is strong so I just brush a little on the ribs before going in the oven and then half way through I brush a little on again. I have made these several times and they have been a hit everytime.

TrishPCMommy said:
Anyone try to use the Thai Peanut Sauce to make the Chicken Satay Pasta Salad? I think we could tweak the recipe even more with the new sauce... Has anyone already tried it? If so, please post "new recipe"...

I made a dish with the Thai Peanut Sauce. I made some chicken in the DCB. Boiled some noodles. Drained them. Added some green peppers, chopped nuts, the chicken cut with the Salad Chopper and added enough sauce for taste. Yummy! I think it tastes similar to the satay chicken salad.

ChefBeckyD said:
The Thai Peanut Sauce on the other hand....YUMMY! I used it all during December for shows as a dipping sauce with the Steamed Wonton Purses. I would use the large bamboo platter, and put a bamboo bowl of Peanut Sauce at one corner, and a bowl of ginger wasabi sauce in the opposite corner, w/ little bamboo spoons, and put the wontons in the middle. It was a very pretty presentation, and people loved the sauces.

Since :love: YOU :love: said these were so good I decided to make them for lunch today....OMG!!!!!! they are so good! I ate half of them all by myself (okay, so it was more like 75% of them :rolleyes:). So easy and so good! I like the ginger wasabi best, but towards the end I just mixed the two sauces together and that was good too.

Becky - I have a question @ the Steamed WonTon Purses - do you have a problem with them sticking to the steamer? Some of mine stuck.

Grease that steamer up good...but yes, some still stick a little. (that is why they resemble that dish...pot stickers!!)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed in the Maple Honey sauce. It smells like skunk and to me, it tastes like it smells...:yuck::yuck::yuck: I literally have to breathe through my mouth and not my nose when dumping these out after a demo.

Well, I can see I was of no help...sorry!

So I guess I should just save myself the trouble and go ahead and dump the Maple one then huh?

A brick of cream cheese, pour sauces over serve w/crackers! Awesome! I tried the Honey Mustard at NC & wasn't impressed, never ordered it, but the other ones are great!

pamperedlinda said:
Becky - I have a question @ the Steamed WonTon Purses - do you have a problem with them sticking to the steamer? Some of mine stuck.

Only when I forget to oil the steamer. :D

I use the Garlic infused oil, and spread it on with the pastry brush. Works great!

A few on here have said they like the Honey Mustard sauce - so I guess go ahead and try it and see what you think.

For myself - my reaction is much the same as Ann's. I have to hold my breath when I open the bottle. I've tried it as a dip for pretzels, and as a glaze for pork and chicken. I even tried to disguise it by adding brown sugar, and more maple syrup to it....and it still got a "10 Thumbs Down" from my family - plus made my kitchen reek. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

I don't even think you coould get Mikey to eat...and he'll eat anything!

baychef said:
I don't even think you coould get Mikey to eat...and he'll eat anything!

LOL - at my house Mikey goes by the name of Rick...and he ate it, but asked me not to make it again. :D :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I haven't tried the Maple one on anything yet, but I can definitely see brushing it on ham. It has a kick to it...moreso than the Ginger Wasabi.

I use the wasabi and peanut both on fettucini noodles and it is awesome!!!

NOT SO FAST LINDA!!
One of the most popular recipes at the Red Lobster Restaurants is a Maple Honey Mustard Chicken Breast. No lie! You simply baste the chicken breast with it while it is baking or grilling, like BBQ sauce. It is also very good on a baked ham!

pampered1224 said:
NOT SO FAST LINDA!!
One of the most popular recipes at the Red Lobster Restaurants is a Maple Honey Mustard Chicken Breast. No lie! You simply baste the chicken breast with it while it is baking or grilling, like BBQ sauce. It is also very good on a baked ham!

John - I LOVE maple honey mustard anything. Really. And I was so excited when the PC one was introduced. But that stuff is nasty vile:yuck::yuck::yuck:. So disappointed. :cry:

I love it! I guess our pallets are very different. I put them all out and I did sell multiple bottles of it last Sunday. The Thai Peanut Sauce however, did not go over very well. So it is all a matter of taste. I did a small ham for dinner last night and I had it in the oven for about an hour. I started basting it right away and continually every 15 minutes there after. Pat loved it. He did NOT like it out of a bowl but once it was on the ham, he thought it was awesome. And he is a picky pain in the rear end when it comes to food! He is not into sauces, gravies, veggies or anything but meat and potatoes! I have made chicken breast with the Pineapple Rum Sauce, he loved it. I made the ham with the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce, he loved that. I have made pork tenderloin with the Ginger Wasabi Sauce, he even liked that. I made stir fry with pork and the Thai Peanut sauce and we both hated it! So...

At one of my meetings, a guy came up with a Thai Peanut sauce PIZZA... anyone tried anything similar? It was DELISH and I have yet to open up my sauce yet, I want to make it!! It had she sauce of course, chicken, veggies, so wondering if anyone's come up with their own recipe?? Thanks!

I never thought about trying it on ham. Hmmmm.

1. What are some ways to use Thai Peanut Sauce?

Thai Peanut Sauce is a versatile condiment that can be used in a variety of dishes. It is commonly used as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, satay, and other appetizers. It can also be used as a marinade for chicken, beef, or tofu. Additionally, it can be used as a dressing for salads or as a sauce for stir-fry dishes.

2. Can Thai Peanut Sauce be used as a substitute for peanut butter?

No, Thai Peanut Sauce is not a suitable substitute for peanut butter. It has a different consistency and is typically mixed with other ingredients, such as soy sauce and garlic, giving it a distinct flavor that is different from traditional peanut butter.

3. Is Maple Honey Mustard Sauce only good for salads?

No, Maple Honey Mustard Sauce can be used in a variety of dishes. It is commonly used as a dressing for salads, but it can also be used as a marinade for chicken, pork, or seafood. It can also be used as a glaze for roasted vegetables or as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders or pretzels.

4. Can Maple Honey Mustard Sauce be used as a replacement for regular mustard?

Yes, Maple Honey Mustard Sauce can be used as a substitute for regular mustard. It has a similar tangy flavor and can be used in sandwiches, on hot dogs or burgers, and in other recipes that call for mustard.

5. Is it safe to use both sauces in the same dish?

Yes, you can definitely use both Thai Peanut Sauce and Maple Honey Mustard Sauce in the same dish. They can complement each other well in dishes like stir-fry or as a marinade for chicken. However, it is always best to taste the dish as you go and adjust the amount of sauce used according to your preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda Woods
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Robyn Neilko
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
lesliecooks4u
Replies