• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Incorporate the Color Purple into a Charity Cooking Show?

In summary, Joanna is looking for some ideas for a cooking show that will feature purple as the main color. She is raising money for leukemia and lymphoma society, so she is looking for something that is fun and has a connection to the color purple. Some ideas that came to mind are a purple punch, truffle cupcakes, and a quiz on Dr. Oz Show about purple foods.
Boomerjojo
Need some ideas please....I have a host that wants a cooking show but wants a theme with the color purple. She is raising money for leukemia and lymphoma society so since their color is purple she thought it would be fun. She is leaving all the ideas up to me so I can do whatever I wish. Thanks in advance for any ideas. The show is in September.

Joanna

Have you ever made a dump cake in the deep covered baker? I bet one of those using blackberries or blackberry pie filling would be awesome and have a purple-ish color! You could also tie in a salad using beets or radishes or something along those lines. I think it would also be important to have the recipes be semi-healthy since a big portion of beating cancer is a healthy diet. Good luck! It's a great cause!

The first two things that came to mind when I read this is a purple punch, and truffle cupcakes.

The purple punch can be made very simply by making grape kool aide, and then adding sprite or ginger ale.

The truffle cupcakes are in the Simply Sweet Cookbook I think. Using a white cake mix or make your own as the recipe directs,Follow the recipe, but tint the cake batter pruple with food coloring before baking. Then the cakes would be purple.

Other purple foods include, purple fleshed potatoes, onions (also known as a red onion), grapes, and plums. Much harder to find foods include asparagus and corn.

I just googled "purple foods" and got these three sites that showed some promise:

This one might be inspirational:
http://www.ifood.tv/blog/how-purple-foods-ward-off-degenerative-diseases
and this is from Dr. Oz Show, which might be useful for research for the show (maybe a quiz during your show?):
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/power-purple-foods
and here is a picture with various purple foods which might also help you:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lFwqQXkMas4/UHJLsESxNlI/AAAAAAAANF8/vJWfJp3ybNY/s1600/Purple-Foods[1].jpg

Thanks everyone for the ideas! Going to try these out to see what is the best fit for me!

What is Team in Training?

Team in Training is a fundraising program created by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It combines fitness training with a goal of completing an endurance event such as a marathon, triathlon, or cycling event, while raising money for blood cancer research.

How do I join Team in Training?

To join Team in Training, you can visit our website and find an event near you. Once you register, you will receive access to training resources and a personal fundraising page to help you reach your goals.

What events can I participate in with Team in Training?

Team in Training offers a variety of events including marathons, half marathons, triathlons, cycling events, and hiking adventures. You can choose the event that best fits your fitness level and personal goals.

Do I have to be an athlete to participate in Team in Training?

No, you do not have to be an athlete to participate in Team in Training. Our program is designed for people of all fitness levels, from beginners to experienced athletes. Our coaches will work with you to create a personalized training plan that fits your abilities.

How much money do I have to raise to participate in Team in Training?

The fundraising goal for Team in Training varies depending on the event and location. However, our average participant raises $2,000. We provide resources and support to help you reach your fundraising goal, and many participants find that it is easier than they expected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alc1004
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • I Have the Tools
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies