• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taxes - Due April 15Th or 18Th for Us?

In summary, the federal tax deadline for 2010 is April 18. If you owe tax, you must pay it by April 18, 2011, to avoid late-payment penalties and interest. You can make your payment electronically by scheduling an electronic funds withdrawal from your checking or savings account or by credit card. If you need more time to prepare your return, you can apply for an extension. You can find information on how to apply for an extension on this page.
janezapchef
Gold Member
We have been on hold with the IRS forever! My husband files our taxes and has waited until TODAY to do them! Besides wanting to smack him :mad:, I'd like to know FOR 100% SURE that our taxes are not due until the 18th even though we file a schedule C. Can anyone help me???????
TIA! :confused:

Everything on irs.gov says April 15th. Why wouldn't they be due til the 18th? Just curious. Anyway, here is the date from irs.gov. http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=129520,00.html You'll see the first line that says 1040 & c or c-ez = 15th day of the 4th month after the end of the tax year.

Yes, I've seen these! My husband insists that they are due on the 18th.

I've never heard of anything being due on the 18th for taxes. It's not like the 15th is a Sat/Sun or even a holiday.

From efile.com"Tax Day 2011: Tax Deadlines for Tax Year 2010
Tax Day Date Type of Income Tax Return Filing Deadline
April 18*, 2011 Due Date for Federal Income Tax Returns (and Tax Extension requests) - Tax Day for Tax Year 2010 - Filing Deadline
April 18, 2011 Due Date for State Income Tax Returns (for many states - check with your state tax agency) - Tax Day for Tax Year 2010 - Filing Deadline
April 18*, 2011 Due Date for Tax Extensions for Federal Income Tax Returns for Tax Year 2010.
From April 1, 2011 until April 15, 2011 you can prepare and efile a Federal Tax Extension on efile.com. Tax Return or Tax Extension?
April 18, 2011 Due Date for State Income Tax Extension requests (for many states - check with your state tax agency).
Find State Tax Return Extension Due Dates
October 17**, 2011 Last day to efile a 2010 Income Tax Return for tax extension and late tax efilers - Important notice
October 20, 2011 Last day to prepare and/or print a 2010 Tax Year Income Tax Return on efile.com -- no electronic submissions to IRS after October 20, 2011.*The traditional tax return filing deadline is April 15 of each year, but the IRS has approved April 18, 2011 as the tax filing deadline for 2010 Tax Returns and extension requests in observation of Emancipation Day in the District of Columbia."

And, because this is in the tax help guide from irs.gov.

Balance due. If you owe tax, you must pay it by April 18,
2011, to avoid late-payment penalties and interest. You
can make your payment electronically by scheduling an
electronic funds withdrawal from your checking or savings
account or by credit card.

andrealynne719 said:
From efile.com

"Tax Day 2011: Tax Deadlines for Tax Year 2010
Tax Day Date Type of Income Tax Return Filing Deadline
April 18*, 2011 Due Date for Federal Income Tax Returns (and Tax Extension requests) - Tax Day for Tax Year 2010 - Filing Deadline
April 18, 2011 Due Date for State Income Tax Returns (for many states - check with your state tax agency) - Tax Day for Tax Year 2010 - Filing Deadline
April 18*, 2011 Due Date for Tax Extensions for Federal Income Tax Returns for Tax Year 2010.
From April 1, 2011 until April 15, 2011 you can prepare and efile a Federal Tax Extension on efile.com. Tax Return or Tax Extension?
April 18, 2011 Due Date for State Income Tax Extension requests (for many states - check with your state tax agency).
Find State Tax Return Extension Due Dates
October 17**, 2011 Last day to efile a 2010 Income Tax Return for tax extension and late tax efilers - Important notice
October 20, 2011 Last day to prepare and/or print a 2010 Tax Year Income Tax Return on efile.com -- no electronic submissions to IRS after October 20, 2011.

*The traditional tax return filing deadline is April 15 of each year, but the IRS has approved April 18, 2011 as the tax filing deadline for 2010 Tax Returns and extension requests in observation of Emancipation Day in the District of Columbia."

Thank you very much!

From IRS.gov "Extension of Time to File Your Tax Return
Need more time to prepare your federal income tax return? This page will direct you to information on how to apply for an extension.Remember, your filing season deadline this year is April 18."

I live outside DC and worked in DC for several years. Rarely ever noticed them celebrating Emancipation Day. It's a holiday for DC government, not the federal government so I really don't understand why it's pushing back the tax deadline. But I'll take it since I still haven't finished my taxes. It's what I'm supposed to be doing right now :)

Lucky me - I didn't sign til March so I had mostly easy taxes this year... I finished mine in January :)

OK, my bad on that one. We have to file everything by March 1 so I had no clue about the extension. Lol!

I am always last minute Nelly on taxes, too! So, I very much paid attention that I had until the 18th this year.

Though for some reason this year we got ours sent off this past Monday, the 11th - early for us!. So odd is this that each day since I have a mini-panic attack about the taxes thinking "don't forget" - then I rememeber they are done! YIPPEE.

What is the deadline for filing taxes in the United States?

The deadline for filing taxes in the United States is typically April 15th. However, in some years when April 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline may be extended to April 18th.

What happens if I miss the April 15th or 18th deadline for filing taxes?

If you miss the deadline for filing taxes, you may be subject to penalties and interest on any taxes owed. It is important to file for an extension or submit your taxes before the deadline to avoid these consequences.

How can I file for an extension on my taxes?

To file for an extension on your taxes, you can submit Form 4868 to the IRS by the April 15th or 18th deadline. This will give you an additional six months to file your taxes, with a new deadline of October 15th.

Do I still need to pay taxes by the April 15th or 18th deadline if I file for an extension?

Yes, you are still required to pay any taxes owed by the April 15th or 18th deadline, even if you file for an extension. Failing to do so may result in penalties and interest on the amount owed.

What are the consequences of not paying taxes by the April 15th or 18th deadline?

If you do not pay your taxes by the April 15th or 18th deadline, you may face penalties and interest charges on the amount owed. The IRS may also take further action, such as placing a tax lien on your property or garnishing your wages, to collect the unpaid taxes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Happy Mom