• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tell Me What You Know About the Megabus. They Are Offering $1 Rates

In summary, the Megabus is a popular and affordable transportation option for attending conferences in Chicago. Many people have had positive experiences using it, with round trip prices ranging from $1 to $35. Luggage restrictions and the double decker seating arrangement are important considerations. Despite a 6 hour travel time, many find it worth it due to the cost savings and convenience. However, it is not available in all areas, such as North Carolina.
DebinIA
Gold Member
Tell me what you know about the Megabus. They are offering $1 rates from my home town to Chicago...talk about a cheap way to attend Conference!!

Has anyone used them from a different city to Chicago? How was the experience?

Thanks!
D

Re: MegabusWe have taken the mega bus from Cincinnati for the past 3 years and it has been a great experience. We have never gotten $1 trips but no more than $35 round trip.

Re: MegabusI've gone the last 2 years from Indy... The most I've paid is $20 roundtrip. Totally worth it! We usually get the double decker. If you do, sit on the top floor... you are away from the bathrooms that way. Take snacks and drinks... they might stop somewhere but usually not.

Re: MegabusI've taken it from Detroit for the past 4 or 5 years (since the first year they offered service). Can't beat the price! And the Detroit-Chicago route always makes a stop about halfway for food and restrooms. Make sure you read their luggage guidelines. Last year I saw someone turned away from the bus because they had too much luggage. The bus is usually full (at least on this route), so expect it to be loud, too.

Re: MegabusOur group took it from Toledo last year for the first time and realized that is truly the way to travel! It was great. There were so many PC Consultants on the bus it was like one large cluster meeting. I have made my reservation for this year and the price is $25 round trip....$1 is great! I'd say go for it.

Re: MegabusI saw that on the news last night. I'm not sure how long your trips are but from here it's 6 hours, would that be worth it?

Re: MegabusTotally worth it in my opinion. I booked 4 seats and may book more today if I can get through on the site...seems we might have crashed it!! If you look at the numbers, it usually costs $90 in gas, $27/day parking plus wear/tear on the car. So I can easily see how I'm saving over $100 by taking the bus.
D

Re: Megabus
wadesgirl said:
I saw that on the news last night. I'm not sure how long your trips are but from here it's 6 hours, would that be worth it?

For that price, 6 hours would be nothing! Even if you fly, you're going to spend that much in travel time anyway between check-in, security, flight, etc....and spend a lot more $$.

Take an iPod, a good book, etc. Sounds like it would be a lot safer and better than the old Greyhound way *yikes- that can be scary*!

Re: MegabusYou are limited to ONE suitcase plus a small carry on. The bus is a double decker. The upper portion is just seats and the lower has seats and some tables that sit 4. They do stop half way for a 30 minute rest. The travel goes very fast...we all talk the whole time! The 6 hours would be worth it in my opinion. Taking into account gas, tolls and parking in Chicago is horribly expensive and you never move your car. So much better to leave the driving to someone else.

DebinIA said:
Totally worth it in my opinion. I booked 4 seats and may book more today if I can get through on the site...seems we might have crashed it!! If you look at the numbers, it usually costs $90 in gas, $27/day parking plus wear/tear on the car. So I can easily see how I'm saving over $100 by taking the bus.
D

You mean like the broken side mirror from last year?! :D

wadesgirl said:
You mean like the broken side mirror from last year?! :D

Yup. But we aren't taking Army Barbie this year, so I doubt we'd have any issues with her running into the pole at McCormick Place!! That little folly cost me $200+!!

Woot, woot! I'm excited to take the bus!

DebinIA said:
Yup. But we aren't taking Army Barbie this year, so I doubt we'd have any issues with her running into the pole at McCormick Place!! That little folly cost me $200+!!

Woot, woot! I'm excited to take the bus!

I forgot all about Army Barbie! Hmmm... wonder if I can think of something else to entertain me during the week!

Got my tickets too, only $6 for the round trip! I think it will cost more in gas just to get to the pick up point!

Re: MegabusToo bad they don't run that from NC. I have a consultant who could really use the savings!

BethCooks4U said:
Too bad they don't run that from NC. I have a consultant who could really use the savings!

You never know, they just started doing that this year from our town.

Re: MegabusI just checked. Trip out is $5 on Monday, leaving at 8 a.m. and arriving by 2. Trip back is $15, and that's leaving at 4:15 and getting home at midnight. Could save $10 if I rode through the night or left before the last session on Friday.I'm not 100 percent sure about ANYTHING conference-related (the hotel and registration appear to be the priciest parts of the trip) but will definitely check with my clustermates. If the drop off is anywhere near the hotels, that would be a major bonus.I DO hope they have restrooms on board!

Re: MegabusA restroom is on the bus

Re: MegabusI wanted to put in another 2¢... my NED takes the MegaBus to conference. If it's good enough for a NED, it's good enough for anyone.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I just checked. Trip out is $5 on Monday, leaving at 8 a.m. and arriving by 2. Trip back is $15, and that's leaving at 4:15 and getting home at midnight. Could save $10 if I rode through the night or left before the last session on Friday.

I'm not 100 percent sure about ANYTHING conference-related (the hotel and registration appear to be the priciest parts of the trip) but will definitely check with my clustermates. If the drop off is anywhere near the hotels, that would be a major bonus.

I DO hope they have restrooms on board!

Union Station is about 3 blocks from the Chicgo Hilton and a quick cab ride to any of the other hotels.

1. What is the Megabus?

The Megabus is a budget bus service that offers transportation to various cities across the United States and Canada. It is known for its affordable fares, starting at just $1, and comfortable amenities such as free WiFi and power outlets.

2. How can I book a $1 rate on the Megabus?

To book a $1 rate on the Megabus, you can visit their official website or download their mobile app. Keep in mind that $1 fares are limited and must be booked in advance.

3. Are there any additional fees or taxes when booking a $1 Megabus ticket?

Yes, there may be additional fees and taxes when booking a $1 Megabus ticket. These fees can include a booking fee, service charge, and taxes, which vary depending on the destination and travel date.

4. What are the amenities offered on the Megabus?

The Megabus offers various amenities such as free WiFi, power outlets, restrooms, and reclining seats. Some buses also have overhead storage for luggage and wheelchair accessibility.

5. Is the Megabus a reliable and safe mode of transportation?

Yes, the Megabus is a reliable and safe mode of transportation. The company has a good safety record and their buses are regularly inspected. They also have experienced and trained drivers to ensure a safe journey for their passengers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • bearydutch
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • chefann