• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheri's First Show: Tax Advice for Newbies

In summary, "Cheri's First Show: Tax Advice for Newbies" is a comprehensive guide written by tax expert Cheri, with over 20 years of experience. It covers topics such as filing taxes, deductions, and common mistakes to avoid. The book is suitable for both individuals and small businesses and provides general tax advice applicable to most taxpayers. While it may touch upon specific tax laws and regulations, it is currently only available as an e-book for easy access on any device.
MissouriChef
:confused: Hi, I'm a newbie here. I just had my first show last night (it was pretty good, over $500 in sales), but I'm meeting the hostess (also my best friend) for lunch tomorrow to close the show. Can I write off lunch? I know with other businesses you can, but wasn't really certain. Also, I am keeping track of my mileage, but do you also save your gas receipts?

Thanks so much!!
Cheri

I don't save gas receipts and I don't think you have to. It's mostly the mileage that you have to keep track of. Since you'll be doing PC business at lunch, I'd say it's a write off! Isn't this business great?!

your working lunch is a tax write off/deduction. As far as gas goes there are 2 ways to do that. One is to save all your receipts for your car...gas, oil change, etc. and claim them as deductions. But, I think if you do that your car has to be only used for business.

What my accountant/tax lady does is this:

How many miles did you drive this year?
How many miles did you drive your vehicle for Pampered Chef business?
How many miles did you drive your vehicle for farm business?
How many miles was personal use?

She then puts the PC mileage on my tax form and the farm mileage on my husbands farm form. She says just going by mileage - which is .405 per mile right now is usually the best way to go. Normally it gets you the better deduction.

I think there was a general list on this board with tax deductions on it.

shawnna

1. What is "Cheri's First Show: Tax Advice for Newbies" about?

"Cheri's First Show: Tax Advice for Newbies" is a comprehensive guide for individuals who are new to the world of taxes. It covers important topics such as filing taxes, deductions and credits, and common mistakes to avoid.

2. Who is Cheri and why should I trust her tax advice?

Cheri is a tax expert with over 20 years of experience in the field. She has helped numerous individuals and small businesses with their tax preparation and planning. Her advice is based on her extensive knowledge and expertise in the subject.

3. Is "Cheri's First Show" suitable for both individuals and small businesses?

Yes, the book caters to both individuals and small businesses. It includes information and tips that are relevant to both types of taxpayers.

4. Does the book cover any specific tax laws or regulations?

The book focuses on providing general tax advice and tips that are applicable to most taxpayers. However, it may touch upon some specific laws or regulations that are important for newbies to understand.

5. Can I purchase "Cheri's First Show" in a physical format or is it only available as an e-book?

The book is currently only available as an e-book. However, you can easily download it onto your preferred device and access it anytime, anywhere.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lterman
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • barbchan