• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discussing the Tea Infusion Pitcher: Tips, Complaints, Praise & Ideas

In summary, the Tea Infusion Pitcher is a great product that has a lot of unique features. Customers can purchase the 1/2 gal or gal Quick Stir pitchers and use the Herb Infuser with the same results. The only downside is the price.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Tea Infusion Pitcher. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Again, I don't drink tea, but I am LOVING this! I am thinking not only just doing flavored water, but how about flavored hot chocolate! Raspberry or peppermint?! This will definitely be something I'll want to bring to shows so people can see it in person. It's really nice.

Berry-infused lemonade!

I love it, but it's expensive and has no warranty. For that price, I would think there would be more than a limited warranty.

I think with the latest craze of infused water to boost metabolism, this will be a hit. I am going to demo cucumbers, mint, and lemon in water as a dietary aid.
Also infused wine and sangria

great product but I think the price point will be killer on regular sales - host and discount sales are where I see this one

I love tea but who is going to pay $55 for that? Besides can't we just sell the infuser to do the same thing???

I don't know –*people pay $50+ for teapots all the time. I like that I can steep in this and then put in the fridge for iced tea. It doesn't seem too pricey to me when you look at tea shops and other direct sales companies.

Not a tea fan, don't like the price, too fat around where you hold, but...
SANGRIA BABY! That's how I will be marketing it!

Not sure about this item. At first I had sticker shock. But, I figure if someone loves te so much that they buy loose leaves then they'll probably love our Tea Infusion Pitcher. It has a lot of unique features all in one purchase. The zippered cozy is cute. My hope is they'll sell all of it for replacement parts...mainly the glass outer part. All of the other parts seem very durable.

The only thing I didn't like, I admit, was the fact that the infuser basket is acrylic. Why not glass or stainless?

Not a tea drinker and are loose tea leaves available in rural areas? I am not excited about the product but we will see what the customers think!

I thought the price on this was really high - it's only 1 qt. Customers can buy the 1/2 gal or gal Quick Stir pitchers and use the Herb Infuser with the same results (or even their own infuser). Can't say I was impressed with this one.

I like it but DANG is it pricey ... and it doesn't even hold 2 quarts?

And only a limited warranty?

I do like that it's glass because plastic can easily discolor.

I predict Bestie the Tea Drinker will get an infuser to go in her glass pitchers from the dollar store ...

baychef said:
Not a tea drinker and are loose tea leaves available in rural areas? I am not excited about the product but we will see what the customers think!

I live rural and before we got a specialty coffee shop, ordered loose leaf tea online because I love my oolong and others that way. I KNOW I will be using mine! I love that I can brew a larger amount of tea and then just refill instead of having to repeatedly brew. It is much quicker to reheat :)

For those that saw it, is the infuser for this larger than the silicone infuser? I don't use the silicone infuser and really don't like it because it is so narrow.

darlinclem said:
For those that saw it, is the infuser for this larger than the silicone infuser? I don't use the silicone infuser and really don't like it because it is so narrow.

It is bigger around than the silicone infuser. I'm very excited about this product too! I will most likely use it for tea, but will experiment with flavoring wine (sangria) or water with fruits.

I, too do not like the green infuser. It's too difficult to clean and doesn't hold enough items to infuse enough flavor for my personal tastes.

I like it but I don't like the price. I love the idea of sangria in it but when I mentioned this idea to someone else they don't think it'll be big enough for them to make sangria other than for 1 or 2 people.

We can't buy loose tea around here.

I bought this as a sample with the thought of giving it to my March host if her sales are high enough. She knows what her goal is. To really entice her, I had her take it home for the weekend and use it. She's a huge tea drinker.

She brought it back today. Had she liked it, she would still be playing with it. She tried five different loose teas ALL of them leaked into the drinking part of the vessel. She even tried using coffee filters to keep the finer teas in the infuser with no luck. It does work great with tea bags. Her complaint is that the holes in the infuser are too big for most teas. There is a reason why tea strainers are a fine mesh.

She was highly impressed that she could put boiling water in it, put on the jacket and carry and pour the liquid without burning herself.

She also tried it to make flavored water. She loved it for that purpose. For that, the infuser basket is perfect. She said it will be great for sangria and flavored waters but not for tea. :(

You should email HO about that. Maybe email the test kitchens and see what they say, too.

I did, I just wanted to let others know her experience. Haven't heard any other tea-making reviews on this yet.

I love loose leaf tea and made some in it the other day...ran the hot water through my Keurig machine and poured it into my pitcher over the infuser holding the loose leaf. It worked fine..nothing really leaked through. I put in 4 tsp of the tea. Put it in fridge to see how it would taste cold. I emptied the loose leaf after about 5 minutes and then put fresh blueberries in the infuser. Refrigerated it over nite...delicious!!!! The berries added great flavor and sweetness to the tea!!!!

Cool Ideas

tea infusior3085_n.jpg

Please tell me how you would infuse sangria?? Just can't picture it... I'm guessing you fill the pitcher with sangria and then fill the infuser with maybe berries?

BethCooks4U said:
Please tell me how you would infuse sangria?? Just can't picture it... I'm guessing you fill the pitcher with sangria and then fill the infuser with maybe berries?
Pour your wine and alcohols into the pitcher and fill the infuser with orange slices, apples, etc

I didn't realize sangria had other alcohols in it. What kind of dry red wine works best?

BethCooks4U said:
I didn't realize sangria had other alcohols in it. What kind of dry red wine works best?

You can use white or red wine - use a Spanish wine or if you are a wine drinker, use your favorite wine that you usually drink.

