• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring a Side Hustle: Becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, the conversation is about a person's interest in becoming a Pampered Chef (PC) consultant for extra income. They are concerned about their husband's fear of spending too much money on PC products and the possibility of quitting after 6 months. Another consultant suggests that it is possible to earn monthly bonuses with 4-6 shows a month and there is no obligation to continue after the initial 4 shows with a minimum sales requirement. They also mention the low cost of supplies and the potential earnings of $800-1000 with 6-8 shows a month. The conversation ends with an offer to help the person get started and a reminder to choose a consultant wisely.
AMTC
Gold Member
I wasn't sure which forum to post this to, so I'm going to try this one.

Tell me the truth.

I'm considering becoming a PC consultant. I have a full time job in Customer service where I am on the phones for 8 hours a day, and I want a little extra income for, well... some extras.

My husband is afraid I'm going to end up spending all of the money I make on PC products and maybe even some of our own, so he thinks all I'll get out of it is some cookware.

I'd like to do 4-6 shows a month, but probably no more than that. Could that be enough for me to earn the monthly bonuses?

If I decide after 6 months or a year I don't want to continue is it hard to stop?

Just want to know what I'm getting into.

Thanks! :)

I have just finished my first month. With just three shows I was able to receive my super starter bonus. I still have one more show for the month I have not closed yet. All of the tools you recieve in your starter kit is enough to get you started and to see if this is something for you. PC has alot of incentives toward free tools. I would try it. You will not lose anthing with all of the tools you will receive when you start up. Hope this helps somewhat.

I also work full time as a teacher. It is very doable to do 6 shows a month. That is about what I do. With 6-8 shows a month, I make about $800-1000. The average consultant makes about $100 a show.

The great thing about Pampered Chef is that you do NOT have to put your money back into buying products. Every time they offer new products, you can earn them for free. If you don't earn them, they offer you to buy them for 1/2 off. If you don't want to buy them at all, you don't have to.

The only obligation to Pampered Chef is to have at least 4 shows with $150 in sales or $1250 in sales (that can be 1 or 2 shows!). If you do not want to do anything after that, you are not obligated.

When you decide to get started, you pay for the kit. There are 2 ways to do that. You can have a show and use your free product money toward the kit OR you can buy the kit for $90. The kit includes $350 worth of products plus all the paperwork you need to get started.

The paperwork is very inexpensive. It is another way that Pampered Chef makes it easy for us. They do not want us putting all our money back into buying supplies.

I've attached a sheet that will give you an idea of what you can make as a consultant. It also answers any questions you might have.

Are you currently working with a consultant? If not, I'd be glad to help you get started. All you need is a consultant's name and consultant number to get started.

Please email with any questions.

Attachments

• The No Risk Factor with Q&As.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 707
  • average earnings.doc
    81.5 KB · Views: 763
First of all, are you working with a consultant? Do you know about our starter kit and Superbonus months? Do you know the sales minimums required by Pampered Chef? Pampered Chefs Mission Statment?
If you aren't working with someone you should be. Make sure all your questions are answered to your satisfaction before you sign.

Pampered Chef is work. It happens to be work that I have loved doing for the past 15 1/2 years. It doesn't fall in your lap- but is extremely rewarding. Choose the person that recruits you- all Pampered Chef consultants and directors are not equal and they can be a determining factor in you success.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions at [email protected].

Go For itHi. I have been a consultant for 9 months part time and I love it. I earned all 3 ss bonus plus 1 extra. I started out for the extra bonus's and thought that I could quit after 6 shows but my business has grown and I love it. I usually only do shows fri and sat. you have to decide when you want to do shows and offer those dates. If you sell 1250 in your first month, you will make your start up kit costs back. I will be glad to help you get started. Email me [email protected]. Ask around and see if you can get 4 shows lined up. IF you decide to do this I do not think that you will regret it. Please email me and I will call you and talk, answer questions if you are interested. Thanks, Kim

DebPCPampered Chef is work. It happens to be work that I have loved doing for the past 15 1/2 years. It doesn't fall in your lap- but is extremely rewarding. Choose the person that recruits you- all Pampered Chef consultants and directors are not equal and they can be a determining factor in you success.[/QUOTE said:
Deb...VERY good advice. Having a great support system is very important. If your director is not close by, going to meetings with a hospitality director is very important.

