• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Embarrassment: Supporting New Team Recruits

In summary, the cluster mate talked to her recruit and explained how to avoid cancellations. The recruit then told the cluster mate that she was "embarrassed" and "a bad employee." The cluster mate is trying to help her by telling her that she is not an employee and that she doesn't have to be embarrassed.
esavvymom
Staff member
I was talking with a cluster mate this week. She's got a recruit on her team who has been avoiding her for months and won't come to meetings. Now my cluster mate isn't pushy- just trying to nicely check in and see how she's doing and see if she can support her in some way.

Well, I read to her the notes from Tammy Stanley's "Stop Cancellations Now" about Hosts not wanting to fail to keep a commitment and how many times, if they aren't able to follow through on what they said they'd do, they are more likely to avoid you and ultimately cancel. She then proceeded to talk about how to avoid that through host coaching and making the process easy.

WELL....that applies to new team recruits too! I made this observation and suggestion to my teammate. I know that 6 months ago, I was in the same boat- I would avoid calls from my director, not because I was mad at HER, but because I was embarrassed at my lack of progress. For two months I avoided meetings and calls....and eventually got my act together and started moving forward. I'm finally doing shows, but it was a slow journey to get here. I thought this new recruit of my teammate's might be going through the same things.

Turns out- it is! She finally left a note for my teammate and told her that she was 'embarrassed' and that she 'was a bad employee'. My teammate is trying to let her know in return that (1)- she is NOT an employee...she works for herself and no one else! and (2) she doesn't have to be embarrassed. We've ALL been there/are there, and are here to help, not criticize.

So I wanted to share that- maybe those who were fortunate enough to take Tammy's workshop at conference, can see how the same tactics can apply to our recruits. :D

Tammy Stanley was fantastic and I just realized that I need to pass this information on to my Director. She has several people that are in this same situation!

I love Tammy! I bought her entire set at NC and started listening to one of the cd's today. I cannot WAIT to use some of what I learned at my show on Saturday.

I agree that this is definitely a thing our team members go through...embarrassment and a sense of "failure". Knowing this can help us communicate better with our team.

I would have LOVED to buy her products, I just don't have the $$ to do so. I was really impressed with the class, and hope to be able to implement a lot of what she said with my hosts (and my recruits too, once I get some).

I was on a recruiting call with one of the new Sales Managers from HO yesterday, and she used some parallels with Tammy Stanley's ideas, too. She recommended that we set 48-hour challenges for our new recruits, and to get them accustomed to doing the work (making phone calls) from the get-go. She even went so far as to say not to tell our recruits about the online training center for several weeks. I think that's a stretch, since the OTC has some good word choices and training to handle objections, etc.But Cathy's main point was to give recruits small, manageable tasks. And to work WITH them to make their first 90 days a success, which sets them up for further success.

So funny.. I just applied this to someone on my team last night. She signed in March and keeps having "emergencies" so she can't do her open house. it works!

anyone have any good highlights of this stop cancellation talk?

1. How can I help new team recruits overcome their embarrassment?

The first step in supporting new team recruits is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment. Make sure to introduce them to the team and encourage open communication. Additionally, offer guidance and support in their tasks and reassure them that it's okay to make mistakes.

2. What are some common sources of embarrassment for new team recruits?

New team recruits may feel embarrassed if they are not familiar with the team's processes and procedures, if they make a mistake, or if they feel like they are not meeting expectations. They may also feel embarrassed if they are not receiving enough support or if they are being excluded from team activities.

3. How can I address a specific instance of embarrassment for a new team recruit?

If you notice a new team recruit feeling embarrassed, it's important to address it in a respectful and understanding manner. Pull them aside and ask them if they are okay and if there is anything you can do to help. Validate their feelings and offer advice or support if needed.

4. How can I prevent new team recruits from feeling embarrassed in the future?

To prevent new team recruits from feeling embarrassed, it's important to provide proper training and onboarding. Make sure they are familiar with the team's processes and procedures, and offer support and guidance when needed. It's also important to create a positive and inclusive team culture where mistakes are seen as learning opportunities.

5. How can I support a new team recruit who is experiencing prolonged embarrassment?

If a new team recruit is consistently experiencing embarrassment, it's important to have a one-on-one conversation with them to address any underlying issues. Offer support and guidance, and encourage open communication. It may also be helpful to involve a mentor or senior team member to provide additional support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamlevy