• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will the Taffy Apple Pizza Work With Pizza Dough?

In Summary, the recipe calls for sugar cookie dough, which can be substituted for the regular dough if you want a sweeter pizza.
basketmom2
Hi, having my second show tomorrow :eek: and I am making the taffy apple pizza but just realized that most people use the sugar cookie dough. I have told my hostess to get pizza dough as that is what my recipe said, will this work and be good or should I get sugar cookie dough? Thanks so much everyone :)

I haven't made this recipe yet, but I wouldn't worry about it. Follow your recipe the way you planned. You can simply point out that the sugar cookie dough can be substituted for the regular dough if you want a sweeter pizza.

...something like that...but don't worry about it, I'm sure it'll be fine. Make a note to test it at home the other way and make a note on your recipe for the way you prefer for future shows, but for now, go with what you'd planned.

Good Luck!

Does anyone know if the ingredients are tax deductable for recipes that we test at home? I think they would be. If you know please let me know.

Thanks,
LindaK

Trust me, the sugar cookie dough tastes tons better than regular pizza dough. If you don't buy your own sugar cookie dough, though, do this with the pizza dough:
Before you bake it, brush melted butter on it and drizzle the whole thing with cinnamon and sugar. That should make it a "sweet" dough.
Just plain pizza dough wouldn't taste right.

And yes, incredients you use to test recipes at home are indeed tax deductable, as well as supplies you buy, your computer, Internet, phone and mileage! :D

One of the reasons I love our recipes is because they are so adaptable. I personally do not use sugar cookie dough on anything. It is too sweet and I have a problem with my cookies getting hard. For the fruit pizza I use crescent roll dough. It makes it more of a pastry than a cookie. I don't know about the pizza dough. I would probably add the cinnamon to it so it wouldn't be like a bread. But, crescent roll dough and pizza dough can be substituted in a lot of our recipes. For instance, I made a braid using a pizza crust because I didn't have any crescent rolls. It worked out fine.

Wow!
Shawnna said:
I personally do not use sugar cookie dough on anything. It is too sweet and I have a problem with my cookies getting hard. For the fruit pizza I use crescent roll dough. It makes it more of a pastry than a cookie. I don't know about the pizza dough. I would probably add the cinnamon to it so it wouldn't be like a bread.

I can't imagine doing the Taffy Apple Pizza on anything but Sugar Cookie Dough! The recipe calls for sugar cookie dough, where did anyone get a recipe that calls for pizza crust? ...hmmm...interresting! :confused:

As for your cookies getting hard, you are most likely baking them too long. I occassionaly bake mine too long and they end up hard as a rock! :eek: You want to bake the sugar cookie and chocolate chip cookie just until they are light brown around the edges. The middle will still look very soft, but of course the cookie continues to bake as it is on the stone. Also, remember that you need to release your cookies you use for pizzas. About 10 minutes after you take it out of the oven, you need to release it with either the serrated bread knife or the large spreader! If you don't do this, it may seem like your cookie sticks and is thus hard to serve! :(

I would buy the sugar cookie dough for the Taffy Apple Pizza and tell your host, you had the wrong recipe! ;) Just my 2 cents!

Just my tips for cookie pizzas as I have made about 200 of them! :D

Marlene,

How do you cut your cookie pizza? Do you use the pizza cutter or the chef's knife?

Love+
Rachel

Use the pizza cutter. It's easier.

wrong crustThanks so much for all the help you have provided. The open house went great $1300 and still going :D I actually downloaded the recipe file from this forum, I am sure it was just a typo but sure tricked me! I called my host and she was going back out to pick up a few things and purchased sugar cookie dough instead. It worked out just fine. I did cook a bit long and will have to remember the advice of taking out when it is just brown on the edges. Thank guys!

I like to slice mine up before adding the sliced apples - easier that way for me. Someone suggested going under the cookie with a long piece of dental floss to release it (if you don't have the serrated knife - which works GREAT!). I have also learned to cook cookies LESS because they do continue cooking.

Great show total, congrats!!!!

pizzaGreat idea to cut the pizza before adding apples! Never would have thought of that. I made it tonight and that was a problem. The dental floss was a good idea as well as I don't have the serrated knife (yet :D ). Oh, I just sent my show of $1450 in :) Thanks for all the info!

1. Can I use store-bought pizza dough for the Taffy Apple Pizza?

Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough for the Taffy Apple Pizza. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for baking and use it as you would with homemade pizza dough.

2. Can I use a different type of crust for the Taffy Apple Pizza?

Yes, you can use a different type of crust for the Taffy Apple Pizza. You can experiment with different types of crust, such as puff pastry or crescent roll dough, to create a unique and delicious twist on this recipe.

3. Can I make the Taffy Apple Pizza ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Taffy Apple Pizza ahead of time. This recipe is best enjoyed fresh, but you can prepare the crust and toppings ahead of time and assemble and bake the pizza when you are ready to serve it.

4. Can I use a different type of apples for the Taffy Apple Pizza?

Yes, you can use a different type of apples for the Taffy Apple Pizza. Granny Smith apples are recommended for their tartness, but you can use any type of apple you prefer, such as Honeycrisp or Gala.

5. Can I make the Taffy Apple Pizza without a Pampered Chef Pizza Stone?

Yes, you can make the Taffy Apple Pizza without a Pampered Chef Pizza Stone. While a pizza stone helps to create a crispy crust, you can also use a baking sheet or pizza pan to achieve similar results. Just make sure to preheat the pan before adding the pizza dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • brandynichoal
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • chef131doreen