Pampered Chef, as with any business, does take work. If you don't put any effort into it, you will get nothing out of it. It is also important to get off to a good start. This forum is a great support system, but as Deb said, having good training is important to getting off to a good start.

One of the great things about Pampered Chef is the training that is available. You can take advantage of training through tapes, tele-classes, and meetings. Conference is the best training available.

I'm sure all this information is overwhelming, but you should know what is available for you.

You can tell your husband one thing for sure. You will definitely get more out having your own Pampered Chef business than pots and pans.

Give it a shotI say that you should give it a shot. You have a sales background already, so puts you ahead of those who don't have any sales experience and makes you less likely to be shy about the business. I just started this month and to tell you the truth it's been some work. I actually have Pampered Chef nightmares, not really, but do dream about it. The Super Starter products are great and things that are handy in your kitchen everyday. That's important because you need to know about the products and use them daily if you want to be sincere in your demo.

When it comes to the costs, it's not free, but it's also a lot less than several other direct sales jobs because you don't have to carry an inventory. The SS Kit is $90 + tax and s/h. There's a paperwork booster that you can get for about $35 more - the info on that arrives with your SS Kit. That booster is enough to get you through your first month, depending on how busy you are. Then, TPC sells additional paperwork at a discounted price to consultants so that you don't spend your entire commission on paperwork when you're doing this part time. You can also buy additional products through seasonal promotions and kit enhancements at a steep discount. That is if you don't earn them for free through your sales - which is very possible.

The overall amount of money you spending getting started is directly related to how you start. If you do vendor events you'll spend more because there's a vendor fee. If you want professonal business cards you'll spend more than printing them yourself. Right now, a lot of consultants on this site are offering tips on topics related to dollar days and that has the potential to have a cost to the consultant. In the end, it will depend on the personal choices that you make for how you want to start off, a lot extras aren't needed and can be delayed until you know whether this is for you.

Like everyone else has said, if you don't have a consultant yet you do need one. All of us on this site can help you and would all love to help you because recruits help us and lets us mentor someone to strive for success. If you are interested in contacting me, I can be reached at [email protected]. Feel free to check out my website, a perk that's not necessary, but would increase the start-up cost if you get one - www.PamperedChef.biz/PamperedByJulie. So far, I've had one host use it, but haven't received any sales through it.

I highly recommend that you get tied in with a local cluster. My cluster is rather far away and it's hard to draw support from them when I only see them once per month at Cluster Meetings.

Last but not least, if you're a person of faith I recommend you pray about it. If God intends for you to do this He won't make it a difficult decision for you.

hourly wage may not apply to all
PamperedGinger said:
I've attached a sheet that will give you an idea of what you can make as a consultant.
In my humble opinion, the average earnings worksheet is a bit skewed because it doesn't take into account the time outside the show that you put in. I know that I spend more than 4 hours on a show, partially because I'm a new consultant and my shows run longer/I'm still learning, but also in terms of the host coaching calls, trips to the post office, and morning after calls/customer care calls.

The success level of your show is directly linked to the time you spend on the phone outside of the show. That means you put more time into the show and the hourly wage would be a little lower. It also means you could have a larger show and earn a better hourly wage. In the end, the individual needs to determine how much time he/she puts in and then figure out their own hourly wage. I'm not a fan of these standardized charts just because they don't take the individual into account. Some may not agree with me, but that's my opinion.

Fellow CSR HereAMTC,

I also work as a CSR. I work 10 hour shifts, so I know how hard it can be on the phone. I do technical support and new customer care, so generally when I hear from people they are pretty unhappy. I know it can lead to a LOT of stress, especially for the amount of money we get paid.

I am very new to PC, and am not in it for the money, although any little bit is a nice incentive. It is more the opportunity to deal with people in a less confrontational situation. It is enjoyable to have people look forward to meeting you, even if it is just in anticipation of your cooking. ;) Also, cooking for me can be pretty therapeutic, although I am not much up on gourmet techniques.

Additionally, I feel a lot of the things I have picked up in training for PC, both here and through the training materials provided, have helped me in my mindset for my CSR job. I don't know why, but I find it easier to smile during the calls now, allowing me to convey a more positive attitude to my customers, even when they are frustrating and yelling and cussing at me. Okay, I don't smile ALL the time, but I sure don't break down in tears as often afterward either.

