• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Perfect 10x10 Tent: Windproof & Easy Setup

In summary, a person looking to buy a 10x10 tent for fairs should look for one that has side panels they can put up if it rains, a heavy-duty canvas case to pack it in, and rollers on one end so they can get it to the spot they need by themselves.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Looking to buy a 10x10 tent for fairs. One that will withhold wind damages. Can anyone recommend one that is easy to set up for one person and won't blow over/invent/break in a wind storm. I know they can range in price from $100 to 500 (and probably up).

you mean a canopy for fairs?

I would get on of those fold out ones... about $150 at walmart works for all my events

Yes canopy for fairs

Malinda Klein said:
Yes canopy for fairs

I'd look for one that has side panels you can put up if it rains.

I bought one last year at Sports Authority. It was a step up from their cheapest one. You can buy side panels separately that can be added should you have issues with wind or rain. I also bought weights that go around the legs of the tent to hold it down well in case I'm setting up on pavement or if it's windy.

not sure if they still make them but we bought a fiskars one years ago Love it!!

I got mine here- no problems only wish I got the one w/ the awning

http://www.elitedeals.com/incapade.html

Check if there is a place near you that rents out these kinds of things. I never rented this, but I've rented the big tents and was surprised at how inexpensive they were. Same with tables and chairs. Best of all, I don't have to store them, clean them, or worry about them the rest of the time!

Just check Wal-Mart or similar stores. They range in price from $80-$150. Definitely look for the ones that say EZ up. The other kind can be a nightmare.

I had a nice one from Target that got destroyed on a very windy day. Was around $150. Got a new one last year at Sam's and was around $250 but is much better built and has an awning/curtains.

What I liked about my old one is that it would fit in the floor board of the van and I could put it up by myself. My new one is much sturdier but I have trouble putting it in the van and it has to be tilted just so or it won't fit. I also have to have help putting it up now. It's a trade off...

No matter how much you spend you will need something to hold it down on the concrete. We have cinder blocks with ties. Some use sandbags. I know others put concrete in buckets and use that.

We have this one:
First-Up 10' x 10' Gazebo / Event Tent - Walmart.com
It's a great price at $78.88 - I think we paid $80 last year.You can also get screen & wind curtains to go with it. It comes in a nice bag with wheels on one end. We've used it camping a few times - w/some bad storms too. It has held up nicely! :) There are also some push lights you can get (4 for $10) for the inside.

My husband bought one for me w/o asking. I wish he hadn't. I don't go to enough fairs and it takes up room in the garage. He was trying to be nice and surprise me but I'd rather have had dinner out at a swanky restaurant :cool: But - we might get back into camping, and it will come in handy for that.

Anyhoo. Agree about getting one with side panels, because you can never count on the weather. I just asked hubby, but he can't remember how much he paid. It's from Cabela's and doesn't have any kind of brand name tag on it that I can see. Just went to look at it in the garage. Which reminds me, it has a nice heavy-duty canvas case to pack it in, and rollers on one end so you can get it to the spot you need by yourself by pulling it like rolling luggage. It is easy to put up even by myself. The piece for the top is kind of like an umbrella mechanism, but square, not round. It is also surprisingly easy to get back into the rolling case, which with some camping tents and other sports gear we have, can be problematic.

That's my ideas on what you'd want to look for!

Last edited:
Chef Kearns said:
Just check Wal-Mart or similar stores. They range in price from $80-$150. Definitely look for the ones that say EZ up. The other kind can be a nightmare.

Yes! I agree! EZ Up!

We had tried lower cost alternatives in the past...they were great for a year or two, but definitely don't seem to last all that long. (Atleast the ones we had). They weren't cheap-cheap, they were just cheaper than the EZ Up.

So, a few years ago we got the EZ Up brand at BJs. It came with the side panels. Easy to put up and take down and has a really nice wheeled storage bag. At 2-3 years old, it is already aging better than our other ones at the same age.

I had a FirstUp from Walmart which would serve the purpose but the sides (bought separately) was all one piece so I couldn't put the walls up or down individually. I noticed some of the other canopies at the event had walls that zipped at each corner so you could use them individually so now I'm going to get an EZup which has the zipped walls at the corners.

I got one last year from PC as a recruiting reward but I can't comment on it as I have never had it out of the box. Lots of my friends comment on their EZ Up though (they like them).

