• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tex-Mex Chicken Melt Recipe Needed - No All the Best Cook Book

In summary, to make the Tex-Mex Chicken Melt, you will need chicken breast, Tex-Mex seasoning, shredded cheese, salsa, and tortilla wraps. You can also substitute the chicken with other proteins and make the recipe healthier by using whole wheat tortilla wraps and adding more vegetables. The Tex-Mex Chicken Melt can be made ahead of time and pairs well with side dishes such as Mexican rice, black beans, and corn salad.
deb313
Does anyone have the recipe for the Tex-Mex Chicken Melts? I don't have the All the Best cook book. Thanks so much!

Here you go - it's a great recipe!

Tex-Mex Chicken Melts
Recipe:
Canapé Bread
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough
Filling
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, divided (1 cup)
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray inside of a bread tube and caps with vegetable oil. Cap bottom of bread tube; fill tube with dough. Place cap on top. Bake, upright, 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
2. Cut bread into 20 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices on Rectangle Stone.
3. Chop onion & bell pepper. Grate cheese. In a bowl, combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, 1/2 cup of the cheese, mayonnaise, Seasoning Mix and garlic; mix well.
4. Divide filling evenly among bread slices. Slice tomatoes. Place one tomato slice over filling on each bread slice. Snip parsley. In a bowl, toss remaining cheese and parsley to combine. Sprinkle over tomato slices.
5. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Yield: 20 servings

Yum!Those sound sooo tasty!

Thanks a bunch!Mary thank you so much for the recipe. Only on this website I could get a response this quick. Thanks again! Deb

Deb: You're welcome! I have tons of recipes typed up in LARGE FONTsince I can no longer read recipes out of cookbooks :p ! Anytime you need something, just shout! I probably have it!

Mary

1. How do I make the Tex-Mex Chicken Melt?

To make the Tex-Mex Chicken Melt, you will need chicken breast, Tex-Mex seasoning, shredded cheese, salsa, and tortilla wraps. First, season the chicken breast with Tex-Mex seasoning and cook it on a skillet until fully cooked. Then, place a tortilla wrap on a baking sheet and top it with the cooked chicken, shredded cheese, and salsa. Finally, fold the tortilla in half and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.

2. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with ground beef, shredded pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to fully cook the protein before adding it to the tortilla wrap.

3. How can I make this recipe healthier?

To make this recipe healthier, you can use whole wheat tortilla wraps, lean chicken breast, and reduced-fat shredded cheese. You can also add more vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and corn to increase the nutrient content.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Tex-Mex Chicken Melt ahead of time by assembling the wraps and storing them in the fridge until ready to bake. You can also freeze the assembled wraps and bake them later for a quick and easy meal.

5. What side dishes go well with the Tex-Mex Chicken Melt?

Some delicious side dishes that pair well with the Tex-Mex Chicken Melt are Mexican rice, black beans, corn salad, or a mixed green salad. You can also serve it with a side of guacamole or sour cream for dipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish1953
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • HockeyLover
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies