• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Write Off a New Desk for Business?

In summary, you can write off a new desk for business as a deductible expense on your taxes, as long as it meets certain criteria. The desk must be used exclusively and regularly for business purposes, and if it is used for both personal and business purposes, only the portion used for business can be deducted. It is important to keep receipts and records of the desk purchase for tax purposes.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
i know tax season is about over and all but i am thinking of next year already. i just bought a new computer and i know that can be written off. but i am thinking of getting a new desk because right now my computer sits on an old coffe table and its killing my back!! will i be able to use that as a write off? i would say about 75-80% of my time on my computer is used for business purposes. i wasnt sure about that one since its not 100% used for business. thanks!!

YesYou will be able to write off the desk. I believe that you will only be able to write off the 80% you use it for business. But still a great write off! :D

thanks for letting me know. i was pretty sure i could but wanted to double check it. my husband is really gung-ho about my business right now and getting me all kinds of new stuff to help out. i think he is just trying to cheer me up and motivate me , i havent had many shows since sept. i had about 12 cancel on me between oct. and jan. i have 1 bridal show, two possible bridal shows, and one possible kitchen show from a repeat host that has had about 3 shows for me already in less than a years time. he also knows how bad i want those pans!!!! anyways i am done rambling now...sorry!!

1. Can I write off a new desk for business?

Yes, you can write off a new desk for business as a deductible expense on your taxes. However, there are certain criteria that must be met in order for the desk to qualify as a business expense.

2. What criteria must be met for a desk to qualify as a business expense?

In order for a desk to qualify as a business expense, it must be used exclusively and regularly for business purposes. This means it cannot be used for personal purposes and must be used on a consistent basis for business-related activities.

3. Can I write off the full cost of the desk?

In most cases, you can only write off a portion of the cost of the desk as a business expense. The amount you can deduct will depend on how much the desk is used for business purposes. If the desk is used exclusively for business, you may be able to write off the full cost.

4. What if I use the desk for both personal and business purposes?

If you use the desk for both personal and business purposes, you can only write off the portion of the desk that is used for business. For example, if you use the desk 75% of the time for business and 25% for personal use, you can only deduct 75% of the cost as a business expense.

5. Do I need to keep receipts for the desk purchase?

Yes, it is important to keep receipts and records of the desk purchase in case of an audit. This will serve as proof of the expense and the amount that was paid for the desk. It is also recommended to keep a record of how the desk is used for business purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • lisaterwilliger
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pchefinski