• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie Recipe: Quick, Easy, and Delicious

I am for that as well Ann. (Meeting up with Becky)

We could make it a whole Girls' Day! Party at my house!

Shoot! I would be there in a heartbeat - but DH has a side job Sat - and so I'd have to bring a 3 yr old w/ me - that may not be so fun.........

Ann - my show for this Sat was rescheduled......when she found out what the host bonus was for Sept! I tried to convince her she could still get in on it by rebooking or having someone else book from hers (and then get twice the treats) but she didn't want to take the chance......grrrrr!

I don't have a problem Becky if you have to bring the little one. If my husband won't keep mine (praying he will) I may have to drag them along as well.

Fine by me - bring the rugrats. :)

LOL,, Let me know what we decide. I am ok with either way.

Waaaaaaaaaa!!

There's no TJ's by me!

I want to go shopping with you girls! Humph.

Where's Hartville? Can you drive up to meet us? I can offer a spot on my couch if you need to crash for the night.

Hartville is about an hour south of Cleveland...it sits in between Akron and Canton!

Awww... that's a little far to come to shop. Well, no-- if Becky comes, it'll be about 3 hours for her and I bet that's how long it would take you. (My cousin lives in Akron, and I'm trying to remember how long it takes us to get there to visit.)
You could always write to Trader Joe's and request that they build one near you. :D

chefann said:
You could always write to Trader Joe's and request that they build one near you. :D

Boy I'll say! I am really missing out!

My sister has a large one near her and does all her grocery shopping there. The 3 in the Detroit area that I've been to don't have quite that variety, but they're still fun. And their ad circular is a hoot. It reminds me of the J. Peterman catalogs.

I would love to go shopping with y'all too but I guess the ride form Alabama would be a little far to go buy groceries! HA! I wish some of you lived near me so we could get together! I cannot even imagine what a hoot a shopping trip with y'all would be!

I have homemade Peach Preserves. I wonder how that would be in place of the apricot when I already have them on hand? I have a lot of them so I could save my host money too.

Peach preserves should work fine.

Hey, Becky D! Wish you had come shopping with us. We had a blast, and discovered a new product on their shelves: Dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt. YUM! They're sweet and salty and crunchy.But you do have a Penzey's Spices in GR that you can head to. It's on 28th Street. That's a fun store to spend some time in. And they usually have a kids corner with crayons and paper to keep the little ones busy while the adults shop. :)

baychef said:
YES...feet...and not the freshly bathed kind either!!!:eek: I will have to look for that brand. It says in Season's Best that we can sub. Camembert cheese for the Brie. Is that less "feety"?!?! I love most cheese...in fact, my arteries will turn into 100% cheese someday soon. Limberger is the only other cheese I just can't get past the nose!

And ivykeep...we have a consultant that refers to aspargus as aspara-gross!!
In small doses, I can eat it. I guess it makes your pee smell if you eat too much of it. That is sad...since I never really thought pee smelled good to begin with!!!:p

Hopefully, no one is eating while they read this...my apologies!:eek:
I love asaragus! Yes, my pee smells weird after I eat almost half the batch each time I make it. Even if you just eat 3 or 4 stalks it will smell different. FYI.

chefann said:
Hey, Becky D! Wish you had come shopping with us. We had a blast, and discovered a new product on their shelves: Dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt. YUM! They're sweet and salty and crunchy.

But you do have a Penzey's Spices in GR that you can head to. It's on 28th Street. That's a fun store to spend some time in. And they usually have a kids corner with crayons and paper to keep the little ones busy while the adults shop. :)

Dark Choc. covered Almonds are my FAVORITE!!! I can just imagine w/ a little sea salt.....yum! Next time - with a little pre-planning, I could make it! I ended up taking DS and meeting JAE at the Farmers Market & a stroll through Art In The Park - we had fun - but it would have been more fun w/ just adults.;)

I'm trying to picture where Penzeys is........JAE and I have to be on that side of town on the 13th for an Extended Cluster Meeting/Taste Test - so we may have to try find it.....it must be in a little strip mall someplace......

I didn't mind Becky's DS. He's very sweet. We will have to plan a day trip to Trader Joes and Whole Foods to meet up with Ann and anyone else available. That would be fun.

JAE said:
I didn't mind Becky's DS. He's very sweet. We will have to plan a day trip to Trader Joes and Whole Foods to meet up with Ann and anyone else available. That would be fun.

