• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tangy Pepper Pacen Brie Recipe: Quick, Easy, and Delicious

M
mistym
WOW. So easy, so quick, so little clean up and so yummy. I had a little meeting with my director and consultant and I made this. It was fantastic!

Oh, I made this for my cluster meeting. Delicious!

Good to know, I am making it for my cluster meeting on Thursday!!! How much is Brie cheese by the way?

StacieB said:
Good to know, I am making it for my cluster meeting on Thursday!!! How much is Brie cheese by the way?
I paid @ $5.49

Thanks Linda!!

Linda,
Which store did you find it at?

Not Linda, but...
I buy it at Costco or Sam's. My local Publix grocery store carries it also. It is typically not with the sliced or shredded cheeses, but with the wedges and blocks. It is in a little round box typically.

I just went to pick up some things from Trader Joe's for the first time. Well guess where I will be shopping a lot more? Everything is so inexpensive. A lot cheaper than the grocery store. I know they had Brie!

Last edited:
chefkristin said:
I just went to pick up some things from Trader Joe's for the first time. Well guess where I will be shopping a lot more. Everything is so inexpensive. A lot cheaper than the grocery store. I know they had Brie!

SOOOOO JEALOUS! I would love to have a TJ's on this side of the state!

I'm weird. My DB and I tried this last week and although I loved how easy it was to put together, we did not like it. I think we aren't Brie fans, possibly. My DB is like Mikey...he'll eat anything...but not this. Oh well, LOTS of other YUMMY recipes to choose from!

ChefBeckyD said:
SOOOOO JEALOUS! I would love to have a TJ's on this side of the state!
You need to road trip over here! Stock up on three-buck chuck, dark chocolate-covered cashews, frozen artichoke hearts, etc. :D

3 Buck Chuck!
chefann said:
You need to road trip over here! Stock up on three-buck chuck, dark chocolate-covered cashews, frozen artichoke hearts, etc. :D

LOVE the 3 buck chuck! You can't beat it!!
The TJ's by me doesn't sell alcohol, so I have to drive almost an hour to the nearest store that carries it. So...we buy it by the case!! LOL :D

Teresa Lynn said:
Linda,
Which store did you find it at?
I shop at Publix, but you should be able to find it in most stores in the deli/specialty section.

What is 3 buck chuck?????

Three buck chuck is an inexpensive red wine - hence the name...

pamperedval said:
Three buck chuck is an inexpensive red wine - hence the name...
Oh thanks. I am not a red wine fan. I did find chocolate covered frozen bananas!!! OMG!!!! Heaven on a stick!!!!

Actually, they have many varieties of 3 buck chuck. For those not near a Trader Joe's, it's Charles Shaw wine. Trader Joe's buys the entire vintage and sells it for $3 a bottle ($2 in CA, where it's known as 2 buck chuck). Around the holidays, people buy several cases as gifts or for entertaining.

Okay - don't laugh, but I had never heard it called "three buck chuck".....and I thought you were referring to $3 Chuck Roast, or possibly ground chuck.....and I was thinking to myself..."hmmm, that's not such a great deal". :eek:
I'd love to come over and spend a day shopping at TJ's and Whole Foods......we have nothing like either of those over here. In the GR area, you can choose between - Meijers, Family Fare, and D&W.......the last 2 both being local chains who are also Spartan Stores.......so their ads look pretty much the same.

Probably for most people this isn't a big deal.....but my favorite kind of shopping is Grocery Shopping!!! I LOVE Grocery Stores, and I want OPTIONS!!! (And I don't consider Wal-Mart an option - won't shop there!)

Anyway - I would be all over those dark chocolate cashews, and frozen artichoke hearts - oh man I want some of those!

I bought Brie at Cub Foods for $5.69 and then the next time I was at our Super Walmart if bought it for $3.60. So if you have either of those in your area. Also the chef's in our test kitchen they said you could use Camembret. The first time I couldn't get Brie in a round and used Camembret - it worked well.

I have a question about the brie ... the recipe says to use brie with the rind on. Do you leave it on the entire time? Maybe I'm not reading the recipe right ...

Yes, the rind is completely edible.

Our Trader Joe's can't sell wine (only one grocery store in the whole state is allowed to sell beer or wine, no idea why they get to, but they are the only one). Beer/wine must be sold in a liquor or convenience store, but not in grocery stores in Maryland.

I'm looking forward to trying the new brie -- I have been making brie in PC products for years now though... my aunt's recipe (and she buys lots of stoneware pie plates to give as gifts with her brie recipe).

For those interested...

Take a small brie round in the rind and set in the middle of the pie plate. Take a loaf of refrigerated french bread dough and slightly stretch and wrap around brie in the pie plate.

Cover the brie with brown sugar (about 1/4-1/2 cup), moisten brown sugar with Jack Daniels Whiskey (just moisten, not saturate so probably 2 tablespoons). Sprinkle with slivered almonds and bake until the bread is golden brown.

Serve with mini serving spatula (brie and bread together). It's fantastic, very quick, very easy and gets raves whenever I take it somewhere.

baychef said:
I'm weird. My DB and I tried this last week and although I loved how easy it was to put together, we did not like it. I think we aren't Brie fans, possibly. My DB is like Mikey...he'll eat anything...but not this. Oh well, LOTS of other YUMMY recipes to choose from!
Ann~

Last year (or the year before???) when we had the brie wrapped in crescent dough, I tasted it and I thought it tasted like feet. :eek: :( Now, this year, I tasted our new recipe at our cluster meeting, and I thought it was SUPER! :D So, I asked the girl that made it what brand she purchased. I am assuming that the brand I purchased just tasted nasty. The name of the good stuff is: Lle De France Brie. She said it came in a thin wood circle box. She purchased it from a local grocery store, Acme...and it was only about $4.

Ask around...maybe there are better brands available in your area.

Brie can be an aquired taste and not everyone likes it (which is true of most things -- I don't care how great the recipe is, I just don't like asparagus!)

KellyTheChef said:
Ann~

Last year (or the year before???) when we had the brie wrapped in crescent dough, I tasted it and I thought it tasted like feet. :eek: :( Now, this year, I tasted our new recipe at our cluster meeting, and I thought it was SUPER! :D So, I asked the girl that made it what brand she purchased. I am assuming that the brand I purchased just tasted nasty. The name of the good stuff is: Lle De France Brie. She said it came in a thin wood circle box. She purchased it from a local grocery store, Acme...and it was only about $4.

Ask around...maybe there are better brands available in your area.

YES...feet...and not the freshly bathed kind either!!!:eek: I will have to look for that brand. It says in Season's Best that we can sub. Camembert cheese for the Brie. Is that less "feety"?!?! I love most cheese...in fact, my arteries will turn into 100% cheese someday soon. Limberger is the only other cheese I just can't get past the nose!

And ivykeep...we have a consultant that refers to aspargus as aspara-gross!!
In small doses, I can eat it. I guess it makes your pee smell if you eat too much of it. That is sad...since I never really thought pee smelled good to begin with!!!:p

Hopefully, no one is eating while they read this...my apologies!:eek:

Ann you just cracked me up... thankfully it is 12:40am for me and food is nowhere in sight or thought... the funny thing is about your post is some co-workers and I were just talking about asparagus pee on friday at work! too funny!

Camembert is slightly milder than Brie so it may work better for your taste buds.

I also think the brand of brie that was previously mentioned is Ile de France (not Lle). I have bought the brand numerous times to make my aunt's brie recipe -- and "Ile" is island in French so it makes more sense.

I just had a host mention this at a party...luckily her only guests were her sisters! I have never eaten asparagus of it to be able to prove her wrong!!! I am up way past my bedtime...it's 1:46 ET. I must run to get my beauty sleep!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - don't laugh, but I had never heard it called "three buck chuck".....and I thought you were referring to $3 Chuck Roast, or possibly ground chuck.....and I was thinking to myself..."hmmm, that's not such a great deal". :eek:
I'd love to come over and spend a day shopping at TJ's and Whole Foods......we have nothing like either of those over here. In the GR area, you can choose between - Meijers, Family Fare, and D&W.......the last 2 both being local chains who are also Spartan Stores.......so their ads look pretty much the same.

Probably for most people this isn't a big deal.....but my favorite kind of shopping is Grocery Shopping!!! I LOVE Grocery Stores, and I want OPTIONS!!! (And I don't consider Wal-Mart an option - won't shop there!)

Anyway - I would be all over those dark chocolate cashews, and frozen artichoke hearts - oh man I want some of those!
Becky, one of the TJ's near me is across the street from a Whole Foods. :D (Just to make you jealous...) TJ's coffee is also good. They have one called "Winter Blend" that has peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon flakes in it. When you run it though the grinder, it blends them all up. The pepper adds an interesting bite to the coffee. I also love their jarred blueberries (great in pancakes), English toffee, imported cookies and candy, triple ginger cookies.... mmm......

ivykeep said:
Camembert is slightly milder than Brie so it may work better for your taste buds.

I also think the brand of brie that was previously mentioned is Ile de France (not Lle). I have bought the brand numerous times to make my aunt's brie recipe -- and "Ile" is island in French so it makes more sense.
Thanks! I wondered if I wrote that wrong...on her email when she was telling me the name it looked like two lower case L's. You can tell French was not my foreign language class!:eek:

Wow I made this tonight for Kevin...he love love love it. Would you guys actually suggest this for a whole show or in combination with something...maybe the drink they suggest? It is Really Really good though..WOW. We had it as a meal...MMMMMM.

I like that Raspberry drink in the SBRC--we had it at our cluster meeting with the brie (yes, yummy!). As for when to do the brie, it would depend on the party time. Definitely good for a weeknight. It's quick and you can focus on the products more. For a weekend party, I'd do it as a second recipe if it's a big party.

I made this tonight. My dh did NOT like it :( I liked the taste, but neither of us cared for the rind. We've neither one ever had brie before. I'll be making it for our cluster meeting tomorrow night. I won't let on that we don't care for it. It will be interesting to see how others react.

Left me real thirsty, too ...

I was wondering if Trader Joe's has a web site or how i can see if there is one close to me, I would like to check this store out.

TIA

http://www.traderjoes.com/Stacy, there's one in Ann Arbor and one in Livonia (8 Mile and Haggerty, near I-275). You're probably right between the 2.

Thanks Ann, I will check it out.

If you wanna meet up at the Livonia location, I'm always up for a TJ's visit!

And a good addition to the demo is to say that they can change it up and all all kinds of toppings to brie.... (non-pc) ... just drizzle some caramel syrup (topping) on, and then top with pecans....or top with hot pepper jelly...

Sorry, I didn't make my post clear... we eat brie all the time I wondered where Linda found it for that great price!! It freezes well so I stock up when I get a good deal on it.

My 14 YO daughter cuts it in cubes wraps it in crescent roll pieces and bakes it in the MMP

whenever I buy crescent rolls she and one of her brothers fight over them she thinks they are ONLY for her brie bites and he thinks they are for pigs in a blanket!!

jenniferknapp said:
And a good addition to the demo is to say that they can change it up and all all kinds of toppings to brie.... (non-pc) ... just drizzle some caramel syrup (topping) on, and then top with pecans....or top with hot pepper jelly...

My aunt does that with cream cheese all the time (it's a good substitute for people who don't like Brie, can't find it, or can't afford it).

chefann said:
My aunt does that with cream cheese all the time (it's a good substitute for people who don't like Brie, can't find it, or can't afford it).

mmmm, i like to mix cream cheese with brown sugar, then pour caramel on top & crushed skor bars.....so perfect for apples!

PS: I didn't know that brie freezes well, that is great to know!

I found Brie at Walmart for $3.98. Looking forward to making it tonight. Hope it is good.

chefann said:
If you wanna meet up at the Livonia location, I'm always up for a TJ's visit!
Ann that would be great.
I have 14 shows in Sept so far and need some ingredents, I would like to make this Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie, since everyone is talking about what an easy demo and clean up it is. That will help with my 5 shows in a row.:eek:

I'm not doing anything Saturday, because my show just cancelled. Are you an early bird? That TJ's is also near a Costco... we could grab other ingredients there if you want to do the same recipe all month and buy in bulk. :)

I may have to try this over the weekend with all yall talking about it. I had brie once and loved it, it was in a hot dip with bread bowl.

Yeah that sounds good.
Yes I am an early bird not by choice but by baby alarm around 7:00 am everyday. Let me know What time,
I will need to Map quest it, so if you have the addy that would be great.

If you're coming from Belleville, the easiest way would be to take I-94 to I-275 to the 7 Mile exit. Turn left (West) on 7 Mile, then right (north) onto Haggerty Road, which is only about a block from the ramp. Proceed almost a mile - you'll almost reach 8 Mile Road. TJ's is on the right.

http://web.sa.mapquest.com/traderjoes/advantage.adp?transaction=locmap&tempSet=locmap&mapStyle=style5&pheight=324&pwidth=504&name=Northville%20(667)&address=20490%20Haggerty%20Road&city=Northville&stateProvince=MI&country=US&latitude=42.437312&longitude=-83.435707&user1=734-464-3675

They open at 9. Is that too early for you?

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Ann that would be great.
I have 14 shows in Sept so far and need some ingredents, I would like to make this Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie, since everyone is talking about what an easy demo and clean up it is. That will help with my 5 shows in a row.:eek:

Stacy - another place that I find Brie for a really good price is Costco - and you can get a 3 pack there. Just another idea. (But wouldn't be as much fun as meeting Ann at TJ's!)

Becky- you want to join us? We'll make it later in the day so you don't have to leave GR before dawn. And we'd even change it to the AA location (it's at least a little more west).

9-10 will be great. I know exactly where your talking about. So we can meet up around then.

I think Ann said there was a costco around there, So could go there as well. Thanks Becky.

Diffently not fun shopping alone, you get better ideas with a partner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Get_Pampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies