• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Talking to Potential Recruits...nervous!

In summary, despite being nervous, you're preparing well for your meeting with your potential recruit. First, spend some time revisiting why you joined PC and what you want out of it. Next, ask her what interests her about PC and what questions she has. Finally, be supportive and offer help if needed.
hmolah
:confused:
I have a 'meeting' with my first potential recruit tonight, and I'm really nervous! I've lightly talked with others at my shows about becoming a consultant, but never has someone ever been seriously interested! Funny thing is, she is from a catalog show (DH got orders from work), and not even from a cooking show. So, I don't even know if she is aware of cooking shows!

I want to make sure that I point out all of the benefits to being a consultant, but also, I don't want her to be overwhelmed and run away. I will be 100% honest, since that is my style, but I want to make sure I at least look like I know what I'm talking about!

Anyway, I'm really nervous, because I've only recently stepped up my business, and feel that I'm not even completely knowledgeable on everything, and worry about having someone under me! I guess my confidence is a bit low right now, since I have not had a cooking show in months, and only had 2 catalog shows in January, and 2 again in February. I think that if I had a cooking show recently under my belt, I wouldn't be so worried/ embarassed. What are the main things I should mention? Should I really be as concerned as I am? I'm trying to pull as much off of the website as possible, since I really don't have much in the way of recruiting materials. I wish I had been more prepared, but this just came up today!

Any help would be appreciated! What do you all say to your recruits that leave them wanting more, instead of running away?!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Do you have the imagine more brochure? That is a great tool to talk about PC and it explain all the business level and commision%

Before you even meet her, spend the rest of this afternoon and revisit the reasons why you joined PC and what you want out of it. Re-psych yourself about what you do and why -- enthusiasm is contagious!

Ask her what interests her about PC. If you assume she just wants extra money, and you go on and on about the commission, when she really was drawn to selling PC for the products, then you're missing the boat. If you talk to her as if she wants to sell it as a career and she just wants to start out part-time, then you'll overload her and make her feel as if she can't do it. My recruiter never asked me what I wanted out of PC.. she just assumed I wanted what she wanted (a huge career), and went with it. It was so frustrating that it almost made me quit only a couple months after joining!

Make sure to ask her what questions she has, if any, and then address those before going on. Commission, free products, how much time the parties take, easy to get bookings, etc. There are tons of flyers on the site that outline the basics of joining, so you might want to print one out and give that, along with an opportunity brochure to her.

All in all, be very supportive. If you don't know something, don't fib your way through it.. tell her you'll find out and get back to her. If she's hesitant, give her some time and tell her you'll check back in with her. If she doesn't think she'll have clientele in the beginning, give her a few catalogs, a 50-in-5 flyer to help her think of people, and tell her to call everyone she knows and tell them she's starting her business and would they do her a favor and host a show or collect a few orders for her?

Just don't dump everything on her if she doesn't want it. I've puked (information) all over and chased away recruits already, and it's sickening to think back on it.

Thanks for the info Amanda!

You're absolutely right about asking what SHE wants out of PC. In the beginning, I just wanted the opportunity to fill my kitchen up with PC products, so I did a show every other month or so. But, now, I'm wanting a PC career. So, my director now knows that I want something different, and without asking, she would've never known! Anyway, that is great advice! Thanks so much.

BTW - what is the 50-in-5 flyer? How do I find it?

How did it go?I hope everything went well today with your meeting!

My biggest advice for everyone is to listen more than you talk!! I, myself am a talker...suprise suprise...and I know I talked many people OUT of joining my team! You know the team "too much information?" Well that was invented for people like me!

When I start with a potential team member I ask lots of questions.
1. So, are you ready to order your kit, or do you need more information?
2. What did I say to get you interested in the PC?
3. Why are you interrested in the PC?
4. What qualities do you have that will make you a great PC consultant? (some people will say none...I am a stay-at-home mom or something like that...I then go on to explain that they must be able to multi-task well to be a stay at home mom...you can find qualities for everyone! If they were a waitress..WOW I am sure you have wonderful people skills!) Whatever their answer make sure you suggest other qualities they might have!
5.What do you want from the PC? (heart tug)
6. How can the PC make your life better? (another heart tug)
7. What is your biggest fear with joining my team? (some have none...others will have many! If you get those fears out in the open and address them... you are helping her/him get over those fears!)
8. How much do you want to work? How much money do you want to make?
9. When do you want your first paycheck?
10. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!! :D Can we fill out your kit order form??

Don't forget to make the close! A lot of people get scared and don't ask the final question! Don't make that mistake!!

HTH

Heather -
I am very interested in how your interview went. The Good, Bad, & Ugly!!
I am also very nervous about an interview I have on Wed eve and I am prone to over preparing and I end up "throwing up" info and get too excited about PC (if that's possible).
Anyhoo let us know how it went!

Bree4bryce-

Unfortunately my potential recruit had to cancel our meeting the other night. She wasn't feeling very good. We're supposed to meet this evening, and so hopefully I'll get the chance to talk with her then! I'll definitely post and let everyone know how I did. I'm nervous, but I'm also hopeful! I need to get better at this, because I have 2 more potential recruits out there! lol

Even if you don't get the results you're looking for, consider it good practice! The more interviews you do and the more you talk about the opportunity, the easier it gets. As people have said before, just let your enthusiasm come through, but listen to her at the same time. I wish you luck and can't wait to hear how it goes! :)

Success!Well, I had my meeting with my potential recruit tonight, and actually it went really well! I think I may have talked too much (there is so much to talk about!), but she absorbed all of it, and told me she was eager to hear anything that she could. She is 99% sure she wants to sign, she's not sure whether or not to sign this month or next! I'm hoping for this month! ;) Anyway, I just went over the kit, SS, pan-o-rama, and all the basics. Some of the things that really helped me was the apron in 5 sizes document, and the opportunity brochure!

So, I'll let you know when she signs, because I'm pretty sure she's going to do so! :cool: She's super excited about it, and her fiance is behind her 100%! He loves PC about as much as she does! It is so nice to see that!

:D

Congrats!I'm glad your interview went well. I think if she's going to sign, you can ask her to sign in Feb and choose April as her first month. Tell her your going for free pans and she can help you get them. Since you're going to be on the same team, there's no reason you shouldn't be completely honest and tell her you what you're working for. I would have signed at a different time if it helped my director out and was no inconvience for me.

BEE

what's the apron in 5 sizes?

Overcame fear!Princess- The apron in 5 sizes is a file that describes 5 ways you could run your business. For example from a hobbyist, or to a career level, etc.

Well, I'm not scared anymore to talk to potential recruits! The potential I met with has decided to sign! She is signing after the 15th, so that April is her first SS month! :D I'm really super excited that I now have 1 team member! yay! lol This is the beginning of my road to becoming Director and it sure feels good! I have 2 more potential recruits, but they have hesitations. I just hope that I can show them that being a Pampered Chef consultant is versitile, and not something to be scared of! A lot of people want to wait until 'the right time'. I don't know if there is ever such a thing!?

Anyway, I wanted to update! Thanks everyone for all of the support and ideas! I can't wait until I have more recruits! ;)

What should I say when approaching someone as a potential recruit?

First and foremost, be genuine and honest about your intentions. Introduce yourself and explain why you are interested in recruiting them. Be sure to highlight their unique skills and qualities that make them a great fit for the opportunity.

How can I overcome my nervousness when talking to potential recruits?

Take deep breaths and remind yourself that it's normal to feel nervous. Remember that the person you are talking to is just another human being, and approach the conversation with a positive and confident attitude. You can also practice with a friend or mentor beforehand to boost your confidence.

What questions should I ask a potential recruit?

Ask open-ended questions that encourage the person to share their interests, goals, and skills. Some examples include: "What are you passionate about?", "What motivates you?", and "What are your long-term career goals?" This will give you a better understanding of their potential fit for the opportunity.

How can I make the conversation engaging and informative?

Be an active listener and ask follow-up questions. Show genuine interest in what the person is saying and use their responses to guide the conversation. Also, be prepared to share information about the opportunity and answer any questions they may have.

What should I do if the potential recruit declines the opportunity?

Respect their decision and thank them for considering the opportunity. Let them know that the door is always open if they change their mind in the future. You can also ask for feedback on why they declined, which can help you improve your approach for future recruitments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
khergatt
  • ShelbyMichalek