• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for My First Kitchen Show: Apple-Themed Recipes

In summary, Lauren made a taffy apple pizza and it was easy to make and everyone seemed to enjoy it. She recommends sprinkling ground cinnamon over the apples before serving.
Laurenncraigory
Ok, I normally like to test recipes before I feed them to unknowing people, but I have no choice this week....My first actual kitchen show is saturday night and I plan on having an apple themed show. I will be making mom's apple crisp and the taffy apple pizza...I might even bring the caramel apple dessert duo to display my simple additions. I have made the apple crisp before, but never the taffy apple pizza. I plan on making the cookie base before I go to the show and bringing it in my insulated tote to keep it hot. For those of you who have made it:
-was it easy?
-any tips?
-was it good?
-Any changes you would make to the recipe?
Thank you in advance for all of your help!!

I had a show last Sunday and made the taffy apple pizza. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Although I thought that it was too messy to demo. I baked the cookie bottom the night before so I just had to add the toppings. I also squeezed a lemon over the apples so they wouldn't turn.

Very easyLauren,

This recipe is very easy and every time I demo an apple recipe I sell the A/P/C/S. I wouldn't change a thing to this recipe. You can however give the cook's tips from the side of the book to help you out. I like the idea of sprinkling ground cinnamon over the apples. It sounds so good.

If your pastry is still warm I would suggest serving vanilla icecream with it and show the scoop, or cool whip and show the EAD.

I have baked the cookie before and at the show. The plus about doing it at the show is you can demo the baker's roller and the pastry mat. I have one of these and what I like about it is that if the dough gets stuck, you just flip it over onto the stone and peel the mat carefully off the dough.

The possibilities are endless ;)

I forgot, make sure your sugar dough is cold and you have flour in one of your prep bowls to dust your stone or mat when rolling out the dough.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best tip I ever received for the Taffy Apple Pizza was to cut it into serving pieces AFTER you spread on the cream cheese/peanut butter mixture but BEFORE you put the apples on. It always looks so pretty and then you completely destroy it to serve.

Also....dipping apple slices in 7up or Sprite will keep them from turning brown.

Hi there! Congratulations on your first kitchen show! It sounds like you have a delicious apple-themed menu planned.I have made the taffy apple pizza before and it was a hit with my guests. It was also fairly easy to make. My tip would be to make sure you have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go before starting the recipe. That way, you can focus on the steps and not have to worry about measuring or chopping while the pizza is cooking.In terms of taste, it was definitely a crowd pleaser. The combination of the creamy cream cheese and the sweet apples with the crunchy cookie base was a winner. I didn't make any changes to the recipe, but you could always add some chopped nuts or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top for some extra flavor.I think your plan to make the cookie base beforehand and keep it hot in an insulated tote is a great idea. It will save you time and make the preparation process smoother.I hope your first kitchen show is a success and your guests love the taffy apple pizza! Let me know how it goes. Best of luck!

1. How many apple-themed recipes should I prepare for my first kitchen show?

It is recommended to have at least 3-4 apple-themed recipes for your first kitchen show. This will give your guests a variety of options to try and will also showcase the versatility of using apples in different dishes.

2. Can I use any type of apple for the recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for the recipes. However, certain varieties may work better for specific dishes. For example, Granny Smith apples are great for baking, while Honeycrisp apples are perfect for snacking.

3. Should I have all the ingredients pre-measured before the show?

It is recommended to have all the ingredients pre-measured before the show. This will save you time during the demonstration and help the show run smoothly.

4. Do I need to have special kitchen tools for the apple-themed recipes?

No, you do not need any special kitchen tools for the apple-themed recipes. However, having a good quality apple corer and peeler can make the preparation process easier.

5. Are there any alternative ingredients for guests with allergies or dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are alternative ingredients that can be used for guests with allergies or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour for a gluten-free apple crisp or substitute honey for sugar in a recipe for guests with a sugar intolerance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • JaimeAnnR