1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Tax ID number

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I know that this has been posted before but I cannot find it! I have a booth at a church that wants a Tax ID Number. How do I get this? Do we even have one?

I know that something will probably pop up at the bottom with the "Suggested Threads" after I post this!

Aug 17, 2009
  2. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Pampered Chef itself has one, but you don't because you are your own business. Ask the purpose of having a number.

HO can provide copies of seller permits/insurance or you can find their Federal number on your tax statement from PC...but I'd still ask why?

Aug 17, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

There application for the booth states that it's so that every has a permit. Should I just contact HO?

Aug 17, 2009
  4. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

We don't collect tax and send a check to the state, HO does.

Aug 17, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

That's what I thought too...

Aug 17, 2009
  6. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

The only way you will need to charge extra tax and write a check for it is if you have cash and carry items. The last booth I worked, even though I didn't sell anything or even take orders, they made me sign a tax form and put $0 for sales.

Aug 17, 2009
  7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

They usually have special forms or a spot for you to note you are part of a direct selling company. Print a copy of the insurance form and give them the address and PH# for Ho and that should be sufficient along with your Consultant #.

Aug 17, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

I don't do cash and carry so I don't have to worry about that.

Aug 17, 2009
  9. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Why would you need to do that if you already paid tax on them when ordering?

It states in our policies that while ordering for inventory you pay tax.

Aug 17, 2009
  10. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

Your personal tax number can be your SS# but I wouldn't give it to them unless I had to. We don't need a permit...at least in my area...to have a direct sell business.

Aug 17, 2009
  11. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

Most cash and carry booths are wholesale items that hasn't had tax paid. Someone that sold Avon at her booth said that she just charged the extra tax that they asked for and wrote a check for it afterwards.

Aug 17, 2009
  12. wadesgirl

I called HO and had to leave a message with the tax department. Not really for sure, they transfered me twice before sending me there.

Aug 17, 2009
  13. easytoprepare

easytoprepare Member Gold Member

I have just always written "Company has this on file with the state and pays all monies directly." Never been questioned or had a problem.....knock on wood :)

14. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

Did you ever get an answer?

Sep 13, 2009
  15. wadesgirl

Actually yes I did. The financial department finally got back to me and emailed me the certificate that I needed. You just need the one for your state.

Sep 13, 2009
  16. i was told that to "employ" children in your home and write it off on your taxes you needed an id number, any comments?

17. ShelbyMichalek

ShelbyMichalek Veteran Member

This is not true. Your children are a write off because you may need to pay for childcare for you to work. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard but it's totally not true.

18. DebinIA

DebinIA Member Gold Member

I disagree. I employ my children and each of them have a Tax ID number, issued by the IRS. This is not their social security number. It is the number I use when I issue their W2's and 1040's. My accountant set it up for each of them.

Dec 16, 2010
  19. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

For us, if you order inventory for C&C the way it states in the PG that you're supposed to do it, you are required to pay sales tax on the retail price of the products.

Dec 16, 2010
Have something to add?