That would be soooo much fun!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - don't laugh, but I had never heard it called "three buck chuck".....and I thought you were referring to $3 Chuck Roast, or possibly ground chuck.....and I was thinking to myself..."hmmm, that's not such a great deal". :eek:
I'd love to come over and spend a day shopping at TJ's and Whole Foods......we have nothing like either of those over here. In the GR area, you can choose between - Meijers, Family Fare, and D&W.......the last 2 both being local chains who are also Spartan Stores.......so their ads look pretty much the same.

Probably for most people this isn't a big deal.....but my favorite kind of shopping is Grocery Shopping!!! I LOVE Grocery Stores, and I want OPTIONS!!! (And I don't consider Wal-Mart an option - won't shop there!)

Anyway - I would be all over those dark chocolate cashews, and frozen artichoke hearts - oh man I want some of those!

OMG... I have found my soul mate!!! I ADORE grocery shopping. Anywhere for anything!

If you are ever near Ann Arbor, Michigan, call me and we will have some fun! I know all the good places!!

PamperChefCarol said:
OMG... I have found my soul mate!!! I ADORE grocery shopping. Anywhere for anything!

If you are ever near Ann Arbor, Michigan, call me and we will have some fun! I know all the good places!!

Usually people look at me funny when I tell them I love to grocery shop!

Carol - that is what we are hoping to do - take a road trip one day to your area and go shopping! I'd have to bring coolers though!

Teresa Lynn said:
Sorry, I didn't make my post clear... we eat brie all the time I wondered where Linda found it for that great price!! It freezes well so I stock up when I get a good deal on it.

My 14 YO daughter cuts it in cubes wraps it in crescent roll pieces and bakes it in the MMP

whenever I buy crescent rolls she and one of her brothers fight over them she thinks they are ONLY for her brie bites and he thinks they are for pigs in a blanket!!

In case you ever have any leftover brie... I just cut it up and toss it in mashed potatoes. Ok, I toss all sorts of cheese in my mashed potatoes, but brie works great. I do generally trim off the rind.

ChefBeckyD said:
Usually people look at me funny when I tell them I love to grocery shop!

Carol - that is what we are hoping to do - take a road trip one day to your area and go shopping! I'd have to bring coolers though!

I am considering hiring myself out as personal grocery shopper! I can't believe the number of people I run into who say they hate it. Then again, I am totally obsessed with food.

PamperChefCarol said:
I am considering hiring myself out as personal grocery shopper! I can't believe the number of people I run into who say they hate it. Then again, I am totally obsessed with food.

That is so funny - because I have seriously tried to think of a way that I could grocery shop as a service for people!

When my friend Michelle was sick w/ cancer - I would get a list from her and do her grocery shopping every week - loved doing it!
Whenever friends are dealing with sick kids etc.....I always volunteer to go to the grocery store for them!
I actually have friends who call me because they can't find something in the store - and I just guide them to it over the phone!
I am totally passionate (not obsessed;) haha) about food too! I'm surprised I don't weigh 1000 lbs! But it's not just the eating I love - I love the process of cooking, I love the history of food, I love the social aspect of food (FOOD is the universal language!), I love textures and smells........I just love food!

ChefBeckyD said:
That is so funny - because I have seriously tried to think of a way that I could grocery shop as a service for people!

When my friend Michelle was sick w/ cancer - I would get a list from her and do her grocery shopping every week - loved doing it!
Whenever friends are dealing with sick kids etc.....I always volunteer to go to the grocery store for them!
I actually have friends who call me because they can't find something in the store - and I just guide them to it over the phone!
I am totally passionate (not obsessed;) haha) about food too! I'm surprised I don't weigh 1000 lbs! But it's not just the eating I love - I love the process of cooking, I love the history of food, I love the social aspect of food (FOOD is the universal language!), I love textures and smells........I just love food!

Like I need another job.. but, here's my plan.

Vista Print and some free business cards. These should cost me about $5 and some change. Nothing fancy on the card, just "Call Carol", Personal Grocery Shopper, my name, phone number. And maybe something like "save time, call Carol."

Pass them around whenever I heard anyone say how they hate to grocery shop. Leave some at Curves (one of my several jobs!), pass some out at my league meeting, mention it to my PC customers who say they don't cook, because they hate to grocery shop, well you get the idea. Charge $15/hour. Haven't quite figured out how the paying of the groceries is going to work.

Who knows if I will actually get around to doing it, but it's a thought.

PamperChefCarol said:
Charge $15/hour. Haven't quite figured out how the paying of the groceries is going to work.

