• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Guide for Florida: 6-9% Rates

In summary, the attachment that Shawnna attached has different tax rates for different states. This may help people out as most of us are calculator illiterate and would much rather have this little "cheat sheet".
Laurenncraigory
I was reading another post earlier and heard that someone was using a tax rate guide. I found the ones for the state of florida, but it shows all different tax rates that maybe you guys could use. I have posted what I can and by all means, this is not all they have. If your tax rate isn't here, post a reply with your tax rate and I will pst it at that time. I thought this may help some people out as most of us are calculator illiterate and would much rather have this little "cheat sheet" I hope this does help everyone and again, post if you need a different rate.
the attached files are the following percentages in order:
6%
7.5%
7%
8%
9%
Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• 6prt.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 562
  • 7.5prt.pdf
    17.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 7prt.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 8prt.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 9prt.pdf
    12.9 KB · Views: 383
Thank you so much!Thanks, Lauren!

I had mentioned it in the host coaching and another consultant asked where to find one. I didn't know where to look. I'll direct her here!

Thanks

where did you find the guide? I have looked for Oklahoma and Arkansas, but can't seem to find it online. I guess I could print off the Florida ones, and then cut the top off. People will "freak out" if it says Florida and not Oklahoma.

Shawnna

Let me know what county you're in and I can try to look it up shawnna

All you would have to do is go to the county court house to the County Clerk's office and ask her for the tax chart for your county.

Sales Tax?Are you talking about the sales tax to charge your customers? The PC website has a tax rate guide that will tell you what tax to charge for the zip code it is shipping to.

Robin

priscilla said:
Are you talking about the sales tax to charge your customers? The PC website has a tax rate guide that will tell you what tax to charge for the zip code it is shipping to.

Robin

Yes we are talking about sales tax, but not what the percentage is. Most of us already know what the percentage is, these are just little "cheat sheets" that say how much tax is on a certain dollar amount when it is at a certain percentage.
For Example...my tax is 6.5%:
$10.00 has tax of .65 making the total $10.65
Just look at one of the attachments and you will see what we mean

Like I said in the above post that is all you have to do it is the cheat sheet from the county clerk. I laminate mine and take it with me. Alot of times the people pass it around and do their own if they are waiting on me.

6.5% RateDo you have a cheat sheet showing 6.5%? I live in Minnesota.

Thanks in advance!!

Laurenncraigory said:
Yes we are talking about sales tax, but not what the percentage is. Most of us already know what the percentage is, these are just little "cheat sheets" that say how much tax is on a certain dollar amount when it is at a certain percentage.
For Example...my tax is 6.5%:
$10.00 has tax of .65 making the total $10.65
Just look at one of the attachments and you will see what we mean

Ahhh. I could not open up any of the files, unfortunately, so could not see what you were talking about.

Robin

Robin, I'm sorry you couldn't view it...they only have it posted in pdf format

here is the 6.5% cheat sheet

Attachments

• 6.5prt.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 386
CA tax guideHere is the link to the different rates for California Consultants.

http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/streimsched.htm

The way I found this was I went to search, typed in 7.75% sales tax, CA and it sent me to this site. I just fished around and there you go.

I hope this helps.

1. What is the current sales tax rate in Florida?

The current sales tax rate in Florida is 6%. However, depending on the county and city, the total sales tax rate can range from 6-9%.

2. Do all items in Florida have a sales tax?

No, not all items in Florida have a sales tax. Some items, such as groceries, prescription medications, and certain agricultural products, are exempt from sales tax.

3. Are there any additional local taxes in Florida?

Yes, some counties and cities in Florida have additional local taxes on top of the state sales tax rate. This is why the total sales tax rate can range from 6-9%.

4. Do I need to charge sales tax on online sales in Florida?

Yes, if you have a physical presence in Florida, such as a store or warehouse, you are required to charge sales tax on all online sales to customers in Florida. If you do not have a physical presence in Florida, you are not required to charge sales tax on online sales.

5. What is the process for filing and remitting sales tax in Florida?

If you are a business selling taxable goods or services in Florida, you must register for a sales tax permit with the Florida Department of Revenue. You will then need to collect and keep track of sales tax, file a sales tax return, and remit the sales tax to the state on a regular basis, usually monthly or quarterly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzanne Johnson
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ccpchef
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • beepampered