Here are two recipes by Emeril Lagasse. I made the red several years ago and it was very good! I think I used a Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir. I know I just used one of the ones sold in the grocery store - nothing fancy.

Red Sangria - Yields 1 1/2 quarts

Ingredients

1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur (recommended: triple sec or Grand Marnier)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 orange, thinly sliced
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water, chilled

Directions:

Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large plastic container or glass pitchers. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water.

White Sangria

Ingredients

2 (750-ml) bottles white Spanish wine, such as Albarino (Galacia), Viura (Rioja), Verdejo (Rueda), or Sauvignon Blanc
1/2 cup Spanish brandy
1/4 cup Spanish orange liqueur
1 cup pear juice
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup sliced pear
2 apricots, pit removed and sliced into thin wedges
2 peaches, pit removed and sliced into thin wedges
1/2 pound seedless white grapes
1 (750-ml) bottle Prosecco, chilled

Directions:

Combine the wine, brandy, orange liqueur, pear juice, and sugar in a large pitcher and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the fruit and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.

Stir in the Prosecco and serve the sangria in large wine glasses, over ice if desired.

so does anyone have any recipes for this product...breakfast drinks besides tea?
HO had to replace mine because the infuser would not stay in place. I discovered
one of the little plastic 'pegs' was broken off. I have not tried it, but I have had
a customer order it.

Looks yummy.

Strawberry Lemonade719981105_n.jpg

I love the idea of using it for sangria at a happy hour themed party!! :)

I bought my Tea Infusion Pitcher in March 2013. A week ago, my 1 year old got his hands on the plastic infusion piece and only dropped it about 4-6 inches onto the hardwood floors. A chunk cracked off from the top of the lower part of the basket. I contacted HO and they said there is no replacement piece I can buy and it is out of warranty. Not real happy about that at all. :( I won't buy another and I guess this one will become a vase.

I found it strange that they said it was out of warranty so I looked in the catalog. The Tea Infuser Pitcher and Timer have a "LTD" guarantee just like the Dots Glassware which I understand to mean that they will arrive not broken, but anything that happens after you get them in good condition is not covered at all. I wonder how many of our other products now have that kind of guarantee? It used to be that we could say everything in the catalog had at least a 1-year guarantee and many products had more than that. I guess that's not the case anymore.Shari in TX

Shari in TX said:
I found it strange that they said it was out of warranty so I looked in the catalog. The Tea Infuser Pitcher and Timer have a "LTD" guarantee just like the Dots Glassware which I understand to mean that they will arrive not broken, but anything that happens after you get them in good condition is not covered at all. I wonder how many of our other products now have that kind of guarantee? It used to be that we could say everything in the catalog had at least a 1-year guarantee and many products had more than that. I guess that's not the case anymore.Shari in TX
Yes, I actually was assuming I was safe to at least get a replacement part because it had not been a year yet, but I guess I missed the details of the guarantee - 30 days (is what I was told.) I did let them know I wasn't happy about that and if I had been trying to get the piece replaced for a customer, it would really be upsetting. I spoke with my upline and they agreed that it was a concern that should be addressed with HO.

The LTD comes on the glassware items. I think that's about the only thing with that type of guarantee. Also, the pantry products can't be returned because of food safety.

Shari in TX said:
I found it strange that they said it was out of warranty so I looked in the catalog. The Tea Infuser Pitcher and Timer have a "LTD" guarantee just like the Dots Glassware which I understand to mean that they will arrive not broken, but anything that happens after you get them in good condition is not covered at all. I wonder how many of our other products now have that kind of guarantee? It used to be that we could say everything in the catalog had at least a 1-year guarantee and many products had more than that. I guess that's not the case anymore.

Shari in TX

What are the benefits of using the Tea Infusion Pitcher?

The Tea Infusion Pitcher offers several benefits, including the ability to easily infuse loose leaf teas and fruits into water, creating flavorful and healthy beverages. It also has a large capacity, making it perfect for serving a group or for keeping hydrated throughout the day. The pitcher's durable construction and easy-to-clean design make it a convenient and long-lasting addition to any kitchen.

What are some common complaints about the Tea Infusion Pitcher?

Some customers have reported issues with the lid not staying securely in place, resulting in spills or leaks. Others have mentioned that the infuser basket can be difficult to clean, especially if small pieces of tea or fruit get stuck inside. Another common complaint is that the pitcher may not fit in some refrigerator doors due to its size.

What are customers saying about the Tea Infusion Pitcher?

Many customers have praised the Tea Infusion Pitcher for its ability to make delicious and refreshing beverages. They appreciate the large capacity and the convenience of being able to infuse their own ingredients. Some have mentioned that the pitcher is also great for making and serving iced tea. Overall, it has received mostly positive reviews from satisfied customers.

Do you have any tips for using the Tea Infusion Pitcher?

To prevent spills and leaks, make sure the lid is securely in place before pouring. To avoid difficulties with cleaning, rinse the infuser basket immediately after use and use a small brush to remove any stuck pieces. For best results, use finely ground loose leaf tea and cut fruits into small pieces before adding them to the infuser basket. Lastly, make sure to follow the recommended water-to-tea ratio for optimal flavor.

Do you have any ideas for improving the Tea Infusion Pitcher?

We are always looking for ways to improve our products and welcome any ideas or suggestions from our customers. Some possible improvements could include a more secure lid design, a smaller size option for easier refrigerator storage, or an easier-to-clean infuser basket. We value your feedback and will take it into consideration for future updates to the Tea Infusion Pitcher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies