• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tailgate Party: Creative Ideas for Business Growth

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of hosting a "tailgate party" as a way to generate booking and recruiting leads for The Pampered Chef. Advanced Director Michelle Beeney and Future Director Tracy Felker share their success with this strategy at a recent conference and plan to implement it in their own areas. They recommend getting permission to set up on private property and encourage others to try this idea or come up with their own creative ways to build their business.
pchefinski
I was weeding through emails and found this from my director. Has anyone ever done this before or know if you would need permission from someone in particular?

Advanced Director Michelle Beeney and Future Director Tracy Felker, both from Nebraska, shared their "tailgate party" concept during Red Carpet Interviews at National Conference.

They explained that a tailgate party is when Kitchen Consultants offer information and free giveaways in a busy location to generate booking and recruiting leads. Michelle says: "We felt pretty conspicuous doing this at first. We set up our materials, put balloons on the cars and stood on the busiest street in town! Temperatures were in the low 90's, we were standing on concrete, it was hot - but we stayed for an hour and a half during lunch time."

In that short time, nine cars stopped. Four of the people had never heard of The Pampered Chef. They received two bookings and two orders. Plus, they met two potential recruits with a strong interest in the opportunity, one potential host with a possibility of becoming a recruit and two contacts who took catalogs and materials.

"Considering the time we invested, Tracy and I felt good about the results. We're planning to schedule more of these events around the area over the next few months!"

Try this idea and develop your own creative ideas to build business!

Parking Lot DisplaysI know Dawn's cluster was planning one last summer. (see http://chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=2526&highlight=parking )

To me, it's sort of an equivalent of being an outside booth at a bazzar or such. It can have it's benefits. One thing though, you should get permission to be on the private property. I'll try to find the other link that discusses this issue. (Not in the mood to re-type it all. Lazy me!)

I haven't personally done a tailgate party before, but it sounds like a great way to generate leads and bookings! As for needing permission, I would suggest checking with your team leader or higher up in the company to see if there are any guidelines or protocols in place for this type of event. It's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to representing a company. Good luck with your future events!

What is a "Tailgate Party" and how can it help my business grow?

A "Tailgate Party" is a marketing strategy where a business sets up a booth or table at a sporting event or other outdoor gathering. It allows you to reach a large audience of potential customers in a fun and casual setting. It can help your business grow by increasing brand awareness, generating leads, and building relationships with potential customers.

How do I plan a successful Tailgate Party for my business?

To plan a successful Tailgate Party, you should start by choosing a popular event or location that aligns with your target audience. Then, create a themed booth or table that stands out and attracts attention. Offer interactive activities, giveaways, and product demonstrations to engage potential customers. Finally, have a clear call to action and collect contact information for follow-up after the event.

What kind of products should I showcase at a Tailgate Party?

You should showcase products that are relevant to the event or location and appeal to the target audience. For a sporting event, you could showcase products related to cooking or grilling, such as BBQ tools or cookware. You could also offer samples or sell smaller, more affordable items that people can purchase on the spot.

How can I promote my Tailgate Party to attract more attendees?

You can promote your Tailgate Party through social media, email marketing, and word of mouth. Collaborate with the event organizers to promote your booth or table on their social media platforms and event website. Create eye-catching graphics and posts to share on your own social media accounts. You could also offer a special discount or giveaway to entice more people to attend.

What should I do after the Tailgate Party to capitalize on the leads and connections I made?

After the Tailgate Party, follow up with the leads and connections you made by sending personalized emails or making phone calls. Thank them for stopping by your booth and offer a special discount or promotion to encourage them to make a purchase. You could also ask for feedback on the event and their experience with your business. Lastly, continue to engage with them on social media to stay top of mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmcosker
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • debbieskitchenhelper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies