• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tastefully Simple Dips at Friday Show: Hosting Dilemma

In summary, the consultant was asked to serve her dips at her show on Friday, and it's unclear whether or not she was asked to do a sales talk or just have the food out. The host said that she would be offended if the consultant for the other company asked her not to serve in PC pieces.
j&k'smom
I have a host who has asked if she can serve some of her Tastefully Simple dips at her show on Friday. Has anyone ever been asked a question like this? It is her house, so I don't feel I have a choice, but I would like Pampered Chef products to be the only items being sold that morning! Maybe I should suggest we include the PC Parm. dip alongside the others. Any thoughts?? :grumpy:

That's a tough one. You could tell her you don't need any extra food for your demo, but if she wants to offer more that's fine. Remind her that she's trying to earn free PAMPERED CHEF products, so it's best if you let everyone sample PC Pantry food. You could suggest that only the food from the recipe be served to be "fair".

Is the host a consultant for T.S? If not, then no big deal... just do as JAE said and stress that she is trying to earn as many PC products as possible. I personally wouldn't care as long as it doesn't turn into a "You've got to try this TS dip!" type of thing. Another idea is do you have any Southwest Seasoning mix? You could offer a couple tablespoons of your own mixes... parm dip too, just as you said!

I had a show in Dec and the lady was a longeberger cons. She asked if it would be ok to have a table of Long. stuff out. I told her of course.... I did ask was she wanting to do a sales talk or just have it out. She just wanted it out. I had close to a $1000 show, she sold none of the long. and they all had a great time! They were there for PC. :)

Good luck!

She is a consultant, but I actually have been encouraging her to sell PC!!

I have actually done a few combined PC & TS shows. I would say sure but serve her items in our SA pieces.

If I were a host, I would be ticked if the consultant told me what other kinds of food I could/couldn't serve. As long as she is not making you use the TS products as YOUR demo recipes, and they are not the same as what you are preparing, there shouldn't be a problem.

Chances are her friends already know she is a TS rep. If they want TS products, they would probably ask her for info anyway. It would seem silly for her NOT to use dip mixes she already has readily available for the extra recipes.

I think of it this way: If I were hosting a home party (jewelry, candles or whatever) I would MOST CERTAINLY serve the food I was preparing in my PC pieces. And I would most likely serve PC recipes. And I would be offended if the consultant for the other company asked me not to serve in PC pieces.

We sell so many other items than just the few pantry items that would make a dip that there really isn't that big of a conflict.

JMO

I feel the way you do. It is her home and her ts business - she can do what she wants. I was just caught off guard when she asked. The girl who recruited me has the bamboo snack bowls and trays - I will see if I can borrow them for the show. Thanks so much everyone.

I did a joint show (more like a vendor fair) with a TS consultant, a gold buyer consultant and another DS consultant, and everything worked out GREAT (especially for me). The gold buyer did awesome. The TS consultant did so-so, but she was looking more for bookings than sales. It was my biggest show ever, because I did my demo separately but was prepping in the kitchen as the other consultants went through their business presentations, and people were walking by and asking questions and chatting with me the whole time, even before it was my turn to do my demo. I don't see a problem with letting her serve the dips. Your demo will stand out anyway. :)

i want to say this that i had a combined party in nov with tasfully simple and me and i had a 900 show and a 500 tastefully simple show. my host for pc got to pick 190in free and 3 half priced items so i think that if she wants to she can being i had 13 people there and a few outside orders besides.

I am sooooooo excited!! I had the party this morning - not so good yet - @ $220 with hopes of some more outside orders. However, there were 5 ladies there - they ALL booked parties, and 3 of them are interested in the business!! Including the ts girl!!! I am meeting them all on Monday for coffee and hoping to sign them all!!
GOD IS GOOD - AND HE IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!

j&k'smom said:
I am sooooooo excited!! I had the party this morning - not so good yet - @ $220 with hopes of some more outside orders. However, there were 5 ladies there - they ALL booked parties, and 3 of them are interested in the business!! Including the ts girl!!! I am meeting them all on Monday for coffee and hoping to sign them all!!

That is awesome. I wouldn't mind that sales with all the booking and leads that you received from it being just 5 ladies there. GREEEEAAAAT job!!!

