• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ohio Consultants: Help Needed for PreK-3 Teacher Job Search

In summary, this person is a journalist who is not connected to the schools but has information about them.
twopamperedchefs
Hey all.
This is specifically directed to Ohio Consultants. I am a prek-3 certified teacher with three years of experience and my masters. I'm currently subbing, but REALLY need a full-time job for the fall. Does anyone have any connections in districts around/between Canton and Cleveland? I'm super stressed about finding a job in a good district as they are truly hard to find. Too few jobs and too many teachers! :) Anyway, I just thought I'd give it a try on here so if anyone has an info for me it would be great!

--Abby

Hi Abby
wish I could help...I currently sub as well...though I never have been a certified teacher...I do have my masters in Education but not specifically in the classroom...I love my sub job...work when I want, and say no when I have to...
My hubby is a principal for Firelands school district (south amherst middle school) but that doesn't help you much...his is 5th -8th..
I wish you well! If the schools would just get rid of some of those teachers who don't deserve to be in the positions and take ones like you...they'd be all set.

Hi Abby,

I can't help you, but I wanted to say hello from Medina! My daughter will probably be starting K in the Fall in the Medina City School district, which is supposed to be very good. The Highland schools are also supposed to be good. I hope you get a great job soon! I know the Medina schools are getting overcrowded, but I don't know if they are looking for more teachers yet... They are supposed to be building more elementary schools soon.

Good luck, Annabel

Do you have praxis 3? if so you will have a better shot... I subbed for a year after I had my license 3 before and was very lucky to get a job the beginning of the year. we are hiring 2 teachers (not where you want) but had a couple hundred applications. It really helps to know someone but if not you have to have a great resume and be great at interviewing. GOOD LUCK!

Its difficult all over. I taught in 2005-06, quit there and havent taught since. I did not like the district I was in.

NJ has too many teachers, not enough jobs!

Yeah, I'm on my 5-year cert. :) Annabel: Medina looks like such a nice areas and I have heard wonderful things about the schools there. I've been keeping a regular watch on their job board. :)
Kreaser: My boyfriend interviewed for a job at Frielands med. center, in Sandusky. So it's good to know that your hubby is a principal in the area. I'll let you know if I might be heading that direction, but at this point we're probably staying around North Canton (that's where I am now). Thanks everyone for the info. It is all about the connections so I'll have to keep updating the thread as I find posted positions. :)

Good luck on your job search. I hear that it is VERY hard to get a PreK - 3 job. With the new No Child Left Behind Regulations it has made it so that we have an overload of PreK-3 teachers and many that are just coming out of college have a very difficult time finding a job. Even subbing and a connection in a district isn't helping much. My MIL works for Mentor and she told me that they got 204 applications for 1 elementary position. If you can do a Title 1 or Special Ed you might have a better chance finding something. Good luck and keep us updated. :chef:

ETA: I only know so much about this becuase I am going to school to get my teaching degree. I wanted to be certified PreK-8 and then realized that no matter what my degree said I was certified for Ohio would only license me PreK-3. I opted to get my degree for Secondary Math.

Last edited:
Abby~

Sorry to say, I don't have any connections, but I wanted to say HI!! I am so close to you...just over in Hartville! Who's cluster are you in? (Sorry to hijack your thread!)

Well, I have no connections in the schools exactly ... but I do have intel as a journalist!In the Rootstown school district, EIGHT elementary teachers have retired. I know they hired a bunch of teachers, but I don't think they hired all 8. (Most of the teachers took a buy-out and agreed to retire so the district could replace them with first year teachers.I know of retirements in the Southeast district (and non-renewals) but I am pretty sure those involve all principals and teachers of older kids.P.S. Are we clustermates? My (new) director is in Canal Fulton ...

1. What are the qualifications needed to become an Ohio consultant for the PreK-3 teacher job search?

To become an Ohio consultant for the PreK-3 teacher job search, you must have a valid teaching license in the state of Ohio and a minimum of three years of teaching experience in PreK-3 education. You must also be knowledgeable about the job market and hiring practices in the state.

2. What is the role of an Ohio consultant in the PreK-3 teacher job search?

An Ohio consultant for the PreK-3 teacher job search serves as a resource and guide for teachers seeking employment in the state. They provide support and assistance in job search strategies, resume and cover letter writing, and interview preparation. They also offer advice on navigating the Ohio education system and connecting with potential employers.

3. How can I apply to become an Ohio consultant for the PreK-3 teacher job search?

If you meet the qualifications, you can apply to become an Ohio consultant by submitting an application on the Pampered Chef website. The application will require you to provide your education and teaching experience, as well as any relevant skills or certifications. You may also be asked to submit a resume and cover letter.

4. Is there any training provided for Ohio consultants for the PreK-3 teacher job search?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides training for all Ohio consultants to ensure they are knowledgeable and equipped to support teachers in their job search. The training may include information on the Ohio education system, job market trends, and effective job search strategies.

5. How long does it take to become an Ohio consultant for the PreK-3 teacher job search?

The length of time it takes to become an Ohio consultant for the PreK-3 teacher job search may vary. The application process may take a few weeks, and training can take a few days to complete. However, the actual time it takes to become a successful consultant will depend on the individual's dedication and effort in supporting teachers and building their network in the education community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • minirottie
  • General Chat
Replies