• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting a Tax ID Number for Church Booth

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of obtaining a Tax ID Number for a booth at a church event. The participants mention that Pampered Chef itself has a Tax ID Number, but individual consultants may not have one because they are their own business. The purpose of having a Tax ID Number is questioned, and it is suggested that contacting HO or providing copies of seller permits/insurance could suffice. The conversation also mentions the possibility of needing to charge extra tax for cash and carry items and the process of obtaining a tax certificate. The topic of employing children and writing it off on taxes is also briefly mentioned.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I know that this has been posted before but I cannot find it! I have a booth at a church that wants a Tax ID Number. How do I get this? Do we even have one?

I know that something will probably pop up at the bottom with the "Suggested Threads" after I post this!

Pampered Chef itself has one, but you don't because you are your own business. Ask the purpose of having a number.HO can provide copies of seller permits/insurance or you can find their Federal number on your tax statement from PC...but I'd still ask why?

janetupnorth said:
Pampered Chef itself has one, but you don't because you are your own business. Ask the purpose of having a number.

HO can provide copies of seller permits/insurance or you can find their Federal number on your tax statement from PC...but I'd still ask why?

There application for the booth states that it's so that every has a permit. Should I just contact HO?

We don't collect tax and send a check to the state, HO does.

cmdtrgd said:
We don't collect tax and send a check to the state, HO does.

That's what I thought too...

The only way you will need to charge extra tax and write a check for it is if you have cash and carry items. The last booth I worked, even though I didn't sell anything or even take orders, they made me sign a tax form and put $0 for sales.

They usually have special forms or a spot for you to note you are part of a direct selling company. Print a copy of the insurance form and give them the address and PH# for Ho and that should be sufficient along with your Consultant #.

Chef Bobby said:
The only way you will need to charge extra tax and write a check for it is if you have cash and carry items. The last booth I worked, even though I didn't sell anything or even take orders, they made me sign a tax form and put $0 for sales.

I don't do cash and carry so I don't have to worry about that.

Chef Bobby said:

Why would you need to do that if you already paid tax on them when ordering?

It states in our policies that while ordering for inventory you pay tax.

Your personal tax number can be your SS# but I wouldn't give it to them unless I had to. We don't need a permit...at least in my area...to have a direct sell business.

Most cash and carry booths are wholesale items that hasn't had tax paid. Someone that sold Avon at her booth said that she just charged the extra tax that they asked for and wrote a check for it afterwards.

I called HO and had to leave a message with the tax department. Not really for sure, they transfered me twice before sending me there.

I have just always written "Company has this on file with the state and pays all monies directly." Never been questioned or had a problem.....knock on wood :)

wadesgirl said:
I called HO and had to leave a message with the tax department. Not really for sure, they transfered me twice before sending me there.

Did you ever get an answer?

letscook04 said:
Did you ever get an answer?

Actually yes I did. The financial department finally got back to me and emailed me the certificate that I needed. You just need the one for your state.

i was told that to "employ" children in your home and write it off on your taxes you needed an id number, any comments?

jamie sullivan said:
i was told that to "employ" children in your home and write it off on your taxes you needed an id number, any comments?

This is not true. Your children are a write off because you may need to pay for childcare for you to work. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard but it's totally not true.

jamie sullivan said:

I disagree. I employ my children and each of them have a Tax ID number, issued by the IRS. This is not their social security number. It is the number I use when I issue their W2's and 1040's. My accountant set it up for each of them.

Chef Bobby said:
Most cash and carry booths are wholesale items that hasn't had tax paid. Someone that sold Avon at her booth said that she just charged the extra tax that they asked for and wrote a check for it afterwards.

For us, if you order inventory for C&C the way it states in the PG that you're supposed to do it, you are required to pay sales tax on the retail price of the products.

1. What is a Tax ID Number and why does a church booth need one?

A Tax ID Number, also known as an Employer Identification Number (EIN), is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the IRS to identify businesses, including non-profit organizations like churches. A church booth may need an EIN for tax purposes, such as reporting income and expenses, opening a bank account, and applying for certain licenses or permits.

2. How do I apply for a Tax ID Number for my church booth?

To obtain an EIN for your church booth, you can apply online through the IRS website, by phone, fax, or mail. The fastest and easiest way is to apply online, which typically takes only a few minutes to complete.

3. Is there a fee to obtain a Tax ID Number for a church booth?

No, applying for an EIN is completely free of charge. However, be cautious of third-party websites that may charge a fee for obtaining an EIN on your behalf. You can easily apply for an EIN yourself through the IRS website at no cost.

4. Can a church booth use the same Tax ID Number as the church itself?

No, a church booth is considered a separate entity and must have its own EIN. The church's EIN should only be used for church-related activities and not for any business or fundraising activities, including those of a church booth.

5. How long does it take to receive a Tax ID Number for a church booth?

If you apply online, you will receive your EIN immediately after completing the application. If you apply by phone, fax, or mail, it may take up to four weeks to receive your EIN. It is recommended to apply for an EIN at least four to six weeks before your church booth's first event to ensure you receive it in time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Dina Atnip