That's exactly what I thought. Better to have low sales, High bookings and leads then the other way around. I am on cloud nine today!!!

awesome, what did you say to these ladies. A very dear friend of mine just signed with TS ( I really don't like it) she said because of the reorders. If I hear one more person say "I love their beer bread" I am going to scream!

pclinskie said:
awesome, what did you say to these ladies. A very dear friend of mine just signed with TS ( I really don't like it) she said because of the reorders. If I hear one more person say "I love their beer bread" I am going to scream!

maybe you should order ours and give it a try?

pclinskie said:

I made our beer bread for the adults at my son's birthday party today. I only put a bit out b/c it was right after lunch. They scarfed it down and ended up going through the whole loaf. I thought I would have leftovers for dinner with my girlfriends tomorrow night. No such luck.

Someone told me that Target sells beer bread mix as well. I've never done a taste test. I don't think TS's is much different from ours. People just don't think of us for beer bread.

TS's beer bread is a more moist bread. I prefer ours because it is a bit drier and earier to use with things like spinach dip.

Honestly, I told my director that these girls were just ripe for the picking!! The were excited from the get-go to sell PC. So I really talked up the company. I had all ready talked with the host during my host coaching. The ts girl isn't making money and hoping for something better. I told them that I started in October and what I made paid for Christmas! Our benefits are better from what I hear also.

esavvymom said:
maybe you should order ours and give it a try?

Ours is better, plus we get two loaves and they only sell a box with one loaf for around the same price.:chef:

j&k'smom said:

Please update us and tell us how it's going with these ladies! Did they all sign? How are they doing?

Just reading this thread for the first time and would like to know the outcome too. But as consultant why couldn't you suggest that you can make dips from our seasonings. In the December Consultant news they had recipes on how to make dips. I believe it's 1 c. mayo, 1 c. sour cream and 2-3 T of Dill Seasoning, or Southwest Seasoning Mix, etc. Just a thought. That way you'd be selling our products and she'd be earning more free products when the guests order some Pantry items.

BeckyC5830 said:
Just reading this thread for the first time and would like to know the outcome too. But as consultant why couldn't you suggest that you can make dips from our seasonings. In the December Consultant news they had recipes on how to make dips. I believe it's 1 c. mayo, 1 c. sour cream and 2-3 T of Dill Seasoning, or Southwest Seasoning Mix, etc. Just a thought. That way you'd be selling our products and she'd be earning more free products when the guests order some Pantry items.

Because the host is a TS consultant, and she was probably hoping to get some interest/sales in her own line also...;)

So far, none of them have signed. They all backed out of the meeting (not a good sign!!) I have a show with the most likely candidate on Thursday, and I'm hoping she will commit. One girl just had back surgery and is not supposed to be working at all, much less carrying PC stuff to shows and the TS girl is just wishy-washy. I am trying not to judge, but Ts is not her first direct sales business, so maybe this isn't her thing. Either way, I will meet with her and the first girl after her show and see what happens. They are sisters by the way. I am really hoping to sign the one and get the points and the lawn stuff!!! Plus, I was at the Lancaster Spring Launch and I will get extra points if I sign someone in Feb. Yeah!!!

Just wondering if you have an update... Did at least the one girl sign up? How was the show?

No such luck...and honestly, I don't care. She isn't going to sign at this point because of the $150 she would need to stay active. All of these girls have sold for other companies, and gotten out of them...so I don't think she will be a real great addition to my team. I let her know that going inactive is not a huge deal if she is not interested in making a carreer of this, but I'm not pushing.
The show itself was a fiasco!!! I didn't ask very good questions about the directions and ended up getting lost. She was no help on the phone. She finally told me that her husband would meet me at the end of their road (which I found out later did not have a sign for the road name that could be seen from the road!!!). It was very dark, in the middle of nowhere, and I finally saw a car stopped at the end of a road. So I pulled up and asked, "are you looking for a lost Pampered Chef lady?" to which the man outside of the car answered "no"!!! Fortunately, he was not an ax murderer, and I was on the right road. I made it about 10 minutes before the party was to start. It was in a tiny, messy trailer. She had told me her oven wasn't working so I should make the P. chowder in the microwave. I always ask how big the microwave is, but I didn't this time, and sure enough, it was too small!! So the chowder was made in the batter bowl... it took forever and was very messy. The big screen TV was blaring the whole time, and...well, I could go on-and-on. It was just one of those nights! I was so glad to get home!!
If she wants to sign, she will. If not, "who's next"!!

