• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste of Home Show: Questions & Advice Needed

In summary, the author of this summary recommends that people attend the Taste of Home show to find new hosts and recruits, as well as to sell Pampered Chef cookware. They also suggest that people start doing a yearly booth at their local Home and Garden show.
bprstv
Not sure if this is the correct area to post this but Has anyone done a Taste of Home Show? I was able to get a booth at one in my area for April and want to be prepared. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Taste of Home ShowAnother consultant and I did one last March. It was very crowded with a lot of booths. I still have a couple of repeat hosts from that :) , but the recruit leads did not sign on .

There is an excellent CD on the supply order form, called Meet the Public. Well worth $2!

It has some really good suggestions, like if you have a drawing, don't put your container (I used a Classic Batter Bowl with a slit cut in the lid) out where everyone can put a slip in. Ask them to fill in the entire form (a lot of people carry return address labels, slap one on and drop it in) and give it to you.

We gave away some SB, some things we had extra on hand: nylon tools, a striped small bowl, Beer Bread Mix, and "free shows". The free show winners (everybody) gave us about 8 bookings each (a lot of people turned down their prize :rolleyes: go figure).

We sold SB, gave away all our old catalogs, and had samples. I have heard of people who just saute onions and garlic to get people to come see what they are doing, instead of having samples. Chopping anything with the Food Chopper brings people over, too. We had a can of peanuts, and let people chop away. Really annoys those around after a couple hours ;)

The main thing is to be ready to follow up. It was way too many responses for 2 people who have full time jobs and families. You may want to offer team members or hosts the opportunity to help you (maybe they will sign up!).

Hope this helps some. We had a lot of fun, and we walked around to see what others did that people seemed to like. It was a lot of work, but we'll do it next time, too!

I did the taste of home and it was so awsome because of it i had the past oct- dec that i never would have had if i did not do it. I found a door prize drawing slip here on this site it came to 4 a page and it had yes no maybe on it I called all my yes and all my maybe's and almost everyone said yes. so the most important thing is follow up good luck i know it was awsome for me.

bprstv said:
Not sure if this is the correct area to post this but Has anyone done a Taste of Home Show? I was able to get a booth at one in my area for April and want to be prepared. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Beth,

I sent you an email the other day telling you what I did at my TOH booth. I had a thought after I sent it. You can display the new products for Help Whip Cancer which is in May. Maybe get some bookings or fundraisers from that!

Missed itI missed the Taste of Home in my area last year, but have it calendared to call the contact person when it comes around again this year. I plan on having a booth.

I have been a guest at Taste of Home in the past and it is a very well attended event. Lots of possible hosts and recruits!

Fyi
Sk8Mom209 said:
I missed the Taste of Home in my area last year, but have it calendared to call the contact person when it comes around again this year. I plan on having a booth.

I have been a guest at Taste of Home in the past and it is a very well attended event. Lots of possible hosts and recruits!

Someone on this site told me a week or so ago that, starting later this year, Pampered Chef will no longer be able to have booths at TOH Shows. They are going to start selling cookware and things and they say it will be a conflict of interest for them. Actually, I had someone tell me the other day they bought this wonderful piece of cookware from Walmart that said Taste of Home on it. :(

I'm going to start doing a yearly booth at our local Home and Garden show. It brings in a much bigger crowd anyway.

Taste of Home is starting their own Party Plan company starting May 1 called Taste of Home Entertaining. I have heard they will have cookware, kitchen items as well as entertaining, serving types of things. I would think that they will stop allowing other competing companies from taking part in their shows.

I do not see howthey could. This is how the sponsors of the show make their money back. From the conversation I had with the show coordinator in my area, vendor booths are in the $750 range and include extensive advertising with all of the vendors participating (print, radio, tv, billboards, mailers, etc.) Without the vendors, the sponsors to not afford the advertising required for an event like this. I know that the coordinator already has a spot earmarked for me, as they have never had a PC booth and it is a perfect fit for this event (I am quoting her).

Sk8Mom209 said:
they could. This is how the sponsors of the show make their money back. From the conversation I had with the show coordinator in my area, vendor booths are in the $750 range and include extensive advertising with all of the vendors participating (print, radio, tv, billboards, mailers, etc.) Without the vendors, the sponsors to not afford the advertising required for an event like this. I know that the coordinator already has a spot earmarked for me, as they have never had a PC booth and it is a perfect fit for this event (I am quoting her).

$750 for a booth!!!!! :eek: My booth was only $75, plus I had to pay a sponsor fee of $90 (which included an add in the paper) and then I had to donate a $25 gift to be given away.

thank youthanks everyone for giving me some ideas for my booth. If anybody thinks of anything else let me know. I'm really nervous my PC hasn't been going well. The ideas on this site are the best. THANKS AGAIN!!

Fee includedHEAVY media coverage. This event is really promoted well in our area and all of the vendors are promoted along with it. So every newspaper ad (several) and radio spot, billboard, poster, flyer etc. includes the information on all participating vendors.

I stress "follow up"I went to a showing as a customer and being a pc consultant i know how important those slips are. I was surprised that out of the dozen or so slips I filled out that only one company called me and when i didn't return her call she never called back. People get busy and won't call you back, when calling mark date and time on slip, try 3 times at 3 different times, if still no response then it wasn't meant to be. I was so surprised that these vendors put out $250 plus gifts to be at the show and never followed through. Guard your investment!
Lorna

1. What is a Taste of Home Show?

A Taste of Home Show is a cooking demonstration and sales event hosted by Pampered Chef consultants. It features live cooking demonstrations, tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products, and the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef products.

2. How can I attend a Taste of Home Show?

To attend a Taste of Home Show, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant in your area or visit the Pampered Chef website to find upcoming events near you. You can also host your own Taste of Home Show by booking a party with a consultant.

3. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at a Taste of Home Show?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products at a Taste of Home Show. The consultants hosting the event will have a selection of products available for purchase, and you can also place orders for any products you are interested in.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions at a Taste of Home Show?

Yes, consultants may offer discounts or promotions at a Taste of Home Show. This can vary from event to event, so it's best to check with the consultant hosting the event for specific details.

5. Can I get cooking advice at a Taste of Home Show?

Absolutely! The consultants hosting the event are trained in using Pampered Chef products and can provide cooking tips and advice during the live demonstrations. You can also ask any questions you have about using Pampered Chef products or cooking techniques.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
niclowther
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • keyssizzler