1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tax on AFB different?

Tags:
  1. MichelleT

MichelleT Member

I just had a customer call me about the tax that she will have to pay on her order. We live on an air force base, and she says that there is a different tax rate than what the tax calculator says. Has anyone heard of this? I know that purchases that we make on base at the store are tax free, is it the same for direct selling?

Sep 27, 2005
  2. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Hi Michelle~
    That is a good question actually. I used to live on post (Fort Sill) before I joined Pampered Chef. I haven't done a show on post yet, but if I were you I would call HO. It's good to tell your host that you checked with your higher ups before getting back to her with an answer. My assumption would be whatever the tax info says when you look it up in CC then call HO to verify. But I did go to a PC show awhile back on post and there was a tax. She isn't buying from the Air Force Base so I would think there is a tax. You don't get a tax break from everything while living on base (Although that would be nice!) :p Let us know what you find out.

Sep 27, 2005
  3. MichelleT

MichelleT Member

That's kinda what I thought. I called HQ, and they have never heard of it, so I've left a message with the tax line and I'm just waiting for a call back. She said that she has a friend that is a consultant in Nebraska and her friend told her that the tax rate is different. It would be nice though if we got a tax break for everything!

Sep 27, 2005
  4. MichelleT

MichelleT Member

Update for all of you who live on a base/post

Taxline got back with me about the lower tax rate and it turns out that some bases do get a lower tax rate, it's based on an agreement between the base and the state. However, Oklahoma does not offer this. So if you live in another state, I would check on it!

Sep 27, 2005
  5. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Thanks for the info!

I'm in Oklahoma too right now...figures they don't offer a lower tax for the bases! Well, that is good to know and thanks for posting what you found out!

Sep 27, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted