• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Ask My Child's Teacher for a Wish List?

In summary, my daughters teacher mentioned that she loves PC and has some products that she doesn't like to ask for gifts, but I assured her that I just wanted to get her something she could get some use out of instead of yet another "apple gift". Jessica thinks its rude to send a wish list to other parents, and I agree with her. If you want to reach the parent's in your daughter's class, don't include the teacher.
jchesley
I asked my daughters teacher if she would want to look at a catalog and give me a wish list for Christmas gift ideas. She mentioned that she loves PC and has some products. She told me she doesn't like to ask for gifts, but I assured her that I just wanted to get her something she could get some use out of instead of yet another "apple gift".

I had originally planned on sending her wish list to other parents, in case they were looking for ideas to give her as well. I just don't want to make her feel awkward. Do you think any parents would take it as her asking for gifts?

Jessica

What about putting some generic teacher suggestions out for the classmates, like the bar board, apple wedger, and an apple all wrapped up?

A loaf of bread with the serrated bread knife?

Cutting board with a knife, note saying "Thanks for making me so "sharp""

jchesley said:
I asked my daughters teacher if she would want to look at a catalog and give me a wish list for Christmas gift ideas. She mentioned that she loves PC and has some products. She told me she doesn't like to ask for gifts, but I assured her that I just wanted to get her something she could get some use out of instead of yet another "apple gift".

I had originally planned on sending her wish list to other parents, in case they were looking for ideas to give her as well. I just don't want to make her feel awkward. Do you think any parents would take it as her asking for gifts?

Jessica

Honestly, I think it would be rude to send a wish list to other parents. Seriously. Think about it. Sending a wish list to to other parents? If I recieved a letter from a child's mother with a wish list from the teacher (which the teacher did not okay you sending out), I would never ever want anything to do with that woman! I know this sounds really harsh, but I think you would really be turning people off. I think getting her a nice gift from you is very nice and a great idea to let the teacher know about PC, but sending a letter with items the teacher likes is EXTREMELY TACKY and crosses so many lines and seems so selfish.

Crossing the line with your direct sales buisness is one of my biggest pet peeves. I love selling PC and I love telling people about it, but you can't bother people like that. Its rude and leaves a bad taste in peoples' mouths.

If you want to reach the parent's in your daughter's class, don't include the teacher. Its rude and unfair to her, even if she loves PC. I think the best way to reach new potential hosts is through shows! Just keep on having fun at your shows and let people expierence the fun and benefits of a show. Don't turn your child's teacher's Christmas gifts into a profit for you.

I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh. I realize you just want to get out there more, but this is not a good idea.

Sheesh, I guess you told me! I wasn't trying to just make a profit on her gifts. I just know as a parent that I have a hard time picking teacher gifts because I have had many teachers tell me that they have way to many "apple gifts". What else do you buy for them when you don't really know their personal interests? The other next no-brainer gift, is a gift certificate right? Well I have also seen teachers just give away those gift cards because they get so many.

I respect your opinion, but I don't think you had to attack and insult me.

Jessica

jchesley said:
Sheesh, I guess you told me! I wasn't trying to just make a profit on her gifts. I just know as a parent that I have a hard time picking teacher gifts because I have had many teachers tell me that they have way to many "apple gifts". What else do you buy for them when you don't really know their personal interests? The other next no-brainer gift, is a gift certificate right? Well I have also seen teachers just give away those gift cards because they get so many.

I respect your opinion, but I don't think you had to attack and insult me.

Jessica
Jessica don't sweat it. I'm sure you were just trying to do something nice for a great teacher. I know it's difficult to give something that will actually get used. Otherwise you are just waisting your money. I know teachers are usually gracious in whatever they get. maybe you could let it Slip that she mentioned a few products she liked to some parents. I wouldn't pass a list around because it could be construed that she was requesting gifts. Remember not all parents are able or interested in gift-giving to their teachers. Keep your spirits up and know that you were thinknig of someone else. Look at it this way at least you will be able to get her what she really wants.:)

I wouldn't pass around a list, but if any of the other parents asked what/if you were getting her, I'd tell them. Ask if they have a gift yet & let them know that you know of a few other things she likes from PC.

As a former teacher, I would have LOVED to have gotten something I could use! I have a bathroom cabinet FULL of soaps & lotions & bath stuff, and a family room cabinet filled with candles!

1. What is the Teacher Wish List program?

The Teacher Wish List program is a way for educators to create a list of items they need for their classroom and share it with their community. It allows individuals to support teachers by purchasing items directly from their wish list.

2. How do I find a teacher's wish list?

To find a teacher's wish list, you can visit our website and click on the "Teacher Wish List" tab. From there, you can search for a specific teacher or browse through the available lists by school or subject.

3. Can I purchase items from a teacher's wish list for multiple teachers?

Yes, you can purchase items from multiple teachers' wish lists. Simply add the desired items to your cart and proceed to checkout. You will have the option to specify which teacher each item is for.

4. Can I make a donation instead of purchasing items?

Yes, you can make a donation to a teacher's wish list. On the wish list page, you will see an option to donate towards a teacher's list. You can choose to donate any amount and it will go towards fulfilling their wishes.

5. How do I know if a teacher's wish list has been fulfilled?

Once a teacher's wish list has been fulfilled, it will be marked as such on our website. You can also contact the teacher directly to confirm if their wishes have been fulfilled. If there are any remaining items on the list, you can still purchase them to provide additional support for the teacher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
PampMomof3