• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Who Can Help Me Navigate Through My Directorship Dilemma?

In summary, Jenni's director (1st gen) is going to let her directorship go due to family issues, leaving Jenni with 130 people on her personal team. Jenni is discouraged and feels abandoned. However, she is still successful and plans to start a team building group to help overcome low self esteem.
As of October of last year I had 1 line of 3 directors... as of this morning, I have none! First gen fell off because she stopped working her business. 2nd gen moved up. 3rd gen had promoted due to 1 good month and never met the requirements again. Yesterday, my now 1st gen director called to tell me she is going to let her directorship go due to family issues. Valid family issues, but none the less. I now have 130 people on my personal team and I am freaking out! I am so disappointed and discouraged. My personal business is awesome, sales exactly where I need them to be, recruititng right on track for my goals. But I feel like I am all alone. It is like I have been abandoned and left holding everyone else's bags. Now of course my income is effected and I have so many more consultants, but going green has never been a problem.

I just want someone who is focused and dedicated to work with...

Yep....you were the one talking ME down two weeks ago....in the words of Dori the fish...just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

((((((HUGS))))))) Jenni I can't imagine.I think Nancy said it all. We're here for you.

Jenni,

It will pass and you will find more directors. You are too good at this to let this stop you!! "Just keep swimming"

BIG (((hugs))) sweetie! Hopefully you'll promote at least 10 of those in the next 6 months & be well on your way to the Executive Level! :D

Ooh Jenni I have so been there. Oy. I had 2 first gen and a second gen all disappear in a matter of months. It sucks. Like everyone else said though, just keep swimming. I was in a funk. Then, just like before, I had a consultant who got serious about promoting and a year and a half later she is going strong. One thing we are both planning to do is start a team building group... 6 people will be invited. Out of those 6 I realistically expect 1 or 2 to work for it and achieve it. It's basically the same formula from Director Express.

I have already started a Step Up program. I have people who come and then they all say they want to promote but dont do the work or really dont have the skills or talent to do it. I think part of my problem is that I am so successful so fast, because of my personal work and life experience. I make this look easy... great... BUT we all know it is WORK and the reality of working a business is not the "glamour" of getting the recognition. So they like to be on a "winning" team, but dont like doing the work

Oh Jenni... I hear ya sister!!!!

I've done the Step Up Program a few times and while they *want* to participate and promote, they just don't do what it take to make it happen. It's so frustrating for everyone!

I desperately want to promote this year... I am SO SICK of being a D. I am going to think through how I can present the SUYB program more effectively with them, short of spoon-feeding them.

Yesterday at Spring Launch I was talking to Amy Neal and I said that I am sick of being a D... her response: "We're kind of sick of you being a D too!!" :veryfunny:

the problem with this business is that everything is dependent on other people.. our shows/sales are dependent on people inviting and holding their shows. Or promoting/increasing income is dependent on other building teams. I know I can do this but how many people do I need to recruit to get "the ones who "get" it". I can only offer, inspire, motivate so much to overcome engrained low self esteem, abuse, self doubt, fear, laziness, stupidity (ok that's not nice but we all know that some of them are never going to be smart enough to get it).

pcjenni said:
the problem with this business is that everything is dependent on other people.. our shows/sales are dependent on people inviting and holding their shows. Or promoting/increasing income is dependent on other building teams. I know I can do this but how many people do I need to recruit to get "the ones who "get" it". I can only offer, inspire, motivate so much to overcome engrained low self esteem, abuse, self doubt, fear, laziness, stupidity (ok that's not nice but we all know that some of them are never going to be smart enough to get it).

This cracked me up because it is SO TRUE!

and to a certain extend the corporate line is that "we" are responsible... if "we" just did this or that we would be successful. So should I recruit more than 27 people a year??? Hmmm ok, I guess I can do that... but the one with NO.. NOT 1 tooth in her head, 14 kids, an alcoholic... how much can I prop her up and motivate her? The one that wants everything for nothing and get mad at me because someone under her promotes someone and I don't give her the credit... how much can I make her understand? The one that comes from an abusive relationship/household... how much can I save her? The 10 that cancel their grand openings because they "are just too overwhelmed"? The ones that won't make phone calls, want to be best friends, want me to give them shows....

Guess I am off to recruit some more people :veryfunny::roflmao:

Jenni, I think you should go for 100 recruits this year. :veryfunny:

Good idea Sheila.. why did I not think of that myself...oh yeah.. I ran out of super glue so I could have the phone glued to my hand!

:veryfunny:Ok now that was funny.

What is "Talk Me Down From the Edge..."?

"Talk Me Down From the Edge..." is a phrase commonly used to express a feeling of being overwhelmed or on the verge of a breakdown. It is often used as a plea for help or support during a difficult time.

Why do people use the phrase "Talk Me Down From the Edge..."?

People use this phrase as a way to reach out for emotional support from someone they trust. It can also be a way to express their feelings of being overwhelmed and in need of help.

How can someone talk someone else down from the edge?

The best way to talk someone down from the edge is to listen to them without judgment, validate their feelings, and offer reassurance and support. It is also important to encourage them to seek professional help if needed.

What are some signs that someone may be on the edge?

Some signs that someone may be on the edge include expressing feelings of hopelessness or being overwhelmed, isolating themselves, and engaging in self-destructive behaviors. It is important to pay attention to these signs and offer support to those in need.

How can I take care of myself if I feel like I am on the edge?

If you feel like you are on the edge, it is important to reach out to someone you trust for support. You can also practice self-care activities such as deep breathing, exercise, and seeking professional help if needed. Remember to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Inomiamenda
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
smile10308
  • erickamcdaniel