• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax on Pantry Items in the Mother's Day Sets

In summary, to account for shipping on Mother's Day sets, the headings "shipping - tax - total" should be open for input, and the headings "tax - shipping - total" should be open for input.
kam
Staff member
OK, I don't know if I am thinking too much into this...but, I am trying to decide how to update my Mother's Day set order form to account for shipping.

So, my mind went to taxing shipping (some states do, some don't), etc.

And then I thought about pantry items. My state does NOT tax pantry items. How are the sets with pantry items taxed/not taxed?

I don't have access to P3 right now to check...but was wondering if anyone else in the states that don't tax pantry could let us know how the tax is calculated.

Thanks!

I would love to..BUT..they are not in P3 yet. I even checked for updates.

I believe that when they are part of a set that includes other things they are taxed as product but I could be wrong... If anyone pre-orders from me I'll charge it that way and refund the difference with their receipts if I am wrong.

I think Beth's correct. If pantry is part of a set with regular product, the whole set is taxed at the product rate. If it is only pantry in the set, it is taxed or not taxed at the pantry rate.

Yep.The 1-2-3 Dip Set has bamboo spoons in it and the entire set is taxed at our 7.75% rate.

Last edited:
Kathleen thank you for thinking ahead. I would probably be pulling my hair out when I began inputting orders from my first April show.

Thank you too Beth for the answer. Would have never thought about it in those terms.

This is why I love this site so much. :love:

kam said:
OK, I don't know if I am thinking too much into this...but, I am trying to decide how to update my Mother's Day set order form to account for shipping.

So, my mind went to taxing shipping (some states do, some don't), etc.

And then I thought about pantry items. My state does NOT tax pantry items. How are the sets with pantry items taxed/not taxed?

I don't have access to P3 right now to check...but was wondering if anyone else in the states that don't tax pantry could let us know how the tax is calculated.

Thanks!

As far as some states taxing shipping and others not how about leaving those headings open in a way that we can fill them in (shipping - tax - total) and then those that are taxed can key it in that way and the others can key it in (tax - shipping - total)?

BethCooks4U said:
Yep.The 1-2-3 Dip Set has bamboo spoons in it and the entire set is taxed at our 7.75% rate.

Thanks for the answer!

Colorado doesn't tax pantry items if purchased separately, but if they are combined with products then there is tax. For some reason PP3 taxes pantry items on the host order, which is crazy, and tech support says there is no way around that :( I still can't understand why pantry items on the host order are figured different that the guest order :confused:

cochef said:
Colorado doesn't tax pantry items if purchased separately, but if they are combined with products then there is tax. For some reason PP3 taxes pantry items on the host order, which is crazy, and tech support says there is no way around that :( I still can't understand why pantry items on the host order are figured different that the guest order :confused:

I take it that they are putting the panty items under the free items which are not taxed anyway.

BethCooks4U said:
I take it that they are putting the panty items under the free items which are not taxed anyway.

Even if I put the pantry items in last, and there is balance due after the free products are entered, they charge tax. :(

cochef said:
Even if I put the pantry items in last, and there is balance due after the free products are entered, they charge tax. :(

Yep. It's like, by default, pantry is counted as free. I think it makes the program easier to write for the programers.

BethCooks4U said:
Yep. It's like, by default, pantry is counted as free. I think it makes the program easier to write for the programers.

Yes, I've asked about this and Tech Support has confirmed that FPV always comes off pantry items first. I had a host who got nothing but pantry items, and had to pay the full tax rate, because it's not programmed to account for two tax rates for the host.

1. What is the tax rate on pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets?

The tax rate on pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets may vary depending on the location where the sets are being sold. It is best to check with your local tax authority for the exact tax rate.

2. Are all pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets subject to tax?

No, not all pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets may be subject to tax. Some essential food items may be exempt from sales tax in certain states. Again, it is best to check with your local tax authority for more information.

3. Are there any exemptions for pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets?

In some cases, there may be exemptions for certain pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets. For example, some states may have sales tax exemptions for items such as baby food, dietary supplements, or medically necessary foods. It is important to research the specific exemptions in your state.

4. Will I be charged tax on pantry items if I purchase the Mother's Day Sets online?

The tax on pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets may vary depending on the online retailer's location and the location where the sets are being shipped to. Some online retailers may also charge sales tax on pantry items, while others may not. It is best to check with the specific online retailer for their tax policies.

5. How can I find out the tax rate for pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets?

The easiest way to find out the tax rate for pantry items in the Mother's Day Sets is to check with your local tax authority. You can also contact the retailer or check their website for more information on tax rates for specific items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SandiLeigh
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • HJPChef