• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Substitute Teriyaki Baste & Glaze in Recipes?

In summary, a few weeks ago, a user wanted to make the Chili-Lime Meatballs in the new App CB, but was unable to find Teriyaki Baste & Glaze. They ended up at a small store and found the last bottle, and were able to make the recipe using different ingredients.
kam
Staff member
I am just sitting here laughing to myself right now!!

A few weeks ago I wanted to make the Chili-Lime Meatballs in the new App CB - but I could not find Teriyaki Baste & Glaze to save my life!!!

I ended up at 5 stores. The very last one - a last ditch effort since it is a very small store - had it. Though it was the last bottle! (Still wasn't Kikkoman brand).

So, here I am today, looking for a Fried Rice recipe, and I find Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice from the SB S/S 2005 and here is part of the recipe - it calls for 3/4 cup teriyaki baste and glaze

Cook's Tip: To substitute the teriyaki baste and glaze, combine 1/2 cup thin teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened.

HAHA - wish they had this in the Cook's notes on the App cookbook. Could've saved myself a lot of time!

As another alternative - I make Fried Rice, and use 1/4 cup soy sauce mixed with 1/4 cup ginger-wasabi sauce, and 1-2 tsp. sugar as the sauce. It's yummy! It's the recipe I've been doing if someone doesn't want, or just had the Potato Chowder!

ChefBeckyD said:
As another alternative - I make Fried Rice, and use 1/4 cup soy sauce mixed with 1/4 cup ginger-wasabi sauce, and 1-2 tsp. sugar as the sauce. It's yummy! It's the recipe I've been doing if someone doesn't want, or just had the Potato Chowder!

What is the recipe you use?

It's my own...and it's sooo easy. I am getting ready for a show right now, but I'll try to remember to find it and post it later tonight! (mine is chicken...and I've also made it w/ shrimp)

ChefBeckyD said:

Becky!!

Recipe PLEASE!!!

I've had the same problem finding Teryaki Baste and Glaze....Why are they having this as an ingredient when it is so hard to find? All I can find is a Teryaki Marinade and Sauce. The glaze is needed for the Meatballs in the Dinners Done Cards.

I actually found it at Wal-mart, it was hidden very well in the same section as the chowmein you buy in a can!

1. What is Teriyaki Baste & Glaze?

Teriyaki Baste & Glaze is a versatile sauce made with soy sauce, sugar, and other savory ingredients that is commonly used in Asian cuisine. It can be used as a marinade, glaze, or dipping sauce for meats, vegetables, and seafood.

2. Is Teriyaki Baste & Glaze gluten-free?

Yes, our Teriyaki Baste & Glaze is gluten-free and does not contain any wheat products. It is made with gluten-free soy sauce and is safe for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.

3. How should I use Teriyaki Baste & Glaze?

There are many ways to use Teriyaki Baste & Glaze! It can be used as a marinade by coating your protein of choice and letting it sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking. It can also be used as a glaze by brushing it on while cooking or as a dipping sauce for added flavor.

4. Can Teriyaki Baste & Glaze be used in the oven?

Yes, Teriyaki Baste & Glaze can be used in the oven. It is great for marinating and glazing meats, vegetables, and seafood before roasting or broiling. Just be sure to baste the food with the sauce periodically for maximum flavor.

5. Does Teriyaki Baste & Glaze need to be refrigerated after opening?

Yes, Teriyaki Baste & Glaze should be refrigerated after opening to maintain its quality and flavor. Be sure to use it within a few weeks for best results. If the sauce becomes too thick after refrigeration, simply warm it up in the microwave or on the stove before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Curlyone
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips