• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Software Question: Personal vs. Business - Which Version Should You Buy?

In summary, using TurboTax will save you time and money, while using H&R Block online will get you a discount.
mindyanne44
I have probably a stupid tax software question.

I'm planning on doing them myself with TaxACT or TubroTax. Should I buy the personal and business software or just the deluxe personal addition? I don't want to miss out on filing any forms that should have been filed but I also don't want to spend $50 extra on unnecessary software.

Thanks everyone!

I use the TurboTax Home & Business edition. I've used it every year for several years, and it is wonderful! It walks you through step by step, and helps you not miss any deductions! this year, my business showed a great profit, and we still got back a hefty return!

I use TurboTax online. I start with the basic and upgrade when it tells me I should. I think I also end up with the Home & Business Edition.

The online version really saved my bacon this year because my computer crashed and I lost all my files, but Turbo Tax has almost 10 years worth of my returns saved on their website because I've been doing it that way forever.

NooraK said:
I use TurboTax online. I start with the basic and upgrade when it tells me I should. I think I also end up with the Home & Business Edition.

The online version really saved my bacon this year because my computer crashed and I lost all my files, but Turbo Tax has almost 10 years worth of my returns saved on their website because I've been doing it that way forever.

Plus it carries over last years info to this year - saving a bunch of time! Love that!

ChefBeckyD said:
Plus it carries over last years info to this year - saving a bunch of time! Love that!

Yes, that too! I also have the option of logging into the system my 9-5 job uses for our paystubs and download my W-2, so I don't even have to type that in!

Thanks ladies! I think I was making it harder than it needed to be! I've done all of it now except submit.

You can also use H&R Block online and get a discount through PC. :) I'm doing that this year. I usually use Turbo Tax, but I'm giving H&R Block a chance this year. :)

What is tax software?

Tax software is a computer program designed to help individuals and businesses prepare and file their taxes accurately and efficiently. It typically includes features such as tax calculators, forms, and guidance to ensure compliance with tax laws.

Are there different types of tax software?

Yes, there are various types of tax software available depending on the type of tax return you need to file. Some software is specifically designed for individuals, while others cater to businesses or specific tax situations such as self-employment or investments.

How much does tax software cost?

The cost of tax software varies depending on the type and complexity of the software. Basic individual tax software can range from free to around $100, while more advanced versions for businesses can cost several hundred dollars.

Is tax software safe to use?

As long as you choose a reputable and secure tax software provider, it is generally safe to use. Most tax software companies use encryption and other security measures to protect sensitive information while it is being transmitted and stored.

Can tax software help me save money on my taxes?

Tax software can be a helpful tool in identifying potential deductions and credits that you may be eligible for, which can ultimately save you money on your taxes. However, it is always a good idea to review your return and seek advice from a tax professional if you have any doubts or questions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • thehaleykitchen