• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Tips & Tricks for This Recipe

In summary, the tarry apple tartlets are a popular dish that can be made at a show or at home. They are easy to make and can be customized to appeal to different tastes.
sih
Silver Member
Does anyone have any tips for this recipe? Has anyone ever demoed it at a show? Thanks. :)

Haven't demoed it, made it at a Recipe-A-Rama Cluster meeting last year. Only tip I have is to make sure you use the big Measure-All cup, not the little one. The diameter isn't the same, and the cups won't reach above the edges of the DMMP.

Check out the links at the bottom of this page for older posts. The one "New Tarry Apple Tartlets" has 56 posts, so you should find lots of help there.

I have done this one at a show. It goes over well. People are amazed that you can chop the apples with the food chopper. I always prepare half the pie crust disks ahead of time so the guests don't get bored with that part as it gets monotonous. They are yummy!

I did this at a show once as well and am bringing it to my sunday show if she has 12 or more confirmed guests.

I peel the apples with the peeler then use the apple wedger to show more products, wedger is great demo for those with kids!:) From my experience. They all loved them

Yes do use reg Measure All, luckily when I tried that it was during practice not a show:blushing:

I LOVE these. My only concern is that the half of caramel get really hard when they cool, I mean really really hard. But while they are warm they are the best invention ever!Also demo'd them at my first practice show, it works great bc it uses a nice variety of products.

I made these at a show and they were a big hit. The only comment I heard was to leave out the peanuts. They detracted from the overall taste of the tartlets.

I have made these lots of times and everyone loves them, super easy and feeds quite a few guests.

I love making these in the fall. You can cut the caramels into even smaller pieces if you want or get the caramel chips and put a couple of them instead of the other caramel - the chips don't harden when it cools. I use the apple peeler corer slicer for them and always sell a couple when I demo it. People with kids love it.

The apple peel from the APCS can be used to make gummy worms. Put them in a zip lock bag and add a 3 oz package of jello. Mix to coat peels, then spread on bar pan and bake for about an hour at 270 degrees until the peels are soft and gummy like.

I did these at my first cooking show and used a baggie to drizzle the butterscotch caramel sauce. Do NOT use cheap baggies! Yup, towards the end of the drizzling the bag exploded all over my hands. The little 5-year-old supervising me loved it, thought it was part of the show, and exclaimed that it would be okay to lick my fingers! These are a hit! I agree, however, that when cool the caramel piece gets rock hard. I'll have to try it with the caramel chipos next. Yum!

Thanks everyone! I am excited to make these for my show on Monday! And I am doing a test run this weekend on my family. :)

Rather than use the caramel squares, get caramel bits.. They melt better than the squares.. I put 4-5 in each cup. It saves time. I have hostesses that request I make them.
FYI.. the only place I've found the caramel bits is Wal-Mart... I'm sure other store can get them.

colegrovet said:
Rather than use the caramel squares, get caramel bits.. They melt better than the squares.. I put 4-5 in each cup. It saves time. I have hostesses that request I make them.
FYI.. the only place I've found the caramel bits is Wal-Mart... I'm sure other store can get them.

Those are what I used too and didn't have the problem of thme hardening. I got them at Walmart too though, I was looking for regular carmels and that's all I could find but then found I liked them better! I made these for our family Christmas get-together and had vanilla ice cream out; they were a hit and they were easy enough that I made them while everyone was over. The hardest part was I couldn't find the folded pie crusts, only the ones already in the pan, so I had to work with those for a while to get the right amount of crusts.

You can find the Pillsbury pie crusts rolled up and in plastic sleeves and put 2 in a box. They are located in the section with the pizza crusts and biscuits and all the other Pillsbury refrigerated items.I have always just used the chewy kind of caramels (Brach's maybe?) and haven't had people say anything about them being hard. I've served them room temp. before, too.

Thanks everyone!
I made this for my show Monday night and everyone loved them. :)

1. How do I know if my oven is fully preheated?

To ensure your oven is fully preheated, use an oven thermometer to check the temperature. Alternatively, you can also preheat your oven for 10-15 minutes longer than the recipe calls for to ensure it is at the correct temperature.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in a recipe, but keep in mind that it may alter the taste and texture of the dish. It is best to stick to the ingredients listed in the recipe for optimal results.

3. How do I prevent my food from sticking to the pan?

To prevent food from sticking to the pan, make sure the pan is properly heated before adding the food. You can also use non-stick cooking spray, butter, or oil to coat the pan before cooking.

4. How can I tell when my meat is done cooking?

The best way to tell if your meat is done cooking is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach the desired doneness for the type of meat you are cooking. You can also use the touch test method, where the meat should feel firm when pressed for well done, slightly less firm for medium, and soft for rare.

5. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use dried herbs instead of fresh, but keep in mind that the flavor may not be as potent. When substituting dried herbs for fresh, use 1/3 of the amount called for in the recipe. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs, use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Endora