• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Secret Ingredient for Delicious Meatballs: Teriyaki Baste & Glaze

In summary, the author found a Teriyaki Baste & Glaze at a small grocery store, and it was the last one. The meatballs will be better because it will be thicker than if they used the Teriyaki Marinade or Stir-Fry Sauce.
kam
Staff member
This is called for in the Chili-Lime Meatballs on the App cookbook. I am pretty sure the meatballs on the Weekday Dinner Done uses it, too.

WHAT IS IT???

I went to the store tonight figuring it would be easy - that the label might actually say "baste & glaze". No such luck.

What does everyone else use? Is it the Teriyaki marinade & sauce? Or Stir-fry sauce?
HELP!

Kikoman (sp?) makes one. Look for it in the Asian section.

Pedey said:
Kikoman (sp?) makes one. Look for it in the Asian section.

What is it called? There was nothing called "baste and glaze"....

Thanks!

I decided to go on Kikkoman's site - and there is actually something called "baste & glaze". It IS by Kikkoman - AND OF COURSE MY STORE DOESN'T HAVE IT!!! :cry: I looked at EVERY single bottle in the asian section.

There are SO many things that our recipes call for that our store doesn't carry. And this is the nicest store of the 3 in our area.

I SO wanted to make the meatballs - and I already bought the red Curry Paste (at $4.50, I might add). :grumpy:

I have no idea where to find this by Sunday. Ugh.

Well shoot! I've got a jar of it in my fridge right now! LOL Wish I could run it over! We use it to grill up chicken breasts & pineapple & then serve it on wheat buns with some white cheese, lettuce & red onion... YUM!

I just checked google sources, and it looks like you can substitute regular Teriyaki Sauce or Stir-Fry sauce for the Baste & Glaze. One site said it just won't be as thick. Another site said " If you can't find the Teriyaki Baste and Glaze, then use a teriyaki marinade."Hope that helps?

OH...Found this...might help even more.

The author said this:
You can also substitute the home-made chicken glaze for any number of bottled glazes already on the market. Kikkoman makes some of the best glazes out there. My personal favorite is their Teriyaki Baste & Glaze. It tastes almost just like the home-made stuff. Just experiment until you find the one you like.

Teriyaki Chicken Glaze (links to the site I found this on)

2 Cups Soy
3 Cups Sugar
½ Cup Water
¼ Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
1 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
1 Shredded Carrot
2 Tablespoons Diced Onion

1. Place all ingredients in large stockpot and bring it to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat, let cool and strain. The finished product should be a heavy dark marinade about the consistency of light syrup.
4. Refrigerate in an airtight container. It should keep well for about two weeks.

Heat Two tablespoons of peanut oil in a wok or skillet and add three ounces of diced boneless chicken breast. Stir fry the chicken until it turns white and then coat with the Teriyaki Glaze. Continue to stir-fry until the glaze caramelises. Top your rice bowl and dig in!

Pedey said:
Well shoot! I've got a jar of it in my fridge right now! LOL Wish I could run it over! We use it to grill up chicken breasts & pineapple & then serve it on wheat buns with some white cheese, lettuce & red onion... YUM!

haha! me too! :)

esavvymom said:
I just checked google sources, and it looks like you can substitute regular Teriyaki Sauce or Stir-Fry sauce for the Baste & Glaze. One site said it just won't be as thick. Another site said " If you can't find the Teriyaki Baste and Glaze, then use a teriyaki marinade."

Hope that helps?

Yes! Thanks. And thanks for the recipe. I am about to head to 2 smaller grocery stores this morning to hunt. Even though they are smaller, I am hoping they might carry this. BUT - if they don't have it, I will just buy the marinade or stir-fry sauce. Atleast I have a back up plan now! Thanks!!!!

I can't believe I finally found it!!

We went to dinner tonight - and as a last ditch effort, I asked DH to stop by one last grocery store. This is the smallest of our grocery stores - and usually has the least selection. Well, their Asian section was about half the size of the other stores's....but they had the Iron Chef Baste & Glaze. It wss the last one. I couldn't believe it!!!

These meatballs better be good! :)

What is the secret ingredient in the Pampered Chef Teriyaki Baste & Glaze?

The secret ingredient in the Pampered Chef Teriyaki Baste & Glaze is a blend of soy sauce, pineapple juice, and ginger, which gives it a unique and flavorful taste.

Can the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze be used for other dishes besides meatballs?

Yes, the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze can be used as a marinade or sauce for various meats, vegetables, and even as a dipping sauce for appetizers.

Is the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze gluten-free?

Yes, the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions.

How do I use the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze to make delicious meatballs?

To make delicious meatballs with the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze, mix it with ground meat, breadcrumbs, and your choice of seasonings. Roll the mixture into balls and bake or fry until fully cooked, then brush with more glaze before serving.

Can I purchase the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze in stores?

Yes, the Teriyaki Baste & Glaze can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. It is not available in retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mel92504
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Curlyone
Replies
Views
Zacksmommie
  • kdangel518
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies