• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty Tidbits Vs My Email Designs

something funky?These are paid newsletter services. The "catch" (if you want to call it that) is that you pay for the service. Personally, I believe it's worth every penny I pay for it since I don't have to spend my time creating a newsletter each month.
Rachelle
Hi there

I'm new at Pampered Chef and would like your feedback on which newsletter you prefer. How does it work? do I forward it to my customers directly?

I received a sample and find that both are appealing - I can't decide lol

I use Mike's and love it. Love using it in conjunction w/ i-contact. 1 click on the newsletter and it uploads into i-contact. I haven't used TT but I know others love it. I too got samples before I chose and just preferred Mike's content and layout.

I love Joy's Tasty Tidbits! If you decide to go with Joy's you can use me as a referral!
Welcome to our group. Lots of great friends, sharing and tips here!

Thank you so much for replying - do both refer to Hostess & Guest special? on the main page or as a click on - which one has more recipes? and cooking tips?

Rachelle said:
Thank you so much for replying - do both refer to Hostess & Guest special? on the main page or as a click on - which one has more recipes? and cooking tips?

I can send you a copy of June's newsletter, if you want. You can see all the content that's included. PM me your email address if you want it :)

The June issue for TT has click on links for host and guest specials. TT also usually has more than 1 recipe and cooking tips.

Thank you so much for your advice !! As a newbie I appreciate all input !

With TT you also get access to a lot of other things that Joy creates. She does a shorter mid-month email as well as an outlet update. She doesn't of course recommend sending them all to your customers, but there are lots of choices. You also get lots of other emails, flyers etc that are available for you to send out at any time you need to.

plus a mid month quick bites and end of month outlet newsletter from Tastey! :)

I also use Mike's and love it. I use iContact too. I have used TT but I like Mike's newsletter much better. One part that I really love about Mike's newsletter is that when you click on a picture in the newsletter it goes directly to ordering that product on my website.

does anyone have a link to Mike's newsletter/website? I've never heard of his. I've been with By Request but think my sub has ended. I don't know how to tell.

Another newbie here:

If someone wouldn't mind - can you please explain what you are even all referring to? I want to do a newsletter to my customers as I have been on another consultants list and always enjoyed getting the updates. Is that what you are referring to? If so, whats the 'catch' with these newsletters that you refer to? Are they done for you? I tried to answer my own question by looking at other posts/categories but no such luck.

Thanks ahead of time!

Melissa78 said:
Another newbie here:

If someone wouldn't mind - can you please explain what you are even all referring to? I want to do a newsletter to my customers as I have been on another consultants list and always enjoyed getting the updates. Is that what you are referring to? If so, whats the 'catch' with these newsletters that you refer to? Are they done for you? I tried to answer my own question by looking at other posts/categories but no such luck.

Thanks ahead of time!

These are paid newsletter services. The "catch" (if you want to call it that) is that you pay for the service. Personally, I believe it's worth every penny I pay for it since I don't have to spend my time creating a newsletter each month.

Joy is a member here on CS and creates Tasty Tidbits. You can get details on her website: http://www.tastytidbits.net. I haven't used Mike's, so I'm not sure if he has a website.

caraighan said:
I also use Mike's and love it. I use iContact too. I have used TT but I like Mike's newsletter much better. One part that I really love about Mike's newsletter is that when you click on a picture in the newsletter it goes directly to ordering that product on my website.

I was always under the impression that if you link to any other place on your site except the main page, it breaks the link to your site. Whenever I copy links from every other section of my site, it always has a .com on it and doesn't have my site in the address. Have you confirmed that these links work and send you to your site after you've cleared cookies to ensure that isn't doing it?

NooraK said:
These are paid newsletter services. The "catch" (if you want to call it that) is that you pay for the service. Personally, I believe it's worth every penny I pay for it since I don't have to spend my time creating a newsletter each month.

Joy is a member here on CS and creates Tasty Tidbits. You can get details on her website: http://www.tastytidbits.net. I haven't used Mike's, so I'm not sure if he has a website.

Thanks for the explanation on Joys service!

gailz2 said:
does anyone have a link to Mike's newsletter/website? I've never heard of his. I've been with By Request but think my sub has ended. I don't know how to tell.

MyEmailDesigns.com

I love Joy's site and newsletter. She has also created an option where you can upload various "pieces" of your newsletter if you don't want the whole one. She does an awesome flyer called, "DYLAB (Do You Love a Bargain") which shows your Host the next two months specials to encourage them to get bookings for each of those months. I showed it to a HO lead Host last night and she and her DH were very excited about getting bookings for those months to get those Host specials!

NooraK said:
I was always under the impression that if you link to any other place on your site except the main page, it breaks the link to your site. Whenever I copy links from every other section of my site, it always has a .com on it and doesn't have my site in the address. Have you confirmed that these links work and send you to your site after you've cleared cookies to ensure that isn't doing it?

I don't know how it works with Mike's website, but it does. It links directly to the product on my website. His website is MyEmailDesigns.com. If you decide to join please give my name as a referral. He gives one free month when you refer someone who signs up. My name is Maria Harrison. I will be happy to send you my last one so you can see it if you wish! Just PM me and I will give you my email address.
thanks!

gailz2 said:

Mike's website is MyEmailDesigns.com. Please use my name as a referral. My name is Maria Harrison. PM me if you want me to send you a sample and I will give you my email address.
thanks!

Mike's also has other newsletters he puts out every month, along with the main monthly newsletter. There's a mid-month newsletter that's pretty short, highlights the current month's specials and outlet. There's also an Outlet newsletter that basically announces the product updates.

You can take out or add anything to the newsletter. It's totally customizable (is that even a word?? lol!). I LOVE the direct links to my PWS! I also love how pictures can be clicked on, and again, they are directed to that product page on my PWS.

It's totally professional looking and gets results! :love:

If anyone wants to see June's newsletter, pm me your email address and I'll send it to you right away so you can check it all out. :chef:

For those who do not use iContact - do you have a preference over one newsletter service vs the other? Formatting? Layout? Do you find any issues with either one when not using iContact?

Melissa78 said:
For those who do not use iContact - do you have a preference over one newsletter service vs the other? Formatting? Layout? Do you find any issues with either one when not using iContact?

I used Mike's for a long time before I signed up for iContact. I loved it then too. iContact is an added benefit to me.

Can anyone send me a sample of one month from both services. I would love to see what it looks like before I spend the money. Has anyone ever signed up and then cut and pasted so their consultants can take advantage also? Would that ever work? my email is [email protected] Thanks in advance

cookn' katie said:
Can anyone send me a sample of one month from both services. I would love to see what it looks like before I spend the money. Has anyone ever signed up and then cut and pasted so their consultants can take advantage also? Would that ever work? my email is [email protected] Thanks in advance

If you go to Joy's Tasty Tidbits website you can get a sample copy of her newsletter.

cookn' katie said:

Well, I know for Joy's it wouldn't, since she has direct links to your website all through the newsletter.

And really, that wouldn't be fair. It would be like a host grabbing one of your cookbooks at a show, and making copies of all the recipes for her friends, so they don't have to buy the cookbook themselves.

cookn' katie said:
Has anyone ever signed up and then cut and pasted so their consultants can take advantage also?

Please don't. :( It's not fair to all the others who pay for the service.

AND...the newsletter services (I use both by the way, one one month and one the next), are very reasonably priced. I feel that if I want to award a consultant one and pay for it that's one thing, but I also think if they have a few $$ invested, it's going to mean more to them and they will use it more.

PampChefJoy said:
Please don't. :( It's not fair to all the others who pay for the service.

Thanks, Joy for getting in on this thread. I have been telling people to go to your site and sign up for a sample to see what they can get from you.:thumbup:

Thanks Harriet! I generally try to stay out of "review" threads unless there is a question directed at me... it's not my forum for self-promotion, kwim? But I appreciate all the kind words from everyone!I am working on another alternative (cheaper!) to iContact for mailing list management and delivery :)

PampChefJoy said:
Thanks Harriet! I generally try to stay out of "review" threads unless there is a question directed at me... it's not my forum for self-promotion, kwim? But I appreciate all the kind words from everyone!

I am working on another alternative (cheaper!) to iContact for mailing list management and delivery :)

Ohhhh - I'm very interested!:D

PampChefJoy said:
I am working on another alternative (cheaper!) to iContact for mailing list management and delivery :)

This would be fabulous! Can you let me know when you are ready to unveil? Thanks!

[email protected]

PampChefJoy said:
Thanks Harriet! I generally try to stay out of "review" threads unless there is a question directed at me... it's not my forum for self-promotion, kwim? But I appreciate all the kind words from everyone!

I do know what you mean, Joy and appreciate it. I just felt that if you replied like you just did others would know how to reach you and the new people especially could put a "face" to the name and see your link.

I am also interested in what comes out of your alternative (cheaper) to icontact. I'll be waiting to hear!

Thanks again for all you do!:chef:

I'd love to know too since I'm not into how iContact comes through to emails.

PampChefJoy said:

That would be great!!!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
This would be fabulous! Can you let me know when you are ready to unveil? Thanks!

[email protected]

Hopefully in about another week.

Laurie - did you see I credited you a month for a referral? I just updated this morning!

PampChefJoy said:
Hopefully in about another week.

Laurie - did you see I credited you a month for a referral? I just updated this morning!

OOOH.....yay! I miss your newsletter....hoping to finally subscribe soon....on my way to play. Thanks for the update Joy! = )

Just tried to gain access to the newsletter, but I can't seem to access the newsletter. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
eek sorry - forgot to update one other thing.. you should be good now.

PampChefJoy said:
eek sorry - forgot to update one other thing.. you should be good now.

Boy, you're quick! Thanks! I do appreciate it!

How does "iContact" work compared to sending the newsletter thru Outlook express?

PampChefJoy said:

Can't wait to hear!!!

Joy, do you offer a Canadian version as well?

You can email Joy at [email protected], but I somehow think I remember seeing someone from Canada saying they use TT, just change the prices.

1. How does the newsletter preference work?

The newsletter preference allows you to choose between Tasty Tidbits and My Email Designs as your preferred newsletter format. This will determine which newsletter you receive and can send to your customers.

2. Do I need to forward the newsletter to my customers directly?

No, you do not need to forward the newsletter to your customers. Once you have chosen your preferred format, the newsletter will automatically be sent to your customers through your Pampered Chef account.

3. Can I change my newsletter preference?

Yes, you can change your newsletter preference at any time by accessing your account settings and selecting a new preferred format.

4. What are the differences between Tasty Tidbits and My Email Designs?

Tasty Tidbits is a pre-designed newsletter template that includes recipes, tips, and product information. My Email Designs allows you to customize your own newsletter with your own content and images.

5. Which newsletter do you recommend?

Both Tasty Tidbits and My Email Designs are great options and it ultimately depends on your personal preference and the needs of your customers. We suggest trying out both options and seeing which one works best for you and your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbachen
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • KristyH
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
KristyH
  • PampChefJoy