Now you know why she isn't a very good DS consultant of ANY kind. :) Bless and release. You don't need the headache.

Uggh! What a nightmare! So sorry you had to have that experience.

j&k'smom said:
No such luck...and honestly, I don't care. She isn't going to sign at this point because of the $150 she would need to stay active. All of these girls have sold for other companies, and gotten out of them...so I don't think she will be a real great addition to my team. I let her know that going inactive is not a huge deal if she is not interested in making a carreer of this, but I'm not pushing.
The show itself was a fiasco!!! I didn't ask very good questions about the directions and ended up getting lost. She was no help on the phone. She finally told me that her husband would meet me at the end of their road (which I found out later did not have a sign for the road name that could be seen from the road!!!). It was very dark, in the middle of nowhere, and I finally saw a car stopped at the end of a road. So I pulled up and asked, "are you looking for a lost Pampered Chef lady?" to which the man outside of the car answered "no"!!! Fortunately, he was not an ax murderer, and I was on the right road. I made it about 10 minutes before the party was to start. It was in a tiny, messy trailer. She had told me her oven wasn't working so I should make the P. chowder in the microwave. I always ask how big the microwave is, but I didn't this time, and sure enough, it was too small!! So the chowder was made in the batter bowl... it took forever and was very messy. The big screen TV was blaring the whole time, and...well, I could go on-and-on. It was just one of those nights! I was so glad to get home!!
If she wants to sign, she will. If not, "who's next"!!

Eeewww... Did she have guests? I would not even worry about her any more...

That's one thing about our business. You meet all kinds of people in all kinds of houses/living quarters. And every party is different. I can totally relate to the blaring TV. Some people are just clueless.

She did have 5 guests (only one of them paying that night). She told me she would have 12, but she must have been including children and boyfriends!? I told her that I needed to close by the 15th at the latest. When it came up at the show, her mom (who is doing a book party for me in Feb.) said, "why do you have to close so soon?" to which I replied, "I have a dead-line for this show to get it in before the 15th". Her mom said, "why can't someone else's show be closed by then?" and I said, "well your show is next, how about you?". Fortunately it worked. She gave me her orders and paid for them on Sunday, so her book show was my 2nd Feb. show! The cooking show is at around $175 at the moment, she is supposed to be getting outside orders and we are closing Friday.
Her mother drove me crazy the whole night asking question after question..."why is this so much?, why aren't there more stainless steel pieces?, why did DeAnna (TS girl) get the grinder set with the salt/pepp. for $23?", and on, and on, and on...then at the end of the night she told me that she might sell PC!?!?! Now she just signed with Partylight for the second time! Thanks, but no thanks!!

1. Can my host serve Tastefully Simple dips at the Friday show?

Yes, your host is allowed to serve any food or drinks at the show, as it is her house. However, it is ultimately up to you if you want to allow other products to be sold alongside Pampered Chef items.

2. Do I have a choice in allowing Tastefully Simple dips?

As the consultant, it is ultimately your decision whether or not to allow other products to be sold at the show. You can discuss this with your host and come to a mutually agreed upon decision.

3. How can I make sure Pampered Chef products are the only items being sold?

You can politely remind your host that the focus of the show is on Pampered Chef products and ask if she would be willing to only serve those items. Alternatively, you can suggest including the PC Parm. dip alongside the Tastefully Simple dips to ensure that Pampered Chef products are still the main focus.

4. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

It is possible that other consultants have been in a similar situation. You can reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice on how to handle the situation.

5. What are your thoughts on including the PC Parm. dip with the Tastefully Simple dips?

Including the PC Parm. dip alongside the Tastefully Simple dips is a good compromise to ensure that Pampered Chef products are still being highlighted at the show. It also allows your host to serve her preferred dips while still promoting your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Raenstorm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Raenstorm
  • Deb Bixler
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • cewcooks