• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Lightweight Cooking on the Go?

In summary, Aimee is thinking of flying to Alaska this summer to visit her family and they want to have a show while she's there. She will have a checked bag, but is worried about bringing her PC items onto the plane. She is also worried about taking someone else out of rotation, so she is considering borrowing some tools from a consultant she knows. Noora is also thinking of flying to Alaska this summer, but she is worried about the post office mishandling her mail. She is also worried about bringing her PC items onto the plane. Kay is in Alaska too, but is having a hard time remembering what city.
KayteTUrner
Gold Member
This summer I will be flying to visit family in Alaska and they want to have a show while I'm there (AWESOME!:thumbup:). I will have a checked bag.

I'm thinking that salsa in the MFP would be fun but I don't know if I can get the blade on the plane. I was also thinking fajitas would be good but I'm afraid my DCB will break.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to do lightweight and not take tons of stuff.

Thanks!

Connect with a consultant in the area & borrow the tools you need when you get there. One of our cheffers was nice enough to do that for me when I visited Texas in 2010! :DIf you want, you can offer them any bookings off the show since you won't be there to do them. Unless you recruit while you are there, of course. ;)If your host already has items, you can plan something with what they already own.

Shelia, borrowing is a great idea! Unfortunalty my family lives in a small town, that doesn't connect to any others, with only 1,500 people in the summer and they don't have a consultant. My cousin does have a few things so I'll check with about her items we can use. Thanks for the help!

Aimee's in Eagle River. I have a new recruit up in North Pole & his Hospitality Director is in Fairbanks. Not sure if you are going to be close to any of those areas, but maybe! LOLCall PC before you go, give them the zip & ask them if there is ANY consultant in that area. DON'T USE THE LEAD SYSTEM online. You'll be taking someone out of rotation & they won't be happy! :(

Be prepared! From experience with my SD who travels from PHX to ABQ often to do shows, your baggage WILL be inspected if you are packing PC items...those things show up funny on the x-ray machines! So, pack accordingly :)

If you still have a few months until you go, have you considered having your cousin do a catalog show? I know it kind of splits up her potential efforts, but it might work in both of your benefits. Have her do a catalog and online show, tap into friends and family outside of her local area, and have her get some of the products she wants that you can use for your demo with her FPV from the catalog show.

What about shipping your products before you go? I worked for Researchers that would do this before they went to a conference because it was cheaper to ship their items or flyers or whatever than pay for a checked bag.

I was thinking exactly along the same lines as Noora. If she does a show, she can book off of herself and get the host benefits both months (double in the summer). If you want you can even give her an extra discount on a product that you'd really like to show, like the DCB, make her happy and still save over the cost (and risk) of shipping it there and back.

I didn't want to do without my stuff long enough to ship it ahead or wait for it to come back to me in the mail. That's why I went the "borrowed" route. Plus I didn't have to worry about the post office mishandling the box & breaking stuff.KayPT is in Alaska too, just drawing a blank on what city.

Hi there,
I am in Alaska but in Sitka, a small town in Southeast. I don't know if you will be flying through here. I agree with Sheila. What town are you going to? To get to any small town here you have to fly through a larger place, Anchorage up North, or Juneau in Southeast. I'm sure someone would meet you at the airport with some loaners and you can drop them off on your way out. It is like a 5 min. drive for almost all of us in AK to get to the airport. :)

I'm going to Cordova, with about a 2 hour layover each way in Anchorage. You all are right, I should contact someone in that area and see if they have anything. She's a pretty busy person so I don't think doing a catalog show before hand would be the best idea.I agree on not shipping anything. I don't want to risk it breaking, not making it in time, or needing it for another shows (even though I can borrow from my up line).Thank you so much for all of your help! I will call the home office to find someone instead of using the website.

1. What is "Takin' This Show on the Road"?

"Takin' This Show on the Road" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef that allows consultants to showcase and sell products to customers through an online platform.

2. How do I participate in "Takin' This Show on the Road"?

To participate, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Takin' This Show on the Road" event. From there, you can browse and purchase products as well as interact with consultants through live chat and other features.

3. Can I earn rewards or incentives by participating in "Takin' This Show on the Road"?

Yes, consultants can earn rewards and incentives by hosting and participating in "Takin' This Show on the Road" events. These rewards may include free products, discounts, and other perks.

4. Is "Takin' This Show on the Road" available internationally?

Currently, "Takin' This Show on the Road" is only available in the United States and Canada. However, we are working on expanding to other countries in the future.

5. Can I still earn commission on sales made during "Takin' This Show on the Road"?

Yes, consultants can still earn commission on sales made during "Takin' This Show on the Road" events. Customers can enter the consultant's name or ID at checkout to ensure they receive credit for the sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kchef
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies