• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tea Time Treats: Ideas for a Tea Party Theme Show

In summary, the host wants to do a tea party theme for her show and the person writing the summary suggests mini quiches. There are several recipes available online and one for cucumber sandwiches. There are also recipes for savory vegetable mini quiches.
pamperedchef07
Gold Member
I am doing a show Oct 16 and the host wants to do a tea party theme. Any suggestions as what to make. I thought brownie bites, perfitiole (sp) puffs, but I don't know. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated.

pamperedchef07 said:
I am doing a show Oct 16 and the host wants to do a tea party theme. Any suggestions as what to make. I thought brownie bites, perfitiole (sp) puffs, but I don't know. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated.

Mini Quiches, there are several different recipes in the cookbooks. And what about little cucumber sandwiches or something like that. I know that there are some recipes with sliced cucumber sandwiches just can't think of what exactly they are... I have a slight headache and can't quite focus, but you can do a search on the CC or maybe someone else will remember what I'm talking about.

Here are a few recipes that I found on CC. I also remembered the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, that would be a good tea party kind of recipe, I think... Unless she's thinking more of the sweet tea party kind of recipes, then none of these would work! Sorry! Anything mini and finger size....

Cucumber Party Canapes
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon lemon zest

1 cucumber
1 loaf Canape French Bread, sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

Directions:

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed and lemon zest; mix well. Cut cucumber crosswise into 3 equal sections. Peel, seed and coarsely chop one cucumber section. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Thinly slice remaining cucumber sections using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut each slice in half. Slice canape bread into eighteen 1/2-inch slices using Serrated Bread Knife.
3. To assemble canapes, place 1 scoop cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice using Small Scoop, spreading evenly. Top each canape with 1 cucumber slice and 1 tomato half. Serve immediately.

Yield: 18 canapes

Nutrients per serving: (1 canape): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Lemon Pepper Crab Canapés

Submitted by RINI

Ingredients:

Canapé Bread
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough

Filling
1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped

1 can (5 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped

1 lemon

1 green onion with top, thinly sliced

1 small carrot, grated

1/3 cup light mayonnaise

2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix

1 cucumber, sliced

Fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:
1. For canapé bread, preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray inside of a bread tube and lids with vegetable oil. Place lid on bottom of bread tube; fill tube with dough. Place lid on top. Bake, upright, 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into 1/4-inch slices.

2. For filling, chop crabmeat and water chestnuts. Zest lemon with to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Slice green onion. Grate carrot. In a bowl, combine crabmeat, water chestnuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, green onion, carrot, mayonnaise, and seasoning mix; mix well.

3. Score cucumber lengthwise at 1/2-inch intervals. Cut cucumber in half crosswise; remove seeds. Slice cucumber. Arrange bread slices on a round platter; top each bread slice with 1 cucumber slice. Place one scoop crab mixture in center of each cucumber slice. If desired, garnish with small leaves of fresh parsley. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: (Light) (1 canapé): Calories 110, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper can be substituted for the Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix.

To serve crab salad on toasted canapé bread slices, preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bread slices in single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely. Proceed as recipe directs.

Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches
Ingredients:
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini

1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 green onion with top, sliced
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove, pressed
Dash of ground black pepper

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Lightly spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Whisk milk and eggs in Classic Batter Bowl.
2. Chop bacon, zucchini and mushrooms using Food Chopper. Add bacon, zucchini, mushrooms, green onion, cheese, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and black pepper to batter bowl; set aside.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll one crust to a 12-inch circle using Baker's Roller™. Using Scalloped Bread Tube, cut out 12 pastry pieces. Press one pastry piece into each muffin cup using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining crust to fill remaining muffin cups.
4. Using Small Scoop, fill each muffin cup with a rounded scoop of vegetable mixture. Bake 17-20 minutes or until crusts are light golden brown. Cool in pan 2 minutes; carefully remove mini quiches from pan. Serve warm.

Yield: 24 appetizers

Nutrients per serving: (1 mini quiche): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 110 mg, Fiber 0 g

Mmm, these look yummy! I don't think I've ever tried them - thanks for posting!

I used to do Tea Parties at my cafe and many of the recipes I used were PC. Just look on CC!

Wow, those are yummy suggestions....thanks for posting!

Scones are easy to make! You could do sweet or savory scones, depending onwhat kind of tea you are hosting.

I did a tea party the other day with my dc. We ended up making lemon tea cakes to go with our "English" tea. PC has a mini lemon cake recipe that it does in the prep bowls. For simplicity sake and because my ds didn't want lemon slices on his cake, we did a non PC lemon tea cake with a light glaze recipe that I found on the web. It was wonderful!!! Even my dh raved about it. It was supposed to be made in a loaf pan, but I did them in the 12-cup muffin pan instead. If I had had the silicone floral cupcake pan which just arrived today (Yeah!!), I would have done them in that. If you are wanting bite size, you could easily make them in the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan. Just a thought.

Blessings,
Tracy

tracyt said:
I did a tea party the other day with my dc. We ended up making lemon tea cakes to go with our "English" tea. PC has a mini lemon cake recipe that it does in the prep bowls. For simplicity sake and because my ds didn't want lemon slices on his cake, we did a non PC lemon tea cake with a light glaze recipe that I found on the web. It was wonderful!!! Even my dh raved about it. It was supposed to be made in a loaf pan, but I did them in the 12-cup muffin pan instead. If I had had the silicone floral cupcake pan which just arrived today (Yeah!!), I would have done them in that. If you are wanting bite size, you could easily make them in the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan. Just a thought.

Blessings,
Tracy

We have a Lemon Tartlets recipe that is awesome! It's in the Delightful Desserts cookbook and it uses the MMP... if you don't have the recipe let me know and I'll type it up for you....

1. What kind of treats do you recommend for a tea party?

For a tea party, we recommend a mix of sweet and savory treats. Some popular options include finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, mini quiches, macarons, and tea cakes. You can also get creative and incorporate themed treats such as tea-shaped cookies or floral cupcakes.

2. Can you accommodate dietary restrictions for the tea party treats?

Yes, we offer a variety of recipes and products that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. We also have alternative options for ingredients such as almond milk or gluten-free flour to use in the recipes.

3. Do you have any suggestions for decorating the table for a tea party?

A tea party is all about the ambiance, so we recommend incorporating elements such as vintage teacups, floral centerpieces, and lace tablecloths. You can also add a personal touch by creating homemade place cards or using fun tea party-themed decor.

4. Is it necessary to have a specific type of tea for a tea party?

Not at all! While traditional black teas are commonly served at tea parties, you can choose any type of tea that you and your guests enjoy. We also have a variety of tea blends and flavors to choose from, including herbal and fruit teas.

5. Can you provide tips for hosting a successful tea party?

Of course! We recommend prepping as much as possible beforehand and keeping the menu simple. Don't forget to brew the tea properly and have hot water readily available. It's also a good idea to have a variety of tea options and treats to cater to different tastes. Lastly, don't stress and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcheframsey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bbenton4
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies