• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Massachusetts Tax-Free Days: Get the Info for RI Customers!

no, the customer pays for the tax. That's what the consultant takes out of their commission. This is correct. Last year I was in MA visiting relatives and my MIL put her order in through my website while we were there. It wasn't calculating any tax, I even went to the PC website and did the tax lookup and it kept coming up "0". Neither one of us knew it was tax free weekend! I ended up calling HO and they confirmed it and even though it was submitted after tax free weekend, the "show date" was during the weekend, so they honored it! :thumbup: So, all you Massachusettsens (or Massachusites or whatever
pc ri lisa
Gold Member
Anyone ever offer Tax free days. On the 11th and 12th Massachusetts is offering tax free days. I have a bunch of customers in Mass. I am in RI does anyone have a flyer made up that I could offer my customers? I am assuming PC is not honoring this because I have not seen anything but the tax rate in Mass is only 5% anyways so I would still make a profit! What do you think?????

our tax free days are only good on items for school

I did something similar for my August customers. I told them in honor of tax free weekend in August I would also have tax free on orders over $50 (all month, though). They were excited!

ChefJWarren said:
I did something similar for my August customers. I told them in honor of tax free weekend in August I would also have tax free on orders over $50 (all month, though). They were excited!

So who pays for the tax? I am new at this so forgive the stupid questions.

I am asuming the consultant. You would take it out of your commision.

PC is doing the TAX FREE thing all weekend this weekend!!!! I got this email from a fellow consultant:

I contacted the Solution Center and
according to the Rep I spoke with she confirmed all orders placed this
weekend for Massachusetts sales is tax free. This includes supply
orders as well.

....wow!damn length requirement

chefkristin said:
PC is doing the TAX FREE thing all weekend this weekend!!!! I got this email from a fellow consultant:

orders as well.

So if you submit an order this weekend, I will not need to charge tax???

Only in Massachusetts. Thanks for the info Kristin that is great to know!

Smashie said:
So if you submit an order this weekend, I will not need to charge tax???
That is correct!!! So it even applies to SUPPLY ORDERS! I am ordering this weekend. I might even go buy a TV!!! We want a wide screen High Def since that will be required for everyone shortly. What better time to buy it than on TAX FREE weekend??

Tax free wkend...I assume TX too. I"m originally from OH and don't remember having tax free wkends, but I know this wkend is in TX. I've been told it's only for school items, but whatever I buy anywhere ends up being tax free!!!

Guess I"ll have to order more supplies too.

Liz

lizcooks4u said:
I assume TX too. I"m originally from OH and don't remember having tax free wkends, but I know this wkend is in TX. I've been told it's only for school items, but whatever I buy anywhere ends up being tax free!!!

Liz

I am originally from OH too, and I can tell you they never had a tax free weekend. When I moved to SC two years ago, I was shocked there ever was such a thing.

Unfortunately I was out of state this past weekend so I missed the tax free :mad: .

lizcooks4u said:
I assume TX too. I"m originally from OH and don't remember having tax free wkends, but I know this wkend is in TX. I've been told it's only for school items, but whatever I buy anywhere ends up being tax free!!!

Liz

Liz,
Tax Free Weekend for TX is August 17th, 18th and 19th, not this weekend.

chefkristin said:

orders as well.

This is correct. Last year I was in MA visiting relatives and my MIL put her order in through my website while we were there. It wasn't calculating any tax, I even went to the PC website and did the tax lookup and it kept coming up "0". Neither one of us knew it was tax free weekend! I ended up calling HO and they confirmed it and even though it was submitted after tax free weekend, the "show date" was during the weekend, so they honored it! :thumbup:
So, all you Massachusettsens (or Massachusites or whatever you're called!) :D shop away this weekend!!!!

To clarify for other states, many states only offer tax free on school items such as clothing and shoes, so check out the details before you go shopping!

MA consultants you are sooo lucky. Our sales tax is 6.75% which I think is high. Anyway, to answer your question I did a Tax Free day on April 15 this year. As soon as I mentioned it at a show, I immediately got a booking.

pkd09 said:
MA consultants you are sooo lucky. Our sales tax is 6.75% which I think is high. Anyway, to answer your question I did a Tax Free day on April 15 this year. As soon as I mentioned it at a show, I immediately got a booking.

Our tax rate is 8.8%. It is even higher in Seattle 9.2% or close to it. I'll take your rate anyday! :)

pamperedpals said:
Our tax rate is 8.8%. It is even higher in Seattle 9.2% or close to it. I'll take your rate anyday! :)
:eek: :yuck: :cry: :eek: :yuck: :cry:

That's INSANE!!

pamperedpals said:

Holy Moly! Ours here in NJ is 7% and I would LOVE a tax free weekend! 8.8% and 9.2%? I would MOVE! That really is insane!:grumpy:

What is Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend?

Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend, also known as Sales Tax Holiday, is an annual event where the state suspends the collection of sales tax on certain items. This allows shoppers to save money on purchases made during the designated weekend.

When is Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend?

The exact dates for Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend may vary from year to year, but it typically falls in August. The specific dates are announced by the state's Department of Revenue closer to the event.

What items are eligible for tax-free purchases?

The exempt items for Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend are determined by the state's Department of Revenue. Generally, eligible items include clothing, footwear, school supplies, and certain items under a certain dollar amount. However, items such as jewelry, watches, and meals at restaurants are not exempt.

Is Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend only for Massachusetts residents?

No, Rhode Island residents can also take advantage of Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend. However, you must physically make the purchase in Massachusetts to qualify for the tax exemption.

What is the benefit of shopping during Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend?

The main benefit of shopping during Massachusetts Tax-Free Weekend is the chance to save money on purchases by avoiding the 6.25% sales tax. This can be especially beneficial for back-to-school shopping or purchasing big-ticket items such as appliances or furniture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefheidi2003