Who knows if I will actually get around to doing it, but it's a thought.
Carol, you could put the groceries on a dedicated charge card, and present the receipt to the client, who would then write you a check, including your hourly fee.
I think this is a great idea!

I like browsing grocery stores, but I hate having to do "real" grocery shopping. Probably because by the time I get around to it, we're down to the really weird things in the pantry and I have to buy EVERYTHING.

chefann said:
Carol, you could put the groceries on a dedicated charge card, and present the receipt to the client, who would then write you a check, including your hourly fee.
I think this is a great idea!

I like browsing grocery stores, but I hate having to do "real" grocery shopping. Probably because by the time I get around to it, we're down to the really weird things in the pantry and I have to buy EVERYTHING.

Like groundhog?

raebates said:
Like groundhog?
No, that's your pantry.

Things that taken separately are OK, but can't come up with a meal using them all together. Like: canned carrots (I have no idea how those ended up in the pantry, BTW, because I hate canned carrots), a jar of Spanish olives, and a chocolate cake mix.

They will take those carrots at the local food bank. That gets them out of your pantry (making room for more chocolate cake), and gives you the good feeling you get for donating.

raebates said:
They will take those carrots at the local food bank. That gets them out of your pantry (making room for more chocolate cake), and gives you the good feeling you get for donating.
Been there, done that! Reminds me of the Simpson's episode when Marge is going through cupboards looking for items to donate and keeps finding jars of pickled beets and cans of pumpkin. :) (I love pickled beets, though.)

Sadly, I think I have more cake mix than anything else in my pantry right now. And snacks from TJ's: chocolate covered cashews, dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt, peanut butter and chocolate covered malted milk balls, Thai pepper cashews, chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels, shortbread cookies with raspberry and apricot jam, blueberry preserves (yummy on pancakes)...

Looking at that list, it's no wonder I'm supposed to lose 90 pounds. :rolleyes:

Man, you're making me hungry!The Furry Guy is home and I was reading your post to him. He's impressed.

Impressed that I have that much junk food in my pantry?

Impressed that the junk food in your pantry is so upscale. He grew up with Pringles and Pop-Tarts. We're more of the plain dried fruits and nuts people.

mmm.... Pringles and Pop Tarts....
My junk food is only upscale right now because I went to Trader Joe's on Saturday and stocked up. :D What's funny is that DH tends not to like the fancy things (his favorite is crunchy Chee-tos), but when I unpacked the bag, he snatched up the PBPretzels and opened it immediately.

chefann said:
mmm.... Pringles and Pop Tarts....
My junk food is only upscale right now because I went to Trader Joe's on Saturday and stocked up. :D What's funny is that DH tends not to like the fancy things (his favorite is crunchy Chee-tos), but when I unpacked the bag, he snatched up the PBPretzels and opened it immediately.
Hmmmm, maybe I should be glad I didn't make it Sat! While you were stocking up on upscale junk food - I was at the Farmers Market buying fresh corn on the cob, blueberries, peaches, peppers & baby red potatoes.:rolleyes: From your list (which all sounds yummy!) I can just imagine how upscale my pantry would be right now!:eek:

Mmmmm, blueberries.

But, Becky! I also picked up a bag of frozen artichoke hearts! And some salsa verde (to make the Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet). And some tortillas (Mediterranean Quesadillas and Enchilada Casserole).

And I noticed when we were there that TJ's had Plugra - European style butter. It's got a higher butterfat percentage than American butter, so it makes richer desserts and sauces. I almost picked up a pound. But I figure I'll wait a month or so until I start doing holiday baking.

Yes I would like to think Ann for introducing me to that wonderful "Trader Joe's as I also bought alot of Chocolate goodies as well. My DH was like is that whats for dinner. Thank you Ann it was very nice. Had a good time shopping w/you.
I am up for any shopping. Just let me know.

I had fun, too, Stacy. I'm so glad you were able to meet me there. There is a TJ's in Ann Arbor, which may be closer to you (I don't know where exactly it is in AA, but there's a store finder on the TJ's website).

I found it. Can't wait to go check that one out as well.

Thanks.

chefann said:
But, Becky! I also picked up a bag of frozen artichoke hearts! And some salsa verde (to make the Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet). And some tortillas (Mediterranean Quesadillas and Enchilada Casserole).

And I noticed when we were there that TJ's had Plugra - European style butter. It's got a higher butterfat percentage than American butter, so it makes richer desserts and sauces. I almost picked up a pound. But I figure I'll wait a month or so until I start doing holiday baking.

I can get Plugra at the health food store here - but it is sold in 1/2 lbs - and is about $6 for that....I bet it's alot cheaper at TJ's!

I think it was around $4 or 5 for the pound at TJ's. They also have great organic selection (I know you try to keep organic when possible), and a lot of little weird things.

One of the employees was stocking the dark chocolate almonds with sea salt when we were in that aisle. I asked her if they were good. She hadn't had them yet, so she opened a package and let us taste them. They also had samples out on their sampling counter of gluten-free pancakes.

I like to go there between Halloween and Christmas, because they get a lot of great imported goodies for the holidays, like cranberry panettone, gingerbread house kits, chocolate advent calendars, etc.

Here is an interesting fact - when buying products imported from Europe - you don't have to be so concerned about organic - because alot of the pesticides, artificial colorings, artificial flavors, HFCS, GMO's, etc....that are prevalent in North American products are banned in Europe!

chefann said:
No, that's your pantry.

Things that taken separately are OK, but can't come up with a meal using them all together. Like: canned carrots (I have no idea how those ended up in the pantry, BTW, because I hate canned carrots), a jar of Spanish olives, and a chocolate cake mix.

Ann,

This thread made me chuckle!:D However, I do actually have a very easy, yet yummy recipe for those canned carrots....maybe this will help you use them!!;)
Carrot Casserole
2 cans (1 lb. each) sliced carrots, well drained
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup grated American cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

Combine carrots, soup and cheese in Deep Dish Baker or Oval Baker. Mix bread crumbs and butter together; sprinkle over top of casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 8 servings

They come out "cheesy", kind of like au gratin potatoes, only with carrots.

I've also used cheddar cheese soup or Velveeta cheese instead of the grated American, and I've even microwaved it on HIGH for about 8 minutes, too!

Basically, it's using cooked carrots, so you could always slice and boil carrots for this recipe as well.

Hope that "inspires" you a little!! lol

Good luck with your "pantry challenge"!!

Paula

Mmm... thanks, Paula.

I think the carrots were left out at the curb earlier this year when the post office had their annual food drive. :) But isn't it funny how there's always something in the pantry that makes you ask, "When and WHY did I buy this?"

You're quite welcome!!

And, if they were indeed "left at the curb", well, they're canned, at least, so still usable!! lol

Good luck! I hope you like the recipe!!

Paula

Um, that's not what I meant by left at the curb. My mail box is at the street, so when the post office has their food drive, we leave a grocery bag of food by the mailbox. Which is essentially at the curb (or would be, if my street had curbs instead of shoulders).

I made the brown sugar-dijon variation and loved it, would definitely recommend it and make it again, and, since most people have brown sugar and mustard already, it is not too pricey--just cheese, baguette, and almonds to buy.

i tried it this weekend and it was great. I have to say the Jalapeño was not that hot. here is a pic of what I did with a half size round of brie, and it was only $3.75 in the deli section of superone foods.
100_0631.jpg

<h2>1. How long does it take to make the Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie Recipe?</h2><p>The Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie Recipe takes only 15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook, making it a quick and easy option for any occasion.</p><h2>2. What is the ingredient list for this recipe?</h2><p>The ingredients for this recipe include brie cheese, red pepper jelly, chopped pecans, and crackers for serving. You can also add fresh herbs or other toppings to customize the flavor.</p><h2>3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?</h2><p>Yes, you can prepare the Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Simply bring it to room temperature before baking for best results.</p><h2>4. How many servings does this recipe make?</h2><p>This recipe makes 8-10 servings, depending on the size of your brie wheel. It can easily be doubled or tripled for larger gatherings.</p><h2>5. What is the best way to serve the Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie?</h2><p>This recipe is best served warm, so it is recommended to bake it just before serving. You can also serve it at room temperature, but the cheese may not be as gooey and melted.</p>

1. How long does it take to make the Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie Recipe?

The Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie Recipe takes only 15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook, making it a quick and easy option for any occasion.

2. What is the ingredient list for this recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include brie cheese, red pepper jelly, chopped pecans, and crackers for serving. You can also add fresh herbs or other toppings to customize the flavor.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Simply bring it to room temperature before baking for best results.

4. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8-10 servings, depending on the size of your brie wheel. It can easily be doubled or tripled for larger gatherings.

5. What is the best way to serve the Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie?

This recipe is best served warm, so it is recommended to bake it just before serving. You can also serve it at room temperature, but the cheese may not be as gooey and melted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Get_Pampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies