• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing a Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop: A Guide for April Hosts

In summary, a Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop is a stainless steel kitchen tool with a unique tarnished finish, used for scooping and serving ice cream or other soft foods. It is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for maintenance. To prevent rusting, it should be dried thoroughly after use and can be coated with cooking oil before storage. It can also be used for other foods besides ice cream, but not recommended for harder foods. Cleaning can be done with warm soapy water and a soft cloth, avoiding abrasive cleaners.
CAPCnewbie
can I have it replaced? My April host called me last week to complain that her scoop is now black. The use and care guide was thrown out and then hadnt realized it couldnt go in the dishwasher. Will HO replace it if it was their own fault that this happened??

NO, sorry. Dishwashing will void the warranty.

search for 'ice cream scoop' on here and read the tips folks have about it. There are a few other threads.

Good luck!

mine is tarnished too but it hasn't been in the dishwasher

If it's tarnished, others have suggested that you can use "Bar Keepers Friend" on it. I think it's available at Walmart and other places.

The scoop can become tarnished if it just sits in water. I believe some have said they have used the stainless steel cleaner on their scoops, and that has worked.

ok thanks ladies. I'll see what I can do for her.

1. What is a Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop?

A Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop is a kitchen tool used for scooping and serving ice cream. It is made of stainless steel and has a tarnished finish for a unique and stylish look.

2. Is the Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong its lifespan and maintain its tarnished finish.

3. How do I prevent the Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop from rusting?

To prevent rusting, it is important to dry the Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop thoroughly after each use. You can also apply a small amount of cooking oil to the scoop before storing it to create a protective barrier.

4. Can the Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop be used for other foods besides ice cream?

Yes, the Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop can be used for scooping other soft foods such as cookie dough, mashed potatoes, and even melons. It is not recommended for harder foods like frozen desserts or meats.

5. How do I clean the Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop?

The Tarnished Ice Cream Scoop can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the tarnished finish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
khergatt
  • ChefMann