• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie Recipe: Perfect for Holiday Parties

In summary, the recipe for Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie is available in the Season's Best Recipes online resource. The recipe calls for a jalapeño pepper, apricot preserves, and Brie cheese. The recipe can be prepared on the Large Bar Pan or on the Preheated oven.
Get_Pampered
Gold Member
So, I handed out all of my SB cookbooks at my holiday booth and didn't save one for myself. Could someone please send me the recipe for the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie? I am trying to make it tonight. :chef:

Here you go...

Attachments

• Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie.pdf
    154 KB · Views: 331
Here it is as well in case you can't open the PDF.

Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
------------------------

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (125 mL) pecan halves

1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded

1/4 cup (50 mL) apricot preserves

1 4-in. (10-cm) round (8 oz/250 g) Brie or Camembert cheese with rind, room temperature

1 loaf (16 oz/500 g) French baguette

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Coarsely chop pecans using Chef's Knife. Chop jalapeño using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeño and preserves; mix well.

2. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of Large Round Stone. Spread half of the apricot mixture over bottom half of Brie using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.

3. Using Bread Knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 1/4-in.-thick (6-mm) slices. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve using Bamboo Spreader.

Yield: 12 servings

Per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: For a simple garnish, slice a jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise using Petite Paring Knife. Brush cut surface with apricot jam. Place next to Brie before baking.

This recipe can also be prepared on the Large Bar Pan, if desired.

Variations:

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2/3 cup (150 mL) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup (50 mL) pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine brown sugar, chopped almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.

What a speedy delivery! Thank you - you are awesome!

You're welcome! :)

If you go to Consultant's Corner, you can look up recipes from the Season's Best there. I love that feature! Not sure if you knew, so I just thought I'd share that here and also in case anyone new reads this.

1. What is Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie?

Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie is a delicious appetizer made with brie cheese, tangy pepper jelly, and crunchy pecans. It is perfect for entertaining and can be served warm or at room temperature.

2. How do I serve Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie?

Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie can be served on a platter with crackers or sliced baguette. Simply place the brie cheese on a baking sheet, spread pepper jelly on top, and sprinkle with pecans. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and serve with your choice of dippers.

3. Can I make Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the brie up to a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, simply bake it in the oven for 10-15 minutes until warmed through and the cheese is melted.

4. What are some variations of Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie?

You can add different toppings to the brie such as dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, or sliced apples. You can also use different types of pepper jelly, like jalapeno or raspberry, for a different flavor profile.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese for Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie?

Yes, you can use other types of soft cheeses such as camembert or goat cheese for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as different cheeses may melt at different rates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLaur
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jackieblue
Replies