• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taxpayer Id for Pampered Chef?

In summary, Angie was selling her products at the Vendor Fair. She sold garlic, herbs, seasonings, canned goods, and homemade goodies.
elisiaskitchen
Gold Member
hi, i can't believe i completely forgot to call and they are closed!! I have a vendor fair tomorrow and need the taxpayer id #...its my first year with pc and haven't gotten a 1099 but i would imagine it would be listed on that!! Can anyone dig it out and get me that #? thanks so much!!!

I've never needed it.

elisiaskitchen said:
hi, i can't believe i completely forgot to call and they are closed!! I have a vendor fair tomorrow and need the taxpayer id #...its my first year with pc and haven't gotten a 1099 but i would imagine it would be listed on that!! Can anyone dig it out and get me that #? thanks so much!!!

Your tax id is your social. You are an independent consultant for PC so for tax purposes you are self-employed.

they told me its like a business id #? That proves I am a business??

Kisha is right. You would only need a Federal Employer ID # if you were going to have employees - which you don't, so your SS# is your tax ID #. It's what you list when you pay your taxes.

well i called HO but the tax dept gone for the weekend already so i am on my own. She said there definitely is a federal tax id number, but she didn't know it. I'll be emailing them and will see what happens tomorrow. thanks all! :)

elisiaskitchen said:
well i called HO but the tax dept gone for the weekend already so i am on my own. She said there definitely is a federal tax id number, but she didn't know it. I'll be emailing them and will see what happens tomorrow. thanks all! :)

Is the Pampered Chef participating in the Vendor Fair or are you? The answer is that you are an Independent Consultant. Checks would be made out to you if people purchased. Not to the Pampered Chef.

Just tell the Vendor Fair admin that you are self employed and since you don't have any employees, your SS# is your ID.

ok well i will have my phone there(internet)...apparently it is a federal tax id #...dave they want to know about the tax...PC collects the tax direct(when we order) and sends it...and also its my small business #...you know to sell anything we are suppose to be registered i suppose...I'll write later in a few hrs..leaving in 30 mins..

I had to get a General Excise license to be a consultant here in Hawaii. Every state is different, though. HO helped me through the process. There is another tax form I have to complete before doing any vendor fairs. (The first one I'm registered for is in November, so I haven't researched it yet.)

angmillar said:
I had to get a General Excise license to be a consultant here in Hawaii. Every state is different, though. HO helped me through the process. There is another tax form I have to complete before doing any vendor fairs. (The first one I'm registered for is in November, so I haven't researched it yet.)

Angie, how did you know you needed to get it? I want to do a vendor fair in November, too, here in AZ--I'll start by asking my cluster mates...
Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Angie, how did you know you needed to get it? I want to do a vendor fair in November, too, here in AZ--I'll start by asking my cluster mates...
Marghi

My hospitality director here told me I needed to get one. She's born and raised here in Oahu, so she knows the ins and outs of running a business here. Otherwise, I would have had no idea. I guess I should go ahead and complete the tax form for the events I'm doing in November and December right now, in case there is a glitch or something.

elisiaskitchen said:

I don't know who you talked to but there is no tax id number for vendor fairs.

Well I got to the registration pretty late b/c of kids etc and only had about 30 mins to officially set up. The girl working there was so frazzled she just took my name and gave me my "certificate to sell"..so that was a relief!
Anyway I sold about $150 in small cash and carry stuff and got 4 bookings(all for August and Sept) and a bunch of people took catalogs and wanted to order(so they said) I offered free shipping.
I had my 6 month old there who was PERFECT the entire day and that lured many people in LOL...
things that sold:garlic press(2), citrus press, flexible turner and tray, quick stir pitcher, bar pan, pizza stone, a few other small things i forgot. I had only brought c&c for fathers day stuff, but alot of the BBQ didn't sell that well!
I gave out a parts replacement form too.
I also had a lady try to tell me she used to sell PC, now she sells some vitamin thing and that i should do that instead LOL

Last edited:
Some fairs require a Tax ID and some do not. In my state (Washington) some fairs actually allow you a couple weeks before requiring you get a business license. My wife works in finance and says the licensing thing is a fill-up-the-coffers thing for the state. I have successfully managed my business and a weekly vendor fair at a farmer's market without doing this.The place requiring your tax ID number is wanting to be sure you pay tax, so they don't get in trouble. One of the blessings about PC is they take care of this for us - they both charge and take payment for tax in each of our states, and send a check to the state Dept. of Rev. for each of our states quarterly - which keeps them (and us) entirely compliant within the law. Send the fair one of your order forms (be sure you have your contact info on it) and they will relax.

At fairs I've done, I have not needed to provide this information as it is for sale tax purposes and I am taking "orders" from my booth not selling (cash & carry) so I have not needed the reseller tax ID #.

On the application I indicate that the purpose of my booth is to gather booking and recruiting leads. Any orders are incidential to the booking/recruiting focus.

I guess I am lucky in this part since we are sales tax free, for now anyway LOL

I needed proof of the Sales Tax id # for here in Pa. I called the Tax office at Pampered Chef. They just emailed me a copy of it and i posted it. Now that I have it I just post it everywhere I set up (better to be safe) even if they do asked for it. I have heard of some festival or flee markets being checked. Alot of places don't even asked for it but some do require it.

Since we can claim employees "children b/w 6-18" wouldn't we need a tax id for that. I'm at the irs website. Anyone know what kind of structure our business is. ie proprioter, corporation, llc, etc.?

No, your children aren't your employees. If that's what you're asking.

ShelbyMichalek said:
No, your children aren't your employees. If that's what you're asking.

But if she is paying her kids to stamp catalogs, etc, they would be.

angmillar said:
My hospitality director here told me I needed to get one. She's born and raised here in Oahu, so she knows the ins and outs of running a business here. Otherwise, I would have had no idea. I guess I should go ahead and complete the tax form for the events I'm doing in November and December right now, in case there is a glitch or something.
Hmm, I have been a consultant in Hawaii for several years and have never needed a tax license.
Who is your hospitality director that said you needed that?

elisiaskitchen said:
Did you ever get the Tax ID number?

1. What is a Taxpayer ID and why does Pampered Chef require it?

A Taxpayer ID, also known as an Employer Identification Number (EIN), is a unique number assigned to a business by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax purposes. Pampered Chef requires this information in order to accurately report income and pay taxes on behalf of their consultants.

2. How do I obtain a Taxpayer ID for Pampered Chef?

You can obtain a Taxpayer ID/EIN for Pampered Chef by applying online through the IRS website or by filling out Form SS-4 and submitting it by mail or fax. You will need to provide basic information about your business, such as the name, address, and type of business entity.

3. Do I need a separate Taxpayer ID for each Pampered Chef business I have?

Yes, each Pampered Chef business you have will need its own Taxpayer ID/EIN. This is because each business is considered a separate entity for tax purposes, even if they are all under the Pampered Chef umbrella.

4. Can I use my Social Security Number instead of a Taxpayer ID for Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef requires a Taxpayer ID/EIN for tax reporting purposes. Using your Social Security Number is not recommended as it can put your personal information at risk. It is best to obtain a separate Taxpayer ID for your Pampered Chef business.

5. Will my Taxpayer ID be displayed publicly on any Pampered Chef materials?

No, your Taxpayer ID/EIN will not be displayed publicly on any Pampered Chef materials. It is used for internal tax reporting purposes only and is not shared with customers or the public.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vegasgirl06
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
Replies
Views
lesliec