I guess my point is, there is so much MORE beside the money - enjoyment, personal growth, and so forth. There a LAYERS of reasons to join PC - I guess that makes it like an ogre. ;)

Just my two cents.

Paula in TN

Last edited:
I know where you're coming from. I too work a full time job, have 3 kids involved in everything and my husband and I are very active in our local fire department. When I first wanted to do this my husband wasn't sure this was a fit for our family. I went to my first conference 2 months after I started and thats all it took. I won a shopping spree at conference and learned some great tools to use in my business. The great thing about PC is you can do it when you want and how much you want. If I know the family is going to need some extra cash for a month I can always schedule another show. If I know we're going to be super busy that month I just don't schedule shows. The flexibility to me is the best part. As far as the income, you will spend alittle more time on your shows at first with the processing but once you learn how to do it, it goes much faster. I even have my family help me put packets together, address my mailings and my 14 yr old helps me put my shows in the computer. They know when I win my trips they want to go too, and are willing to do their part. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. You won't regret joining the BEST home party companies!!!!! :) :)

Thanks for all of your replies.

I am working with a consultant, and I think I will give it a try. Actually, while I am in Customer Service FT now, I was in Sales for ten years- I took a CS job due to relocation. I figure PC will be a great way to meet people in the new area, and I know some people will say I'm crazy but I actually miss giving presentations, so I'm hoping this will fill my craving for that.

I'm not afraid to put the work in, and I'm not looking for a huge payoff, I just don't want to lose anything in it. I have 3 people who want to book so far, and another person today expressed an interest, so she may be my fourth
*victim* :D

Wish me luck and thanks for all your help! :)

CONGRATS and WELCOME! Let us know if you have any questions. We are all here to help each other.

AMTC,

Good luck. We will be here rooting you on! Much success to you!

OutstandingAMTC,

You're starting with more than I did. I didn't have any bookings lined up when I decided to do this. My recruiter told me that I'd take over her business because she was moving and in the end, she gave it to another recruit. That left me starting almost from scratch and having to put it together on my own. The fact that you already have bookings is great. Your desire to speak in front of people will also really help you out because you need to be out-going during your demos.

Good Luck!

AMTC,

You stated that you only want to do 4-6 shows a month~I am in my second month and have submitted $1496 last month with 3 shows (2 catalogs, 1 kitchen) and $1928 this month with (1 catalog and 2 kitchen) and have earned both pkgs plus I have over $900 banked so I can pick one of the bonus pkgs! You can do it! You just have to try and it will work!

You sound familiar! I think I might have met you at our last cluster meeting! Do you live in Florida?

You have found a excellent forum, this is where I come for a lot of my questions to be asked and answered! Good Luck!

Go for it!The truth is I have talked with someone from almost every other company out there and I still think I made the best choice with The Pampered Chef. I have now been doing this for over 5 years and have never been bored. I am sure every consultant on this page will be happy to help anyone with signing up. If anyone chooses to contact me I would be absolutely delighted to help you make an informed decision about giving our risk free opportunity a try. You've got questions? I've got answers.

Cooking on all four burners
Tamara Foster
248-342-1122
[email protected]
www.Pamperedchef.biz/tamaraskitchen

HonestlyI don't want to start a rucus, but I have been a consultant for about 6 months. The first three months were easy. I booked shows with little difficulty and qualified with no problem. After that it requires much more work to develop your client list and get bookings. Your success really depends on how much time and energy you are willing to devote to it. This is not a walk in the park the way it has been presented sometimes.

Once you crunch all the numbers regarding your expenditures and time invested, you really won't be making a profit for at least the first year (especially on a part time basis). On the other hand I know consultants who are fine with that since they can use the business as a tax deduction. My director is meticulous about logging every single business related mile and phone call. That has saved her thousands on her tax return. You and your husband may want to factor that into your decision.

I can also say that in comparison to a part time job, you can have tremendous flexibility with TPC. I also get great response from people when they learn I'm a consultant. I regularly hear "do you have a current catalog?" when it's brought up. This is in sharp contrast to the response I've seen to other direct sales companies, where people run the other direction when they are presented with it!

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks Matressler for your honesty.

I wonder if location factors in to the business as well.

We just relocated to Florida where it seems there aren't very many consultants, but a lot of people interested in PC. One reason I decided PC is because we have a cousin who lives in a large neighborhood where people are begging her to find a Pampered Chef consultant and have a party. (she's already done jewelry and Bath and Body works) I also know the other shows she has had generated several other shows in her neighborhood, so I figure give the people what they want.

AMTC,
Where in Florida did you move to?

matressler said:
I don't want to start a rucus, but I have been a consultant for about 6 months. The first three months were easy. I booked shows with little difficulty and qualified with no problem. After that it requires much more work to develop your client list and get bookings. Your success really depends on how much time and energy you are willing to devote to it. This is not a walk in the park the way it has been presented sometimes.

Once you crunch all the numbers regarding your expenditures and time invested, you really won't be making a profit for at least the first year (especially on a part time basis). On the other hand I know consultants who are fine with that since they can use the business as a tax deduction. My director is meticulous about logging every single business related mile and phone call. That has saved her thousands on her tax return. You and your husband may want to factor that into your decision.

I can also say that in comparison to a part time job, you can have tremendous flexibility with TPC. I also get great response from people when they learn I'm a consultant. I regularly hear "do you have a current catalog?" when it's brought up. This is in sharp contrast to the response I've seen to other direct sales companies, where people run the other direction when they are presented with it!

Good luck with your decision.
I agree that the more time and energy you devote to your business, the better it will be. I've seen a direct correlation with this for my business. I've found it doesn't take too much time to make a phone call here or there. I know that having "office hours" would help me, but it's not really possible for me right now with a 3 year old and an 8 month old. I make the phone calls when I can, usually during nap time for the baby and while my 3 year old is occupied with something. But to see the work pay off is GREAT!

I also know some people feel the hourly rate we've seen on various flyers isn't totally accurate, especially if you factor in time you spend on your business outside of shows. Comparing this to an "outside of the home" job is tough to do because you're comparing apples to oranges in a lot of cases. I know I make lots of phone calls (customer care calls, BIG MAC calls, trying-to-secure-booking calls) while I'm doing things around the house....unloading the dishwasher, folding laundry, watering flowers, cooking, cleaning up around the house, etc. I have gotten better at multi-tasking, so having a job like PC allows me to do that. Obviously I couldn't do that if I worked a different job outside the home. That's the advantage of working out of the home in many respects. That's where the flexibility of this job pays off in many ways. It's hard to put a dollar value on that.

I disagree that many PTers won't make a profit their first year. I know I did, but it's also something you get better at. There's ways to cut corners on business expenses. I've seen consultants who have REALLY terrific businesses and they don't do a lot of "bells and whistles" with their supplies or shows. A lot of it depends on how you can make a minimum amount of "extras" work for you. It definitely is an art that gets easier with experience.

Plus, I agree that using your business as a tax deduction is a great way to do it. I"ve been much more diligent about keeping track of mileage and expenses. It really does add up and helps come tax time. I'm sure there are even more ways I can make my business pay off even more for me. I learn more tips every year. This was just my two cents worth! :)

janel kelly said:
AMTC,
Where in Florida did you move to?

Brevard County-Cocoa to be exact.

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. Our mission is to help people discover new recipes, techniques, and products to simplify cooking at home.

2. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up on our website or through an existing consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the tools and resources you need to get started. You can then start hosting parties and selling products to earn commissions.

3. Can I still work a full-time job while being a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, being a Pampered Chef consultant is a flexible side hustle that you can do in your spare time. You can choose your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. Many of our consultants balance their Pampered Chef business with other jobs or responsibilities.

4. How much can I earn as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Your earnings as a Pampered Chef consultant will depend on your sales and the number of parties you host. On average, consultants earn around 20-25% commission on their sales. There are also opportunities for bonuses and incentives, such as free products and trips.

5. What support and training does Pampered Chef offer to consultants?

Pampered Chef provides comprehensive training and support to help you succeed as a consultant. We offer online training materials, mentorship programs, and regular meetings and conferences. We also have a dedicated consultant support team to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • delightfulkitchen
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Love Lauren