• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with a Tasty Pampered Chef Recipe to Share at Work

In summary, In a last-ditch effort to save my business, I've considered sending in a yummy finger-food Pampered Chef recipe to work. Actually, I'd be sending it in to my husband's work. He works at a company that is quite large, and his department alone has hundreds of people. Now I don't plan to feed them all...lol, but I do want to get the word out that his wife is a PC consultant! I don't currently work (still looking for a job), but we're new to the area, and I need to get myself out there. I've approached people in the stores, and gotten some leads that lead
hmolah
In a last-ditch effort to save my business, I've considered sending in a yummy finger-food Pampered Chef recipe to work. Actually, I'd be sending it in to my husband's work. He works at a company that is quite large, and his department alone has hundreds of people. Now I don't plan to feed them all...lol, but I do want to get the word out that his wife is a PC consultant! I don't currently work (still looking for a job), but we're new to the area, and I need to get myself out there. I've approached people in the stores, and gotten some leads that lead NO WHERE. I've advertised locally, and still haven't had any response. I haven't ventured out in my neighborhood to post anything, because I'm not certain of the laws here in Georgia. In the 3 houses surrounding me, there lives no one - the market isn't so great so houses are sitting empty. I've been in this business for nearly 4 years and don't want to quit now, but I can't justify buying more supplies and products when we're completely new to an area and my business is zip.

Ok, sorry for the vent there...the question I ask is, what is a good recipe that would be recommended to share at a work-place? I need something that doesn't have to be cold all day, and yet something that will spark attention. I hear in his area, any food will do this! lol Now, he works with 95% men, but in the past, I've had a little success with this. Men would shop for their wives, mothers, and even themselves! I have learned not to assume that PC is just for women! Kitchen accessories are for everyone!

Anyway, I need some suggestions. He has been working there 2 months now, so it isn't like day 3 and "Hi I'm trying to push my wife's business at my new job" type of situation. He feels comfortable enough now to share what I do. I'd like to send something in early to mid next week.

Thanks for all of the suggestions in advance!

Try an appetizer dish, like salsa and chips, or even a veggie pizza. Definitely finger food. You could do an appetizer and a dessert, too - again, some kind of small finger food (lemon bars, nutty caramel brownies, etc.). Have hubby put catalogs and/or flyers for this month's special in the pantry/break room next to the stuff with your info plastered all over it.

Make sure you have plenty for people to feel okay with taking them. Maybe even offer a free gift or free shipping with their order on the flyer (I sometimes give a Season's Best or a citrus peeler as a free gift when doing this). Make sure hubby tells everyone there is food in the break room, and when they ask who made it, he can say "My wife did - she sells PC and she was practicing some recipes and thought it would be nice to send them in to us here at work." Coach him to hand out catalogs/flyers to anyone who seems interested. I think June's guest special is perfect for a bunch of guys, too, b/c it's a FREE KNIFE! What guy would love that? And, it's green, not pink, so they won't shy away from it b/c of color, either. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Hang in there - have you ordered any CDs on moving your business? One Director in my Exec's first line did one - Deena Drieu - she moved her business several times since her hubby was in the military, and she earned TPC every year, so it can be done!! GL!

My hubby is in the military and I moved it from RI to CA. Talk about a move! At the same time I moved, my director moved from RI to TX. Guess what- we both are doing GREAT!!! Its all about YOU! If your self esteem is lower than normal (ours were) then your sales won't be there but pick yourself up and BAM! within months we were back on our feet and doing GREAT!!!!

Example- our neighorhood has a Yahoo Group and I posted at 10pm Sat. night a flyer talking about hosting a show and getting an extra $15 in FPV- at 10am Sun morning I had a booking! Only one but it turned into a $800 show!! YAHOOO!!!!

If I can do it- you can too! Have Faith! We love you and support you as always!!!

Profiterole Puffs are a good finger food to share, and if you freeze them almost solid before you send them to work, they'll stay cold for quite a while.

Do you have kids? Join a local moms group and you'll get LOTS of leads that way. I was in a group and I can think of at least 4 moms off the top of my head that hosted shows for me.

Just a thought....Find out what the policy might be on YOUR going, taking a treat and serving in person! Contact may be the trick with "the guys". If they like you , then they will more than liking share the info with their S.O.s. So... Maybe that would work better. And don't take anything but you, your treat and catties.
AND talk to hubby about hosting a party himself and invite coworkers and S.O.s to your home for a couples party. Do a BBQ since guys love Grilling!And never, never leave out a neighborhood party. Invite your neighbors over for a Meet and Greet and Eat! And make sure to offer something special for the guest that bring a guest. What I do at my shows is I offer a $2 credit to the person who was invited. (Now I am about to follow my own advice and do a party in my backyard for my neighbors as I have yet to do that. I am only going on 12 years in this house so maybe it is about time!)
I entered the booking challenging starting by Kristi in the Bookings Thread so I am now down 1 of 8 til July 31st!

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas everyone! I appreciate it! No, no kids, so the mom's groups would be out. And I appreciate the idea of going to his work, but it is a secured aviation company that only lets family on the premises once a year for 'Family Day'. So, I couldn't even go in an emergency!

I love the neighborhood BBQ idea! I just need to go a little further than the empty houses to get neighbors! But, I do have some across the street too. We're in a subdivision, but there is a clear 'NO SOLICITING' sign right at the entrance to our gated community. That is why I need to be careful. I don't want to get the HOA knocking on my door. :)

Anymore recipe ideas out there?

I find people are really interested when I make stuff that is really good in a very unusual way, like when I have made microwave cakes in the stoneware bundt pan. It is quick, inexpesive, and people are very impressed that I made such a soft moist cake in the microwave. It might not hurt to have your husband put the stuff together himself if they have a microwave in the office, like maybe send some raw chicken breasts and one of the seasonings, and just let whoever is around know that his lovely wife sent this over for them to snack on, and throw it in the microwave in front of them. That has gotten a prettyy good response too when I've done that.

I have taken recipes to work and church. I have gotten bookings and have sold products that way. The recipes that seem to get the most attention are the Greek Cheese Torta and the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. Sometimes I bring leftovers to work (Creamy One-Pot Pasta) and the wonderful smells from the microwave get co-workers asking me what I am eating and that opens the conversation.

I also have catalogs and a cookbook with me at the grocery store. I lay them on top of my purse and I always refer to the cookbook when shopping for ingredients.

The Greek Cheese Torta is so good! You might try that. I have served it with plain crackers as well as the bread and many seemed to like the crackers better, said it was easier to eat. I used the Simply Socialables (sp?) from Keebler I think.
Good Luck!!

The brownies! Of course! Everyone likes chocolate! I will definitely have to consider those! Thanks for the tidbit! Yeah, here's a neat little tidbit: Hubby uses the plastic cutlery in his lunch because all 3 pieces snap together nicely, and they are great for lunch boxes. He's had some guys commenting on how cool they are because they snap together. I plan on trying to get some of those guys to buy them! :)

DessertDivaFL said:
I have taken recipes to work and church. I have gotten bookings and have sold products that way. The recipes that seem to get the most attention are the Greek Cheese Torta and the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. Sometimes I bring leftovers to work (Creamy One-Pot Pasta) and the wonderful smells from the microwave get co-workers asking me what I am eating and that opens the conversation.

I also have catalogs and a cookbook with me at the grocery store. I lay them on top of my purse and I always refer to the cookbook when shopping for ingredients.

A July 4th cookout could be a success with your neighbors. Hot dogs and baked beans and a potluck. Print up invites but knock on people's door and introduce yourself. I wouldn't mention PC until they came to your house and you knew them.

I'd layer my dh's food over a course of time. One week, I might send brownies with a small sign next to it: "compliments of xx's wife, a PC consultant. Referrals appreciated."

The next week, I'd send a breakfast food like a frittata or baked french toast. Make sure your dh gets there early so people get it when they get coffee. Again, I'd have a small sign next to it and maybe some catalogs.

The week after...a patriotic trifle for July 4th and the next week....dip and crackers.

I think the recipe isn't as important as the consisentency of marketing yourself over and over. If there are lots of people, one recipe may not get anything. But after a few weeks, you might get the guys talking and eventually, they'll tell their wives and you've got a show.

You could even get creative by sending a small gift of food that your dh could put on every desk. This might be too agressive and he may not want to do it but you'd get their attention.

Bee that is a great idea.We are only allowed not put things in our cafateria. I have never had to rely on anything but going from desk to desk to desk but the higher ups OUTLAWED that practice. I love the a little here and a little there thing with a sign in the cafateria. I am going to use that. It may be the only way I can let people know I am still here. Thank you!

Send in Warm and Nutty Caramel Brownies for the office, along with free recipe cards with your info on it. Host a Happy Hour on Fridayfor his office mates since you don't know neighbors yet. I wouldn't bother BBQing, just create some appetizers served on all PC stuff, and some drinks. Catalogs should be readily available. And what do people discuss at Happy Hours? Their jobs!

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and food products. We aim to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable for our customers.

How can sharing a Pampered Chef recipe at work benefit my business?

Sharing a Pampered Chef recipe at work is a great way to showcase our products and services to your colleagues. It allows you to introduce them to our brand and potentially gain new customers. It also helps to build relationships and create a positive work environment.

Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to share a recipe at work?

No, you do not have to be a consultant to share a recipe at work. We encourage anyone who enjoys our products to share their favorite recipes with their friends, family, and colleagues.

What type of recipes can I share at work?

You can share any recipe that features Pampered Chef products. This includes appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and more. We have a wide variety of recipes available on our website and in our cookbooks.

Can I earn rewards for sharing a Pampered Chef recipe at work?

Yes, you can earn rewards for sharing a Pampered Chef recipe at work through our Host Rewards program. Depending on the sales generated from your recipe party, you can earn free products and discounts on future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blessedrub
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Ksiera