• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Team National: My Experience with a Pyramid Scheme

In summary, the person did not like the company because the orientation was not clear and they did not like the way that they were recruiting.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
As a favor to a good customer of mine, I went to her house today to let her and her uplines show me her new business. I tried to be nice, but couldn't think of anything possitive to say. Over $2000 to get started with nothing in return except a membership to a savings club that they hope you will get all of your friends to also join. The only way I saw to make income is by recruits.
Has anyone else ever heard of "Team National"?
Everything that I've ever heard of about piramid companies seemed to be the way they do business.

I never heard of Team National, per se, but if you don't feel it's the right opportunity for you, don't feel pressured to join. In fact, if there's any pressure, it's definitely not a legitimate opportunity.

My upline director did this. Well, her husband signed up since she couldn't as a director with PC even though she did the "work" (I believe they said you're supposed to sign up as a couple). Eventually she gave up her PC directorship and just a few months later they weren't doing that either.

I would run, not walk, from that opportunity but of course, there are those that will do well with it...

ETA: If it's not for you then just tell them that you are happy doing PC and you want to concentrate on that. They should be able to respect that.

Ever since I became a PC consultant, I have found many more opportunities to do things in DS. I found that none of them WOWd me like PC. I think the major part was the mere fact that my gut instinct told me not to do it. If you don't feel it, you certainly can not sell it. It is the same with PC. You just gotta feel it otherwise it is only a "job" and we all know how that works! It ends up costing us. If not monetarily, emotionally.

Google "Team National Scam" and read for yourself. Looks like several different links with warnings about the company. I didn't read through them all. ;)

Go with your gut...and Beth's suggested response is a good one.

Sheila said:
Google "Team National Scam" and read for yourself. Looks like several different links with warnings about the company. I didn't read through them all. ;)

To be honest, you can google Pampered Chef Scam and find many articles as well. But yes....I don't trust "those" companies :D

One thing that I didn't like from the start was after the talk and video the man doing the talking pulls out two applications (there were two of us there) and brings us to the table like we were obligated to sign up.
Thank you for your input. I'm totally satisfied with putting 100% of my efforts into PC. I'm not planning on joining any other company.

I have also been to one of these orientations because a friend asked me too. What I didn't like was that they don't tell you anything until you get there. They have you listen to a recording about how much money you can make and that is it. They have a very specific way of recruiting that I didn't like. I'm sorry but if it's that great then why not tell the potentials up front about the company? And then they have to call someone else up to explain their success to you... Way to much time convincing... Not for me either...

1. What is Team National and how does it operate?

Team National is a multi-level marketing company that offers memberships for discounts on a variety of products and services. Members can also earn commissions by recruiting others to join the company.

2. Is Team National a legitimate company or a pyramid scheme?

Team National has been in operation since 1997 and is a legitimate company. However, it has been accused of operating as a pyramid scheme by some critics due to its emphasis on recruitment and potential for members to earn more from recruiting than from selling products.

3. What is the cost to join Team National?

The cost to join Team National varies depending on the type of membership. The standard membership is $795, while the premium membership is $2,195. There are also annual renewal fees for both memberships.

4. What products and services can I get discounts on with Team National?

Team National offers discounts on a wide range of products and services, including travel, home goods, health and wellness, and business services. The specific discounts and offers may vary, but members can access them through the company's website.

5. Can I make money with Team National?

Yes, it is possible to make money with Team National by earning commissions from recruiting new members and selling products. However, success and earnings may vary and are not guaranteed. It is important to thoroughly research and understand the company's business model before joining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Tracie
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies