• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Tax Exempt Shows on Native American Reservations

In summary, a consultant shared their experience with doing shows on a Native American Indian Reservation and the difficulties they faced with submitting tax exempt forms. They reached out to PC for help and received a response a week later, advising them to refer to the Policies and Procedures. However, the consultant is concerned about losing bookings due to the long wait times for product delivery and is unsure about the process for getting their money back. Other consultants offered suggestions such as faxing the forms or including a call back number for HO to contact them. Eventually, the consultant was able to reach HO and received the fax number to submit the forms. Another consultant shared their experience with successfully faxing in the forms for their Native American shows.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
I recently have done a few shows on a Native American Indian Reservation. The girls up there are great and I have generated MANY bookings from them. The problem is, I submitted a show about 2 or 3 wks ago and have another one I am submitting tonight and b/c some or in the case of tonights show all are tax exempt I am not sure what to do. I sent an email to PC b/c the wait times are horid for the calls and they responded back a week later saying I needed to look at the Policies and Procedures...okay great. But when looking, it seems like I have to mail in the show. I can't mail them in, I don't want to lose bookings b/c it takes forever to get the products. I have tax exempt forms for each Native American and wanted to find out what I need to do to get my money back. The only way I found to submit the shows on PPP was to pay their tax up front and then keep my fingers crossed that I get it back from PC. Any suggestions? Is there anyone else that has encountered this before that can help me figure out what I need to do?
Please help!!!

It does read like you'll have to mail it in, but I wonder if there's a fax number that you could fax the forms to (not the show order, the Native American Purchase form). If you included the show number on the forms, HO should be able to match them to the show transmission.But, never having encountered this, it sounds like something that really should be answered by HO.

Could you just put in a call back number and wait for a return call (giving you time to get other things done)?

That's what I would do to get a definitive answer from HO. :)

You just need to have each member fill out the appropriate tax exempt info on the Native American Purchase form (search for tax exempt under consultant corner). On each order that this applies to, click the tax exempt box on the order. You then just need to fax or mail the form to HO once you've submitted the show. The show does need to ship to an address that is on the reservation or else the tax exempt status is waived.

Try holding when you call HO. I held for 1 second the other day. Call back time was around 2 hours.

I have at least one of these shows every other month. I always fax in my form. The fax number (630) 261-8587 is on the bottom right hand corner of the "Native American Purchases" form. I have the guests write their Tribal ID number on their order form then transfer the information to the PC form myself. This form can be downloaded off of the PC website if you cannot find it in your materials. Hope this helps!

Thank you all so much for your help!! I did do the call back w/ HO and thankfully when they called me 2 hrs 45 min later, I was NOT driving at the time, so I was able to talk to them safely. They gave me the # to fax the info to and I am all set. Thank you all so much!!

JAE said:
Try holding when you call HO. I held for 1 second the other day. Call back time was around 2 hours.

What do you mean holding when I call HO? I am so interested to know what I can do to be able to talk to them right away. Thanks!!

Sometimes HO has a callback option when you call. Some consultants have noticed that if you just stay on the line instead of choosing the call back, you get to talk to someone in far less time than was estimated for a call back.

1. What is the process for setting up a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation?

The process for setting up a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation may vary depending on the specific reservation and its tax laws. In general, you will need to contact the tribal council or tax commission to obtain a tax-exempt permit or certificate. You may also need to provide documentation such as a letter from your employer, business license, or sales tax ID number.

2. Do I need to collect sales tax for purchases made by Native Americans at a tax-exempt show?

In most cases, if you have obtained a tax-exempt permit or certificate from the tribal council or tax commission, you will not need to collect sales tax for purchases made by Native Americans at a tax-exempt show. However, it is important to familiarize yourself with the specific tax laws of the reservation you are working on and follow any guidelines or instructions provided by the tribal council or tax commission.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of products that can be sold at a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation?

There may be restrictions on the types of products that can be sold at a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation. These restrictions may vary depending on the tribal council or tax commission, and it is important to inquire about any limitations or guidelines before setting up your show. Some common restrictions may include alcohol, tobacco, and certain types of weapons.

4. How do I report sales made at a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation?

The process for reporting sales made at a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation may vary depending on the specific reservation and its tax laws. In most cases, you will need to keep detailed records of all sales made at the show and report them to the tribal council or tax commission. It is important to follow any reporting guidelines or instructions provided by the tribal council or tax commission.

5. Are there any additional fees or paperwork required for participating in a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation?

There may be additional fees or paperwork required for participating in a tax-exempt show on a Native American reservation. These may include permit or license fees, as well as any required documentation or forms. It is important to inquire about these requirements before setting up your show and to follow any guidelines or instructions provided by the tribal council or tax commission.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ltricarico
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Karen
  • Darcy
  • General Chat
Replies