Whatever you decide to get, be sure and tie some weights to it or stake it down if on grass. I watched 3 blow across a parking lot this spring. Mine stayed because I had it tied to my table legs and had plenty weight on the table. Your maroon shopping bags work with anything heavy in them.

Wind can mangle any canopy....no matter the cost of it. Definitely get some weights (even those smaller cinder blocks from your local home-store. We would set the legs inside the cinder block, and then tie the rope to it). Each one weight about 20 lbs. I've seen others fill gallon-milk jugs with sand and use those to tie down as well. (Putting those jugs inside of our maroon grocery bags would be cool!) Definitely get some side-walls, because if you've got wind, you likely have rain too. :) Speaking form experience on that one!The EZ-up types are easy to do, but I've never seen one that you can truly put it up completely by yourself. BUT I've never done an event in which there wasn't some chivalrous gentleman or fellow vendor that wouldn't help you pull your canopy out (if your spouse wasn't there to help set up, as mine usually is). They have always had event staff walking around, and you can get one of them to help you pull it apart and set up. Taking it down is a little bit more manageable alone. But again, I've always found helpful folks around to help. And when you are female, it's even easier to find those helpful gentlemen around (usually the older fellows).:D

As was pointed out to me this past weekend, the EZ-Up canopies have corners/legs that are STRAIGHT while others have angled legs.

Melissa78 said:
I got one last year from PC as a recruiting reward but I can't comment on it as I have never had it out of the box. Lots of my friends comment on their EZ Up though (they like them).

Can I have it?!! I will be in SE PA in August and can pick it up! I would love one that says PC on it. I would pay for it of course!

I don't recall it saying PC On it - i think it just had the manufacturers name on it.

lt1jane said:
As was pointed out to me this past weekend, the EZ-Up canopies have corners/legs that are STRAIGHT while others have angled legs.

I just picked up an E-Z Up today from Sears, because I signed up for a Farmer's Market last minute. This one does have angled legs, and was the cheapest model available. I paid $65, and will be getting about $5 back through a shopping site I use.

Melissa78 said:
I don't recall it saying PC On it - i think it just had the manufacturers name on it.

Bummer! I do quite few summer fairs, while my consultants usually work most of them. I would love one with a PC logo on it.

Legs straight with a center post are the best. Ez-up, about $200 from Costco. It has corner pockets you can stick a tube in to make a PC sign - I hang a PC sign at the back with bungee cords.

I have one I purchased about 4 years ago from Dick's Sporting Goods for around $60. It has held up pretty well. I use it for 2-3 booths a year and we use it when we go camping 2-3 times a year. It is a 10 x 10 but does have angled legs so the canopy portion is more like 8 x8 or 9 x 9. I will eventually replace with a 10 x 10 straight leg one.

I also have the EZ up. I do the local Strawberry Festival in May and the first couple of years I didn't have an awning, unbearable! I always am alone at those things but as someone else pointed out there are always friendly people there to help set it up! Last year it poured rain in the AM, sadly it wasn't water proof! LOL! but I survived.
I got mine on Sale at KMart for like $59.

1. What material is the tent made of and how does it hold up against wind?

The Perfect 10x10 Tent is made of durable polyester fabric that is designed to withstand strong winds. It also features reinforced stitching and sturdy poles to provide extra stability in windy conditions.

2. Is this tent easy to set up and take down?

Yes, the Perfect 10x10 Tent is designed for easy setup and takedown. It features a simple pop-up design that can be set up in just minutes, without the need for any additional tools or equipment.

3. Can this tent accommodate a large group of people?

Yes, the 10x10 size is perfect for accommodating a group of up to 8-10 people. It also has a spacious interior with a center height of 6 feet, providing plenty of room for standing and moving around comfortably.

4. How does this tent hold up in rainy weather?

The Perfect 10x10 Tent is designed to be water-resistant, with a waterproof coating on the fabric and sealed seams to keep you dry during light rain. However, it is not recommended for use in heavy rain or severe weather conditions.

5. Does this tent come with any additional features for convenience?

Yes, the Perfect 10x10 Tent includes convenient features such as multiple windows for ventilation, a built-in storage pocket for small items, and a carrying bag for easy transport. It also has a UV coated fabric to protect against sun exposure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefheidi2003