• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tell Me About the New Roaster and Glass Lid

In summary, the new Covered Roaster is a great option for cooking larger items on the stovetop. The microwave safe lid is a great addition.
darlinclem
Gold Member
For those who went to Fall Launch, tell me about the new Roaster. Weight? Size? I know the lid is glass but what is the base? Is the lid microwave safe? What do you think of it?

I think its awesome. The bottom is made out of light weight cast iron aluminum. The bottom part was really lighter than I expected. The top is microwave safe!

i am excited about it too! there are rivets on the pan itself as spacers so that when the lid is in place it doesn't lock down from condensation and the meat will roast and not stew. love that the lid is useable as its own pan - both fit in a standard oven side by side, making it great for a crowd and i am excited about it for power cooking, too - meat in the pan, sides in the lid/pan - fits inside each other for more compact storage, but really a nice size.

How is it in size compared to the DCB? Do you think this is the non-stoneware version? Maybe to offer something for those opposed to stone?

One thing that was different was the fact that you can use the bottom on the stove top like a skillet!

It's about 1/2 the size of the big roaster

It's close to the same size as the DCB
The roaster is 12 3/4 x 8 3/4 x 3 1/4.
The lid is 12 1/4 x 7 3/4 x 2 3/4.DCB is 12 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 5 1/2.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
It's close to the same size as the DCB 12 3/4 x 8 3/4 x 3 1/4 (lid is 12 1/4 x 7 3/4 x 2 3/4). DCB is12 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 5 1/2.

Confused -- ;)

BethCooks4U said:
It's close to the same size as the DCB
The roaster is 12 3/4 x 8 3/4 x 3 1/4.
The lid is 12 1/4 x 7 3/4 x 2 3/4.

DCB is 12 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 5 1/2.

So the roaster is about 1 inch narrower, and 2 inches shallower. Not too bad.

Does anyone have any recipe ideas for the new Covered Roaster? I am not creative by any means so I need some recipes to make this thing sell!

One of the negatives for this product is that the majority of things I can think to cook in it take much longer than a normal demo at a party would take. Like roasts, mashed potatoes, etc.

morgieloo88 said:
One of the negatives for this product is that the majority of things I can think to cook in it take much longer than a normal demo at a party would take. Like roasts, mashed potatoes, etc.

I don't think I would use it for a demo. I believe that the key selling point is that it can be used on the stovetop. Those that make pot roasts know what a HUGE deal that is to be able to sear off the roast prior to putting it in the oven. The other big selling point is that glass lid. That is microwave safe, can hold an entire side dish, great lid, easy to clean, stores inside the roaster for space savings......etc......

Brenda.the.chef said:
I don't think I would use it for a demo. I believe that the key selling point is that it can be used on the stovetop. Those that make pot roasts know what a HUGE deal that is to be able to sear off the roast prior to putting it in the oven. The other big selling point is that glass lid. That is microwave safe, can hold an entire side dish, great lid, easy to clean, stores inside the roaster for space savings......etc......

Good point. I do my pot roasts in a dutch oven so I can take it from stovetop to oven in one dish

i think i am going to give the power cooking a try using this pan (try @ home first) - might have great potential right now to do the meat on the stovetop using it, and make a side in the microwave or oven while doing the rest... in october this might be a fun option to offer to show it used outside of the oven

morgieloo88 said:
That's where "word pictures" will come into play. Just talk about all of the things you DO use it for....make their mouths water, make them envision using it in their kitchen when they make the same things (think basic recipes that alot of people might cook). How it can be handy for the Holiday cooking and can fit both sides into the oven, etc They can use the Roaster/lid in the oven for 2 dishes, the DCB in the microwave for a 3rd (the Arborio Rice dish from last fall's SB. yum!) A ham or small chicken/turkey breast in the roaster bottom, and a veggie in the lid. You have a holiday meal! I have a hard time cooking my meals like that to come out around the same times! This will be great for that.So TALK about it, give them visions of using it in their own kitchen. They would know HOW to use it, now you just talk about "WHAT" and the features/benefits of using THIS pan, versus the way we've been doing it most likely.

1. What are the dimensions of the new roaster and glass lid?

The roaster measures 16.5 inches by 13 inches and has a depth of 3 inches. The glass lid is designed to fit perfectly on top.

2. Is the roaster oven safe?

Yes, the roaster and glass lid are both oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it perfect for roasting meats, baking casseroles, and more.

3. Can the glass lid be used on other cookware?

Yes, the glass lid is designed to fit the new roaster perfectly but can also be used on other cookware with similar dimensions. It is not recommended for use on stovetops or in the microwave.

4. How many quarts does the roaster hold?

The roaster has a capacity of 6 quarts, making it great for cooking large meals for the whole family or for meal prepping.

5. Is the roaster and glass lid dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the roaster and glass lid are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. It is recommended to place them on the top rack for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • crissy11
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies