• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you heard of the Taste of Home Cooking Schools?

which was surprising because I thought it was an exclusive show for the vendors. Anyway, there were a lot of people there. I didn't get a chance to talk to the vendor, but she had a lot of people asking her questions. The thing that caught my attention was that they no longer allow PCs in the booths. I know that PC vendors were not allowed at the Taste of Home show last year, but I was surprised to see one there yesterday. I'm not sure if they are allowed to have booths now that TOHE is out there...but I would check it out. I don't know how much it is and I didn't have a chance to talk to the vendor after it was over, but
ChefSandyK
Just thought I'd let everyone know...was at a Taste of Home cooking school last night. I know I read on here a while ago that PC would no longer be allowed to have booths now that TOHE is out there...BUT there was a PC vendor at the show last night! SO, if you are interested, and there is a show near you...I would check it out. I don't know how much it is and I didn't have a chance to talk to the vendor after it was over, but I know there were a whole lot of people at the show...

Have a great night,
Sandy

Taste of HomeHi Sandy,

I heard Taste of Home cooking schools are featuring their own product line, called Taste of Home Entertaining. Did you see them at the cooking school you went to?

Sally

I did a taste of Home cooking scholl last year and I got tons of leads off of it so if you can do I would do it in a heart beat I know the cost is different from place to place. I am hoping that I can do it next year to help with my bookings again.

I'll be in one the first Tuesday of April. I'll let you know how it goes. :D

Bethh how much is your table running

My cluster mates are doing a booth at one the end of this month. I would have done it with them but am due to have a baby any day now. i really wish I could have participated.

I hadn't heard of this, so I did a search and just logged on to their home page...not the school, but their home page.

YIKES!
:eek: Is that busy!

That is about the scariest collection of crap I have ever seen on a home page. If you ever wanted to know what a bad web page looks like, there is one of the best examples I've ever seen.

Sheesh.

pamperedchef2 said:
Bethh how much is your table running
$225 and it included an ad in the local paper and we can put "something" in their goodie bag - they want 1000. I'm doing this with my director and we're putting a coupon in the bags. We also have to give a $25 door prize and will be mentioned from the stage when it is awarded.

Booths can only be open from 4-6:30 and must be closed during their cooking show with tear down AFTER the show. The thing that has upset me about this is that they are advertising the event to start at 6:30. And then in smaller print they say doors open at 4 for pre-show events and vendor booths.

Don't worry......it was the same with the show on Monday night. Doors were open from 4:30 to 6:30 with the show starting at 6:30. Even though the show didn't start until 6:30, there PLENTY of people there at 4:30. By 6:30, everyone was MORE than ready to tear down...lol. Unlike your show, though...we could tear down during the cooking school...we didn't have to wait until after. From what I'm told, every show is different because they are run by the local media. TOH gives them guidance, but it is the media's call.

The PC person for this show put in a recipe card with her name on it and a new mini-catalog. She's a director, and I know she had one other person at the table with her. I'm not sure if they split the cost...? I could handle the recipe card, but the mini-catalogs sure would get expensive!

You can email me privately if you want more details on how it went...

Have a great day,
Sandy

I must live under a rock!

I've never in my wide life heard of this company....geeze...I feel so sheltered.

dont worry Linda me too but i went to the web site and i called on a couple that are within an hour drive

LindaK said:
I must live under a rock!

I've never in my wide life heard of this company....geeze...I feel so sheltered.
I'll bet you have.

http://www.reimanpub.com/

Ack the TOH site is awful looking... :eek: Could you imagine? lol
Are their shows (schools?) that unorganized? And here I thought that I couldn't love our Flash site more than I already did. Hah. ;)

Pampered Laura said:
Ack the TOH site is awful looking... :eek: Could you imagine? lol
Are their shows (schools?) that unorganized? And here I thought that I couldn't love our Flash site more than I already did. Hah. ;)
It looks like the cover of a tabloid magazine, designed to catch your eye at the checkout. Of course, that's what the cover of the TOH magazine looks like, too.

Taste of Home Cooking ShowI just did a vendor booth at the Taste of Home show yesterday. It opened up to the public at 10:00 AM & they called it something else (kind of like a women's expo event I think), and then around 3:00 PM, people who had purchased tickets to the Taste of Home started coming in by the hoards to get early seating. (It was packed) I was the only PC vendor there, and was told they would have 90 vendors. When I started setting up, I noticed there was not space for 90 vendors, and was told they had oversold on the tickets to the cooking show. They then had to reduce space allowed to vendors and set up more chairs for the cooking show. This worked gret for me. That meant that actually more "Ticket paying customers" would actually be coming. Usually those that will pay to get into a show are they ones that will be more likely to be interested in other "cooking" types of products. (PC tools and partys). I had a door prize drawing for a garlic press, food chopper & cook book. People were backed up at my booth to fill out drawing slips. I talked with lots of people and will be booking several shows. (book & party) It was a gamble for me, as I only signed up one day ahead of the show; and I had to do it on my own. In all, I would do it again in a heart beat. I was very very pleased with the response. I also had very nice vendors on both sides of me. What was wierd that during the cooking school they had three references to the "Easy Read Measuring Cups" they were using in the demonstration, but no reference to them being PC products. They also did about a 1 minute videotaped bleep on the large screen TV's place around the auditorium about their new "Taste of Home Party Plan". It was very vague though, (not impressive). No Taste of Home Booth was at the show though. E-mail me if you want more info. PS: I paid $125.00 for a 10 x 10 space, including 1 6' table & two chairs. :)

Found one Now What?okay i found one and i got a table i am SO excited but now i wonder what i should put in the goodie bags (1000) it is about an hour away from my house so i was thinking about doing a cupon to off set the direct shipping cost and i was thinking about doing the book to look bag to get bookings those of you that have done it will i be okay on my own

taste of homeI really would not even bother with the bags. If you are doing it by yourself, it will just take up additio:) nal time. Just be sure to take plenty of "door prize drawing slips", and be ready to talk to everyone. You probabley won't have much time to sit down either. I did take some of the new catalogs & some mini-catalogs, but did not hand them out unless they acted like they were really interested. I did not want them to be trashed like so much information they got at all the other booths. Be sure you know all about the new products, as people are very interested in them. (Also, be sure and promote the WHC promotion for May parties) Hope you have a great turn-out. Let us know how it went.

If they are requiring you to put something in the bag, which they usually do, I would do a business card with a note on the back saying book a party by such and such date and you will recieve a free gift. I had to do that I had no one call me but I did get tons of bookings from the people I called. Good Luck

Attn: Okla PC ConsultantsI just noticed that on March 28, there will be a Taste of Home Cooking cooking show in Bartlesville, OK. If you live in that area, it would definately be worth checking into. If I lived closer to that area, I would do it myself. I did very well on bookings from the Taste of Home Show in Claremore, OK.

Hope this helps someone!!:)

I hate where I live :(. They never do any cool stuff in Delaware!

How to get a cooking school near you.....the schools are sponsered by local media. Call your local (insert TV, radio, newspaper, etc) and ask them if they have thought about hosting a show. It is usually quite profitable for the media putting it on. Direct them to the website...and make sure you claim your booth!

Have a great night,
Sandy

Taste of HomeI am doing a TOH show on April 25 in Ohio. They have sold out already for 1500 people. Our 10x10 cost $325.00. We are really looking forward to this. Any advice as to how to qualify the leads as they come by the booth. As I anticipate shuttling 1500 through in a 2 hour period will be rather crazy.

Taste of HomeI am excited that you have the opportunity to do this show. You must have another experienced consultant there to help you. You both will need to be very assertive and initiate conversation with people at your booth. Set your booth up with a long table across the back and another one butting up to it, going up the side. (L shaped) That way people can get into your area and look at your attractive display. I had a door prize drawing for a garlic press, handy chopper and a cookbook. People always wanted to register to win one of the prizes. I had an Easter Basket for them to put their door-prize slips in. I sat down less than 30 min. for the whole time of the show. When you sit down, people will keep walking and not stop to look at what you offer. You will need to stand and ask people about what PC items they have, what they are wanting next, have they been to a recent PC party, etc. just make good eye contact with them. Let them know they can participate in helping with HWC promo in May. I just talked, talked and talked, but got a lot of great leads and have booked many parties from it. Have your spring products there also. I also was demonstrating the handi chopper (using cucumbers) and the garlic press, and also our knives. People always commented how good the garlic and cucumbers were smelling. The scent also brought more people to my booth. I suggest you pack yourself some fruit & water (for your snack), as you may not have time to leave your booth to get anything else. I also always use a few very bright mylar balloons attached to my booth because it attracts people's attention, and they want to know what is at that booth. I didn't really try to sell much that day, mainly there for the leads and booking parties. Hope this helps you. (also take a small wastebasket to put your food waste in) Good Luck and wear comfortable shoes!!:) :)

1. What is a Taste of Home Cooking School?

A Taste of Home Cooking School is a live cooking event hosted by our company, Pampered Chef. It features a celebrity chef who demonstrates new recipes, cooking techniques, and kitchen products. Attendees have the opportunity to taste samples of the dishes and can purchase the featured products at a discounted price.

2. How do I find out about upcoming Taste of Home Cooking Schools?

You can visit our website or check our social media pages for a list of upcoming events. You can also sign up for our email newsletter to receive notifications about upcoming Taste of Home Cooking Schools in your area.

3. Is there a fee to attend a Taste of Home Cooking School?

Yes, there is a fee to attend a Taste of Home Cooking School. The price varies depending on the location and the type of event, but typically ranges from $25 to $40 per person.

4. Can I bring my own recipes to a Taste of Home Cooking School?

Unfortunately, we do not allow attendees to bring their own recipes to a Taste of Home Cooking School. However, you can submit your favorite recipes to our website, and they may be featured in one of our upcoming events.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at a Taste of Home Cooking School?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products at a Taste of Home Cooking School. Our featured products will be available for purchase at the event, and attendees can take advantage of special discounts and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Monty060609
  • General Chat
Replies